Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about the practicality of open flight decks, but that this ship is one of my favorites. I think it's because the front end looks kinda like a dragon or the Godzilla from the motion picture 'Godzilla' with Matthew Broderick
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Im back in lincoln now, so normal service will resume shortly, i now have access to all my files and therefore if anyone needs any specific models or thing i may have on my normal PC that i havent had for the past few weeks then they are now available. Also I am going to begin work on a number of new projects over the coming weeks, the major project that some of you know about will not begin in full until i have at least the bulk of my course work done, so im guessing for another week. I propose to have a MSN meeting when convenient for everyone at some point soon to talk about stuff. As to them 2.0 Modelling back, if anyone wants to submit models, and i have seen people getting thier models in to order via the group shots, which is awesome then your free to upload them or email me them ([email protected]) at any time and ill tuck them away in the the new modeling pack folder. Aside from being a compilation of the majority of models related or created by the Stargate fan base i would like the second pack to be as useful as possible in terms of ship modelling and design. Interpret that as you will but i would like info or example of textures people use, maybe links to general modelling or useful ship design tutorial (may want to write one), componants that could be useful (semmer and boberth2, you have good examples of weapons turrets that could be put in, in addition to the ones i have from Zake from the first Pack), perhaps someone would like to prepare a standard scene for say blender or photoshop (brushes, lighting, starfields) that contain no models but could be used as the base for a scene, just open the prepped scene and drop a model in and render.

I would request that people dont PM me, i have been on 99% for along time and have lost some important messages to me cos i had to delete a load and then it got filled back up, if you want to send me anything or tell me anything my email, MSN or even facebook for those who have it, that is the preferred communication method for me. Thank you for any help you would like to give, and hope this can be beneficial to all.

Tep
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

look the stuff i proposed is never showed. but robotic arms coming from the ground, with a magnetic clamp, could easily put on ammo, annother arm could refill the craft, and once ready, it could take off again. use an automated protocol for the 302's to properly land and takeoff, use asgard beaming/beam station to beam the 302's on the deck or to the storage

Comment

Basically killman's trying to say that what he's saying has no canonical proof whatever, but he (and I, in this instance) thinks it makes since.
          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

In that case, having both ends of the hangars open to space would make a lot more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
              Im back in lincoln now, so normal service will resume shortly, i now have access to all my files and therefore if anyone needs any specific models or thing i may have on my normal PC that i havent had for the past few weeks then they are now available. Also I am going to begin work on a number of new projects over the coming weeks, the major project that some of you know about will not begin in full until i have at least the bulk of my course work done, so im guessing for another week. I propose to have a MSN meeting when convenient for everyone at some point soon to talk about stuff. As to them 2.0 Modelling back, if anyone wants to submit models, and i have seen people getting thier models in to order via the group shots, which is awesome then your free to upload them or email me them ([email protected]) at any time and ill tuck them away in the the new modeling pack folder. Aside from being a compilation of the majority of models related or created by the Stargate fan base i would like the second pack to be as useful as possible in terms of ship modelling and design. Interpret that as you will but i would like info or example of textures people use, maybe links to general modelling or useful ship design tutorial (may want to write one), componants that could be useful (semmer and boberth2, you have good examples of weapons turrets that could be put in, in addition to the ones i have from Zake from the first Pack), perhaps someone would like to prepare a standard scene for say blender or photoshop (brushes, lighting, starfields) that contain no models but could be used as the base for a scene, just open the prepped scene and drop a model in and render.

I would request that people dont PM me, i have been on 99% for along time and have lost some important messages to me cos i had to delete a load and then it got filled back up, if you want to send me anything or tell me anything my email, MSN or even facebook for those who have it, that is the preferred communication method for me. Thank you for any help you would like to give, and hope this can be beneficial to all.

Tep
              Ahh, I added you to MSN using that address that you gave out. I had PM'd you, but that would explain why you didn't get it.

Comment

I know this seems a little bumb but would there be any gravitational forces in the void between pegasus and milky way. I have an idea for my new midway station.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                  I know this seems a little bumb but would there be any gravitational forces in the void between pegasus and milky way. I have an idea for my new midway station.
                  There's gravity everywhere, only it's strength varies wildly. We know that the galaxies have gravitational effects on each other, that's why we're colliding with Andromeda in 4billion years.

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                    There's gravity everywhere, only it's strength varies wildly. We know that the galaxies have gravitational effects on each other, that's why we're colliding with Andromeda in 4billion years.
                    The short answer is no. Their too insignificant to affect anything.

Comment

The Andromeda thing is due to the fact that the galaxies are moving.

Gravity is a very weak force. Its effects drop to almost nothing very quickly as you move away from objects with enough mass to show it (and it takes a lot of mass to show it in any event).
                      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

yea gravity is VERY weak. compare: the sun is that big to accomplish Deuterium Fusion. we can reproduce that in a reactor the size of a house, using a magnetic field and a supermicrowave!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                          Basically killman's trying to say that what he's saying has no canonical proof whatever, but he (and I, in this instance) thinks it makes since.
                          alright then in that way i have to say that i agree with that.
                          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

well i still dont get where you got the canonical thing from. i never said it

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              well i still dont get where you got the canonical thing from. i never said it
                              wat do u mean?
                              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:

Hey guys, I have a few updates.

I added landing gear to the front, still have to do the rear.

And I scaled the ship. The measurements are:

Length = 134.1m
                                Height = 23.46m
                                Width = 32.69m

That red block is 5.5feet tall, so it's the size of the average person.

I think that I'll be leaving the armour clean like it is now. I will add minor detailing over the front of the ship, and the engines, but I will leave it uncrowded.

Sorry, the lighting kind of sucks in a few of the renders, but I was in a hurry. Need to sleep.

Oh, and the landing gear will obviously retract.
                                Last edited by Finger13; 04 January 2009, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X