Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Ancient space station, It's still not finished but it's coming along nicely. What do you think of it?

Spoiler:

sigpic
    Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
    STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

It seems to be a bit nlocky, try add more towers and detailing.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Locutus - I know your trying to keep the small point on the head but just fan it out a little, what did you think of the photoshopped concept?
        see below
        Spoiler:

there is no text on the image like i usuall do as the ship design belongs to locutus.

Gen_finley - increase the length of your central tower add more buildings in the centre but not too dense and add lift struts off the main tower like Atlantis.
        Like i say to 442 get kerkythea or podium, im assuming your in sketchup it will raise the apperence of your model, and before the mods say it your sig is too big.

---

I have done a few more things to my shipyard, but not much. Out shopping today...with my lady, so that means not much time in krackers and more time in Jane Norman, Karen Millen.

added images of the yard. (Large Image)
        Spoiler:
        Last edited by Merlin1701; 18 June 2009, 12:43 AM.

sigpic

Comment

I like the photo shopped one allot, I just don't know how to get it done...

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Spoiler:

O I redid the guns, they are still at 18 of them. with 8 on the wings and 7 in the head and 2 on top of the head and two on the bottom of the head and two at the rear, but facing forward on the high thingy

Also keep in mind these guns are not firing asgard plasma beam weapons. They fire a pulse or beam based on the AG-3
            Last edited by locutes; 18 June 2009, 02:58 AM.

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Comment

Gen_finley - increase the length of your central tower add more buildings in the centre but not too dense and add lift struts off the main tower like Atlantis.
              Like i say to 442 get kerkythea or podium, im assuming your in sketchup it will raise the apperence of your model,
              Thanks for the Advice, I was planning on making more towers, but i'm not sur exactly hoy many to add, cause i don't want to add to many and make it to clutered. How much do ether of the programs you recommended cos, cause i don't get payed tell next wednesday.
              sigpic
              STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Gen_fin: they're free

Loc: Its hard to reconmend gun positions without the model in front of you. I'd say ten of those max, normal plasma cannons/coil guns/ rail guns would be good in batteries of four- eight.

Carriers are suposed to just hold fighters with a small array of weapons. If you want bigger, make it a battle cruiser/warship. At the moment that's just a huge battle carrier.
                Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                sigpic

Comment

Tomorrow I'll post pictures showing all faces of the ship, some specialized shots and all, but now Im going to learn some History, got a damned test bout it tomorrow

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
                    Gen_fin: they're free

Loc: Its hard to reconmend gun positions without the model in front of you. I'd say ten of those max, normal plasma cannons/coil guns/ rail guns would be good in batteries of four- eight.

Carriers are suposed to just hold fighters with a small array of weapons. If you want bigger, make it a battle cruiser/warship. At the moment that's just a huge battle carrier.
                    Oh cool, were do you get them?
                    sigpic
                    STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

type them into google and it should come up with them
                      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                        Locutus - I know your trying to keep the small point on the head but just fan it out a little, what did you think of the photoshopped concept?
                        see below
                        Spoiler:

there is no text on the image like i usuall do as the ship design belongs to locutus.

Like i say to 442 get kerkythea or podium, im assuming your in sketchup it will raise the apperence of your model, and before the mods say it your sig is too big.

---

I have done a few more things to my shipyard, but not much. Out shopping today...with my lady, so that means not much time in krackers and more time in Jane Norman, Karen Millen.

added images of the yard. (Large Image)
                        Spoiler:
                        i dont no if its just me but that shipyard just keeps getting better and better

p.s.id green you if i could
                        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Well, after a few weeks inactivity on the modeling front, i've gotten to work again. here's a basic layout for the weapondry of my battleship:

Spoiler:

EDIT: still not sure about the missile silos. i think i'll go with this simpler design:

Spoiler:
                          Last edited by tjoflojt; 21 June 2009, 09:15 AM.
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by IMDB
                          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                          Hehe

Comment

Just trying something out.

YouTube - Stargate - USAF Daedalus Clay Render Top View

I think the next one I do will be 20 seconds or more long so a person can really take the ship in.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                            Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                              Just trying something out.

YouTube - Stargate - USAF Daedalus Clay Render Top View

I think the next one I do will be 20 seconds or more long so a person can really take the ship in.
                              It does seem a little rushed. If you made it 20 seconds and had it rotate slower then that would help things a lot. But still does a nice job of showing off your beauty of a 304 haha.

Comment

Nice, RJB! but like Finger said, slow it down a bit

Anyway, i think my weapons are getting a bit over the top... what do you think?

sigpic

Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by IMDB
                                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                                Hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X