Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Those who use Sketchup i have Reuploaded the Texture pack from the Modelling Pack as requested by DavidT, Cant uploaded the Full modelling pack but could be interested in creating another one. Wall message me if you interested in contributing, dont PM as i have a full Box.

Link to Texture Pack:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/25542160..._Pack.rar.html
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
      Titan_HQ kindly rendered my ship (This was talked about on CASF)
      We take good care of our members.

If it's ok with you I should get titan to send me a copy in lwo or obj. I have some render ideas myself.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
      Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Sure, i'll let anyone render/texture it how ever they want. What else would one do with WIP/Finished models?
        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
        sigpic

Comment

Battle scenes?

Fleet shots?

deaths?

Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            Battle scenes?

Fleet shots?

deaths?

Well I want to start with doing a line render like I did with my unmanned stealth ship and after that I'll see where my time is at. Still have my second contest ship to finish.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

Ok theres one thing that i dont think anyone has rendered from one of thier own ships, a Destruction scene. Like It blowing up properly...
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

luckliy enough, my ship is all in different component, so it should be easy enough.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
                  luckliy enough, my ship is all in different component, so it should be easy enough.
                  That's where it's harder for me since my models are merged together as one piece.

Comment

oh, break it up into little bits. Like half head, half neck, half body, wing. Make them all components. Then to do finer details you make all of the components into a bigger component. Add some distortion, the explosion and wave effects to cover the gaps where the ship has broken apart. also moving into the model and cutting bits out then throwing them around the scene is a good thing to do as well.

Did it once at school, i'll look around for it on my computer and post it up.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm partway through converting my ship to run on steam power.

Spoiler:

Comment

what do people use to model their ships?

Comment

Blender = free 3d modeling software with render program installed into the program. Not user freindly at first.
                          Google SketchUp 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 = Free 3d modeling software with no render program installed. (plugins are available) Very user friendly after a few toutorials.
                          Lightwave = better than blender because of toutorials and other cool stuff, but you have to buy it.
                          3ds max = 3d modeling/animation program. Has render program installed but not very user friendly at first.

There are others, but those are the most popular here.
                          sigpic

Comment

sketchup needs no tutorials. well, only to learn the more advanced parts

Comment

I found it:

Spoiler:

Not really a good destruction scene, but a destruction scene none the less.
                              sigpic

Comment

I made a new turret for my ship

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X