This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
    Yeah, but the shield would do most of the protection of the for the gun. Also the tracks could be interwoven with eachother. So a gun could lock on to a enemy fighter and follow the fight around the ship, instead of just shooting at in when it comes into the frame of view. Hey I just thought wh ythe need for atrakc when you could just use magents. No track is needs and the gun could go on any part of the ship that has trinium hull, of course if trinium is magnetic. Neodymium magnets should do it.
    The rail system is going to be part of the ship not just some tacked on piece of metal. And yes having it be magnetically propelled is pretty much essential. I was just using the rail idea to get people to understand my meaning.

I'm not sure that I can have these rails go in a circle, certainly not a very tight circle... hold no a sec that gives me an idea... in fact this new idea will give me even more mobility than I had at first thought of, thank you Bob!

I don't want to have two guns on the same rail, there is too much of a chance that they will run into each other or otherwise hamper each others movement in a firefight. Immhotep provided a cursory spec sheet for my, now our, scout-ship with that and a little bit of immagination I think that i can come up with a model, who know maybe even within a week.

Comment

CS-306 Nimitz
      Designation: Battleship
      Production: Semi-Limited
      Unit Run: 5 in service
      Commissioned: 2012-?
      Designers: Area 51

Dimensions
      Length: 480m
      Width: 118m
      Height: 72m

Armament
      DLS Missile Tubes: 16
      Mk5 Nuclear Missiles: 125
      Mk8 Nuclear Missiles: 125
      Mk9 Gatebusters: 50
      Horizon: 5
      156mm Railguns: 36
      CIWS Vulcan/Phalanx Point Defenst Cannons: 24
      Ion Cannon: 2

Defenses
      12cm thick Ablative Armor
      Asgard Shields
      Trinium Double Hull

Propulsion
      Intergalactic Hyperdrive: 145 LY/M
      Tau'ri Sublight Engines: 140,000mps (225,260kps)
      Anti-Gravity Wave Generators

Power Plant
      Asgard Reactor

Standard Tech
      Tau'ri Long Range Sensors
      Subspace Comm.
      Long Range Comm.
      Asgard Beaming Tech
      Ring Transporters
      Inertial Dampeners
      Life Support System

Small Craft
      F-302: 24

History
      Spoiler:
      The Nimitz class was meant to create a viable capital ship that could respond to threats quickly and efficiently. The researchers at Area 51 started working on the spaceframe and other technology that was more advanced than the status quo. One of the new weapons was Project Eisenhower, Earth's 1st successful attempt at an Ion Cannon. They also created Diagonal Launch System Tubes to increase the speed of missiles. When the ship was completed in 2012, it spent a year in shakedown to work out the kinks of all of the new systems that. In 2014, the Nimitz was sent to Madaris system to meet up with the Asgard, Tok'ra, and Ancients to discuss how to deal with the Jaffa, Ori, and Lucian Alliance . The system was chosen because it had an abandoned Space Station(which happens to like exactly like DS9) and the Jaffa didn't know about the system. Unfortunately, the Jaffa knew about the location of the summit and placed an Ori Satellite near the station. The Jaffa also hid 6 Hatak class vessels in an asteroid field. The Tok'ra arrived 1st in an Alkesh and were destroyed by the satellite. The Asgard arrived next in the O'Neill Class Battleship Hammond and destroyed the satellite. The Tau'ri and Ancients arrived last(the Ancients sent an Aurora class Battleship called the Hypernova). Suddendly the 6 Hatak class motherships came out of the Asteroid belt and attacked the station and ship.The Nimitz took on all of the Hataks and won with shields down to 15% after the last mothership was destroyed. After the summit the 3 powers agreed to plan and went back to their respective worlds(Asgard: Orilla, Ancients: Andura, Tau'ri: Earth). The Nimitz class was given the rank of Battleship and by 2020, a total of 5 Nimitz Class Battleships were built.
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Well it is interesting, but will it be extremely cheap and easy to produce? Also where did you get the name, what is SECNET, and I thought McKay was dead, wouldn't we have a different model of cloak by now?
        Mkcay isnt dead! Atlantis would be over if Mkcay died lol. it would be easy to produce, all of those componant would be in production because they are used on many different ships.
        Why break what isnt fixed, if the Ancient are satisfied with the PJ's cloak then who are we to argue. Peracles was given winged sandels making him able to fly very fast and a helmet of invisiblity so good name for a steath ship IMO.
        SECNET is a secure subspace based internet i introduced to the fleet.

