Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experimenting with new styles for making ships. Getting bored with Stargate style. Kinda easy. This might ressemble stuff on 3d warehouse. Im getting new ideas. its under construction of course.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
      Experimenting with new styles for making ships. Getting bored with Stargate style. Kinda easy. This might ressemble stuff on 3d warehouse. Im getting new ideas. its under construction of course.

Spoiler:

aye aye aye looks good
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post

Spoiler:

Very cool indeed.

Is that an attack vessel or something meant purely for speed?

Comment

its like something you could have a sporty car version of space ships, or a race entry in the loop of con garat.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            its like something you could have a sporty car version of space ships, or a race entry in the loop of con garat.
            Actually it isn't a stargate ship. I'm pretty sure Extrenix already said that. So I doubt that you would ever see this ship in the loop of con garat.

By the way why didn't my Carrier make it into the voting place on the Fleet 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
              Actually it isn't a stargate ship. I'm pretty sure Extrenix already said that. So I doubt that you would ever see this ship in the loop of con garat.

By the way why didn't my Carrier make it into the voting place on the Fleet 2.0?
              i think he forgot...nothing personal or wrong with your ship
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

it was nothing personal i assure you, i did look at 15 page prior to the revote looking for entry, i missed a couple and im sorry for that.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

I have a new idea, actually it might have been thought of before but I haven't heard of it so this should be relatively original.

Let us build a ship. With each of us with some kind of modeling experience, and some way to convert said models from one program to another with relative ease, building a part of the ship. A few people could do the hull some on weapons and so on and so forth until we have each constructed a single ship. Then we put it together, which will look pretty ugly until we rework it again so that all the pieces fit together.

What do you think is this a good idea or no?

Comment

Hello again

I have some new ideas...i came up with this ship when i was bored, and tried something new..am still trying to get the texturing right, which is a right pain...
                    tell me what you think...

satnam
                    http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/newcraft.tif
                    http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/newcraft2.tif
                    http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/newcraft3.tif
                    http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/newcraft4.tif
                    strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

I have a new idea, actually it might have been thought of before but I haven't heard of it so this should be relatively original.

Let us build a ship. With each of us with some kind of modeling experience, and some way to convert said models from one program to another with relative ease, building a part of the ship. A few people could do the hull some on weapons and so on and so forth until we have each constructed a single ship. Then we put it together, which will look pretty ugly until we rework it again so that all the pieces fit together.

What do you think is this a good idea or no?
                      I asked for this a while ago, but no buddy was up to it.

Im still game if anyone else wants to try it out.
                      Visit my Website

Comment

Its a good idea but we would all have to opperate in sketchup, i think it would be better for each of us to design a componant(weapons, engines, wings) rather than a part of the ship.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                          Its a good idea but we would all have to opperate in sketchup, i think it would be better for each of us to design a componant(weapons, engines, wings) rather than a part of the ship.
                          Yeah that is pretty much what I had thought of. But we'd have to figure out the spec sheet first so that we had something to judge the whole model by.

Comment

here is something new

sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                              here is something new

Which looks very much like something old. No offense it is an excelent model but it seems like we are getting so caught up in that style that we lose some of our creativity.

Which is why after I'm done with my scoutship and destroyer designs I am going to concentrate mainly on the new Hege style of spacecraft.

Comment

Which looks very much like something old. No offense it is an excelent model but it seems like we are getting so caught up in that style that we lose some of our creativity.

Which is why after I'm done with my scoutship and destroyer designs I am going to concentrate mainly on the new Hege style of spacecraft.

Well it has been done to death. Anyway, whats this hege style your talking about?
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X