This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

i thought the 304 was a dreadnought.
      sigpic

Comment

If you build a dreadnaught that is more powerful and bigger and a huge fighter carrier, a battleship and a carrier the 304 will take on a new role within your fleet.

sigpic

Comment

ok
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
            # "C" -- Protected Cruisers
            # CA -- Armored Cruisers
            # CA -- Heavy Cruisers
            # CB -- Large Cruisers
            # CBC -- Large Tactical Command Ship
            # CC -- Battle Cruisers
            # CC -- Command Ships
            # CG -- Guided Missile Cruisers, also including CAG and CLG.
            # CL -- Light Cruisers
            # CLAA -- Antiaircraft Light Cruisers
            # CLC -- Tactical Command Ship
            # CLK -- Cruiser-Hunter Killer Ship

but for designing ships I would just go for a C = cruiser, CA = heavy cruiser, and CL = light cruiser.

After you create loads of ships I think the 304 takes the role of heavy and the 303 light.
            that's a canny few cruisers
            i draw StarGate ships I'm not perfect at them, then nothing's perfect well StarGate is

I will do request cause I'm nice, i have an obsession with drawing Ori Mother Ships don't know why

Spoiler:
            i'm writing my own Stagate series, its called star gate Achilles its a a galaxy based with the highly technology advanced replicator-humans with atlanten and Asgards technology 2 of the most power ships and a fleet of C-305's are in bound to find out if there is an live this galaxy but what will heppen will be massive shock to the tau-ri

x-304 line art
            Spoiler:

done by me took hours then forgot to add weapons so its not finished

feel free to use I'd love to see colored in version

Comment

Thats just my opinion on the progression of the tauri feet as you develop new ships in the challenges for example.

sigpic

Comment

ok i seem very bored, and I'm gonna try and make all of the above cruiers from the Achilles line art frame
                i draw StarGate ships I'm not perfect at them, then nothing's perfect well StarGate is

I will do request cause I'm nice, i have an obsession with drawing Ori Mother Ships don't know why

Spoiler:
                i'm writing my own Stagate series, its called star gate Achilles its a a galaxy based with the highly technology advanced replicator-humans with atlanten and Asgards technology 2 of the most power ships and a fleet of C-305's are in bound to find out if there is an live this galaxy but what will heppen will be massive shock to the tau-ri

x-304 line art
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
                  i only just managed to download SU, then it stopped downloading things because i installed something onto my laptop which i always do, i think i'll stop installing the program to see if that helps.
                  Have you tried uninstaling it, then reinstaling it? worked for a friend of mine
                  Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by SGC Earth's Defense Commander View Post
                    i agree SU is better as in blender all i can do is move a square
                    It took me a couple of days to learn Blender.. well, at least enough of it to make this:

Spoiler:

Not the latest pics, just the last few I uploaded to photobucket... once you get used to the Blender interface it's not all that different to Sketchup..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                      It took me a couple of days to learn Blender.. well, at least enough of it to make this:

Spoiler:

Not the latest pics, just the last few I uploaded to photobucket... once you get used to the Blender interface it's not all that different to Sketchup..
                      is blender free?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                        is blender free?
                        It is.. but I would recommend reading as many tutorials as you can find. And rendering with Yafaray..I find I get better results than with the internal renderer.

Blender ver 2.49a

http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/

To make it work you'll need Python 2.6.2 which you can get here:

http://www.python.org/download/

And Yafaray for rendering.. not necessary but I find I get better results using Yafaray than I do with the Blender internal renderer which is available here:

http://www.yafaray.org/download/yafaray011RC3

Work through as much of this guide as you feel is necessary.. then use it as reference material if you get stuck.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

There are forums and a lot of tutorials available on both the Blender and Yafaray sites.. and google can find many more..

Comment

thanks yo. Im gona look into those.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            once you get used to the Blender interface it's not all that different to Sketchup..
                            Really? I tried to use sketchup, and found it EXTREMELY hard. I guess I'm more used to command-based rendering with complicated UI.
                            I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to snap objects to grid (I'm a stickler for precision), texture objects, or boolean anything. It was TOO simple.
                            But that's my opinion.

by commander of the uss capricorn

Comment

Originally posted by Commander of the USS Capricorn View Post
                              Really? I tried to use sketchup, and found it EXTREMELY hard. I guess I'm more used to command-based rendering with complicated UI.
                              I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to snap objects to grid (I'm a stickler for precision), texture objects, or boolean anything. It was TOO simple.
                              But that's my opinion.
                              For the basic functions that Blender and Sketchup have in common they're similar.. but Blender is much more powerful...

Blender's interface is complicated, but it's possible to make ships using only the most basic functions.. as I did with the model I posted earlier.

Comment

well the best 3d software you can get is 3Dmax
                                cost about $3500 back pocket change

Spoiler:

x-304 line art
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X