You can modiefy the specs sure.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Type: Long-range, advanced hyperdrive capable, assault ship

Classification: D’Larex-Class warship

Hull: The hull is comprised of Four meters thick Trinium/Naquada/Titanium ablative armour, with secondary two meter thick Titanium armour underneath. A separation between the two hull armours is caused by the introduction of a electrolytic gel, allowing the dispersion of high amounts of energy across the ship.

Decks: The main ship has 15 decks, all standing approximately 2m in height with a 1m shaft between decks.

Dimensions:
          >> Ship Height: 45m
          >> Ship Length: 300m
          >> Ship Beam: 150m

Crew: A crew of 100 is required to control the ship

Craft: All D’Larex-class ships are equipped with a single secondary craft.
          The craft is as follows:
          >> 25m long, 5.4m high, with a beam of 15m
          >> 2x 100mm Uranium/Naquada rail-cannons
          >> 10x medium-range Naquada plasma missiles
          >> A single bubble shield generator
          >> Four Tritium Ion Thrusters, and six Thrusters

Power plant:
          >> 2x Subspace Naquada/Deuterium fission reactor generators

Engines:
          >> 1x intergalactic “Waverider” hyperdrive
          >> 15x Tritium Ion Engines
          >> Anti-Gravity Engines

Propulsion:
          >> Maximum engine propulsion: 99.95 PLS

Armament/Weapons:
          >> 5x Beam Energy Weapons
          >> 20x Uranium/Naquada plasma rail-cannons
          >> 30x long-range Naquada plasma drones
          >> 40x medium-range Naquada plasma drones

Defences:
          >> 14x regenerative Contoured shield generators [Distance of approx 10m]
          >> 8x secondary contoured shield generators.
          >> Structural Shields

Other Technology:
          >> Phased Cloaking Device
          >> Internal Dampeners
          >> Biological/Crystalline computer technology
          >> Holographic interfaces
          >> Beaming jammer
          >> Ring Transporter

Technical and Historical Notes:

The D’Larex-class ships are designed to attack capital ships through and through, utilising heavy weaponry and being the second fastest ship in the fleet. The D’Larex-class ships attack in a squadron of two, using joint targeting systems the ships target the same area to maximise damage.
          Last edited by fallen_arbiter; 19 February 2007, 07:28 AM.
          Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_arbiter View Post
            Craft: All D’Larex-cl assships are equipped with a single secondary craft.

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
              Thanks for that pumkin....

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                The rail system is going to be part of the ship not just some tacked on piece of metal. And yes having it be magnetically propelled is pretty much essential. I was just using the rail idea to get people to understand my meaning.

I'm not sure that I can have these rails go in a circle, certainly not a very tight circle... hold no a sec that gives me an idea... in fact this new idea will give me even more mobility than I had at first thought of, thank you Bob!

I don't want to have two guns on the same rail, there is too much of a chance that they will run into each other or otherwise hamper each others movement in a firefight. Immhotep provided a cursory spec sheet for my, now our, scout-ship with that and a little bit of immagination I think that i can come up with a model, who know maybe even within a week.
                Yeah but what i meant is that there is no rail and that the gun is attached to the hull of the ship magneticly, meaning that is could go anywhere on the hull of the ship
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                  Yeah but what i meant is that there is no rail and that the gun is attached to the hull of the ship magneticly, meaning that is could go anywhere on the hull of the ship
                  ... oh I don't think that would be a very good idea, remember what happened to Carter when she was working on the super gate, something similar might apply to ships. It is just too risky. Besides how would I get energy to it if it could be anywhere on the hull?

Originally posted by immhotep
                  Mkcay isnt dead! Atlantis would be over if Mkcay died lol. it would be easy to produce, all of those componant would be in production because they are used on many different ships.
                  Why break what isnt fixed, if the Ancient are satisfied with the PJ's cloak then who are we to argue. Peracles was given winged sandels making him able to fly very fast and a helmet of invisiblity so good name for a steath ship IMO.
                  SECNET is a secure subspace based internet i introduced to the fleet.

You can modiefy the specs sure.
                  I didn'y mean in the show right now I meant in the timeline of the fleet McKay was probably dead, or something similar, besides that I figure we'd be building on the Puddle Jumper and other Ancient technologies. After all you had to physically go into the hardware to change it from cloak to shield, chances are we will want an easier system to use than that.

I looked Peracles up on Wikipedia but I didn't get anything, then I looked up Pericles and I got some poet/philospher guy. I think I know the story that you are talking about but I wonder if you got the name right.

