X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    Spoiler:

The rest of the ship to go with my new turret.. it still needs a lot of work...

Comment

lol a ww1 ship???

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
        lol a ww1 ship???
        It started off as a fairly normal ship... shiny textures, Daedalus style engines.. etc.. but now it's partway through being converted into a steampunk style ship Eventually the whole ship will be the same style as the turret

Comment

that will be coool tpo see man!

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Comment

Thanks everybody for your inputs. I'm afraid though, I might just have to stick with my 2D drawings for the moment. I just don't have the time to start learning a new concept ( and I'm too ruddy old). I didn't know about the spoiler tags, I'm a computer user yes, but like Jack, I mainly just type stuff, not really knowing what I'm doing. I can do the 2D drawings only because in the Navy, we had to do map courses, which included generating simple 2D layouts on a very basic map software. Then when I was leaving the service, 18 months prior to my discharge, I did a CNC course, which involved 2D toolpath generation on a CAD/CAM software. That's the limit of my experience.

Jack has the knowledge of the ancients stuffed in his head. In the control room he is madly pounding away on a keyboard.
            Sam. "Sir, do you know what you're doing?"
            Jack. "No Carter, I don't!"

But if someone is willing to go just a little further in helping me, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.
            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
              Thanks everybody for your inputs. I'm afraid though, I might just have to stick with my 2D drawings for the moment. I just don't have the time to start learning a new concept ( and I'm too ruddy old). I didn't know about the spoiler tags, I'm a computer user yes, but like Jack, I mainly just type stuff, not really knowing what I'm doing. I can do the 2D drawings only because in the Navy, we had to do map courses, which included generating simple 2D layouts on a very basic map software. Then when I was leaving the service, 18 months prior to my discharge, I did a CNC course, which involved 2D toolpath generation on a CAD/CAM software. That's the limit of my experience.

Jack has the knowledge of the ancients stuffed in his head. In the control room he is madly pounding away on a keyboard.
              Sam. "Sir, do you know what you're doing?"
              Jack. "No Carter, I don't!"

But if someone is willing to go just a little further in helping me, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

Lol, place your images PJOZ in Spoiler tags. Let me show you:

HTML LESSON 101

Spoiler:

This text is now in spoilers tags. Spoiler tag button is a "white square with very thin, blue lines as borders for it with a BLACK exclamation point in the center of it.
              And if you still can't find it, you can always type it in yourself.

Please place these HTML tags before your text that you want to post or what have you, example:

[SPOILERS}
              -PLACE HTML IMAGE TEXT IN HERE-
              [/SPOILERS}

Now note that you want to surround the word "SPOILERS" with the simple one-lined brackets; these "[ ]".
              Once you do that, it's all good. But note that the first word [SPOILDERS} doesn't have a slash, "/" before the word "Spoilers" after like the second [/SPOILDERS} does. That's because the slash indicates that you have ended the spoiler tags, or HTML process (in a sense). It is the same for any HTML text on this forum. Just like whenever you bold some it's [B} blah, blah[/B} (you have to fix the ending brackets with one-lined brackets, not squiggly brackets).

SGUIGGLY BRACKETS = { }
              ONE-LINED BRACKETS = [ ]

Sorry if some of this information is redundant or lamo, just trying to help in case you don't know any html or what not.

sigpic
              You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                first of all put some spoiler tags around that image block.

Have you tried sketchup?

Sketchup is very easy to use, just start with a block and cut into it.

-------

Nice to see you around Bob.
                Just another phone checkup on the forums, I might not be there posting but I'm still lurking and watching until I get back. Which is in 3+ weeks
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                  lol a ww1 ship???
                  WW! battleships were not steam punk. Steam Punk means everything is powered by steam. Even the cannons use steam to fire projectiles enstead of gunpowder
                  Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

puddlejumperOZ- I like your Dropship design.... i might try my hand at something similar.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

An update on my recent design for a battle carrier, its a little BSG but i was watching exodus and saw the galactica drop towards a planet releaseing fighters and loved the idea.

So this ship has huge flight decks to deploy fighters within an atmosphere. What you can't really see in the renders is that this carrier also has a poseidon bomber launced from a hanger under the arch with its own flight deck as well.

Spoiler:

puddlejumperOZ - could you edit the post with the images to add spoiler tags please.

sigpic

Comment

Looks beasty.
                        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                        sigpic

Comment

wow thats an animal

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                            An update on my recent design for a battle carrier, its a little BSG but i was watching exodus and saw the galactica drop towards a planet releaseing fighters and loved the idea.

So this ship has huge flight decks to deploy fighters within an atmosphere. What you can't really see in the renders is that this carrier also has a poseidon bomber launced from a hanger under the arch with its own flight deck as well.

Spoiler:

puddlejumperOZ - could you edit the post with the images to add spoiler tags please.
                            So why don't you just use the ship's top as a flat deck?

Comment

My new ship design for GWVF 4.0
                              Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

it is supposed to be of ancient design....

Comment

It kind of has a homeworld (game) feel to it which I like.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                                Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Working...
                                X