This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
    Why longer? I thought they might be a little too long already, besides that I wanted to add some more things, and yes a base is among those things.
    Because it would look more like a cannon. Or more cannonish
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Did the Tollan Ion Cannons look like guns? Not particularly and yet they were still cool, I'm working on the complexity of this gun, it should get better as I go along.

Comment

Did the Tollan Ion Cannons look like guns? Not particularly and yet they were still cool, I'm working on the complexity of this gun, it should get better as I go along.
        Yeah I guess so but those did have alot of points coming out of the front which added to the coolness
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Like I said, I'm not done with this design, I'm just posting it to see if anyone can suggest where I should put points or something else. If it was done I would have had it on a model and not bothered with a picture of the gun at all.

Comment

does anyone has Beliskner screenshots ??

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
              does anyone has Beliskner screenshots ??

sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Ooh cool screen shots.

Anyway here is, hopefully, one of the final rough encarnations of my Ion/Charged Particle gun.

Spoiler:

And without further ado here are some super rough images of my scout, at this point it is nothing more than a shape so pointers would really be useful.

Spoiler:

Please tell me exactly what you think is wrong with them, not generalities.

Edit: Also would it be alright if I added four energy weapons to my Carrier?

Comment

Here are my gun ship vessel.

A unique design I thought, not to sure it very Stargate, but their I like it so just wonder what you guy thought of it.

I have ran out ideas for this model. It a gunship model, I just wondering if any one got any suggestions on improving it or things to add. Just anything to give ideas really.
                  Last edited by knowles2; 16 February 2007, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Hey dudes. Check these out:

Rotwailer1
                    Rotwailer2
                    Rotwailer3
                    Rotwailer4
                    Rotwailer5
                    Rotwailer6
                    Rotwailer7

Guess where the name comes from... (seriously.. it was a random pattern..)

Comments?

Comment

Ooh cool screen shots.

Anyway here is, hopefully, one of the final rough encarnations of my Ion/Charged Particle gun.

Spoiler:

And without further ado here are some super rough images of my scout, at this point it is nothing more than a shape so pointers would really be useful.

Spoiler:

Please tell me exactly what you think is wrong with them, not generalities.

Edit: Also would it be alright if I added four energy weapons to my Carrier?
                      Nice cannon, I like it, Here is a coil gun I designed.

sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Nice gun design. What do you think about putting a gun on a rail system so that it can move along the hull of a ship as it swivels and fires at other ships?

I'm redesigning my guns base to allow for a system that puts it onto a rail system, thus giving it a greater range of firing.

Edit: I know that everyone is probably sick unto death of my pitiful attempts at making an energy weapon design but I like to torture people sometimes.

Anyway here is the last gun that I made with some modifications, I will be making a base to go with this but I like to hear people rag on my work. This one will be able to go either the width or the length of the ship on a rail as it is swiveling, I think this system will make it more flexible so that I can fewer stronger railguns capable of covering a larger area.

The double barreled one is for medium to large ships that have power to spare while the other one is meant to be a bit more economical.

Spoiler:

So what do you think?
                        Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 16 February 2007, 03:31 PM.

Comment

why posting in both threads? Im sure its safe to say that everyone involved in the fleet read these 2 threads.
                          Cool weapon tho.

Comment

Yes but not everyone on this thread is involved in the fleet though and it is safe to say that I am probably going to use this gun on something other than a fleet ship.

Edit: Here is a couple shots with the gun on its base, neither are finished but I think they look alright.

Spoiler:

What do you think?

Comment

Very nice. They are a good concept for an energy cannon. Cant wait to see them on the actual ship.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                                Very nice. They are a good concept for an energy cannon. Cant wait to see them on the actual ship.
                                Neither can I. I simply don't quite know what to make it look like at this point. At first I wanted something with no Hyperspace capabilities but that idea quickly went out the window. right now I know generally what the ship is going to have, with the exception of the number of Ion guns, but I have no clue what it will look like. The picture I posted before was my first idea and a very poor one at that. I'll make a new one but I'm just not sure what I'll come up with yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X