So do all ships in the fleet have it? If not it is kind of useless, it would be like giving a wlkie talkie to someone stuck at the bottom of the ocean and telling them to call for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                    CS-306 Nimitz
                    Designation: Battleship
                    Production: Semi-Limited
                    Unit Run: 5 in service
                    Commissioned: 2012-?
                    Designers: Area 51

Dimensions
                    Length: 480m
                    Width: 118m
                    Height: 72m

Armament
                    DLS Missile Tubes: 16
                    Mk5 Nuclear Missiles: 125
                    Mk8 Nuclear Missiles: 125
                    Mk9 Gatebusters: 50
                    Horizon: 5
                    156mm Railguns: 36
                    CIWS Vulcan/Phalanx Point Defense Cannons: 24
                    Ion Cannon: 2

Defenses
                    12cm thick Ablative Armor
                    Auto-Modulating Shields:
                    Trinium Double Hull
                    Phase Cloak

Propulsion
                    Intergalactic Hyperdrive: 132 LY/M
                    Tau'ri Sublight Engines: 140,000mps (225,260kps)
                    Anti-Gravity Wave Generators

Power Plant
                    Asgard Reactor

Standard Tech
                    Tau'ri Long Range Sensors
                    Subspace Comm.
                    Long Range Comm.
                    Asgard Beaming Tech
                    Ring Transporters
                    Inertial Dampeners
                    Life Support System
                    Tractor Beam
                    Biological/Cystalline Circutry

Small Craft
                    F-302: 24

History
                    Spoiler:
                    The Nimitz class was meant to create a viable capital ship that could respond to threats quickly and efficiently. The researchers at Area 51 started working on the spaceframe and other technology that was more advanced than the status quo. One of the new weapons was Project Eisenhower, Earth's 1st successful attempt at an Ion Cannon. They also created Diagonal Launch System Tubes to increase the speed of missiles. When the ship was completed in 2012, it spent a year in shakedown to work out the kinks of all of the new systems that. In 2014, the Nimitz was sent to Madaris system to meet up with the Asgard, Tok'ra, and Ancients to discuss how to deal with the Jaffa, Ori, and Lucian Alliance . The system was chosen because it had an abandoned Space Station(which happens to like exactly like DS9) and the Jaffa didn't know about the system. Unfortunately, the Jaffa knew about the location of the summit and placed an Ori Satellite near the station. The Jaffa also hid 6 Hatak class vessels in an asteroid field. The Tok'ra arrived 1st in an Alkesh and were destroyed by the satellite. The Asgard arrived next in the O'Neill Class Battleship Hammond and destroyed the satellite. The Tau'ri and Ancients arrived last(the Ancients sent an Aurora class Battleship called the Hypernova). Suddendly the 6 Hatak class motherships came out of the Asteroid belt and attacked the station and ship.The Nimitz took on all of the Hataks and won with shields down to 15% after the last mothership was destroyed. After the summit the 3 powers agreed to plan and went back to their respective worlds(Asgard: Orilla, Ancients: Andura, Tau'ri: Earth). The Nimitz class was given the rank of Battleship and by 2020, a total of 5 Nimitz Class Battleships were built.
                    I made the shields Auto-Modulating, added a tractor beam, gave it Bionueral circutry, and gave it a phase cloak. I also lowered the hyperdrive speed a bit. The new Ancient homeworld is called Andura.
                    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                      ... oh I don't think that would be a very good idea, remember what happened to Carter when she was working on the super gate, something similar might apply to ships. It is just too risky. Besides how would I get energy to it if it could be anywhere on the hull?
                      It could have its own generator, the little ones
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I'm not much of an artist, plus I don't have a scanner or anything like that. I was thinking of some kind of reverse engineered Puddle Jumper, maybe with some F-302 missile enhancements and a hyperdrive for a quick get away.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Young View Post
                          I'm not much of an artist, plus I don't have a scanner or anything like that. I was thinking of some kind of reverse engineered Puddle Jumper, maybe with some F-302 missile enhancements and a hyperdrive for a quick get away.
                          Like an assault jumper, the jumper comes equiped with drones so I think that drones would be better than missiles. But who knows.
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

ok, in the rail department I was thinking something like an upside down 'T' on the bottom of the gun, like this
                            Spoiler:

And here is another view
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                              I made the shields Auto-Modulating, added a tractor beam, gave it Bionueral circutry, and gave it a phase cloak. I also lowered the hyperdrive speed a bit. The new Ancient homeworld is called Andura.
                              Question, why would the Tau'ri/Ancients design as ship that used biological/crystalline technology?

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_arbiter View Post
                                Question, why would the Tau'ri/Ancients design as ship that used biological/crystalline technology?
                                Because it supposedly is faster and more efficient than normal circutry. Also because it sounds cool and we in RL have no clue how to master it.

Comment

Working...
                                X