Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STARGATE SG 1 & ATLANTIS WERE DID IT GO WRONG ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When a person has an honest problem with the language, that's one thing.
    When a person is just to lazy to be bothered with anything as plebian as grammar and spelling, that's another thing. And not a very good one, IMO.

But that's beside the point. I think that this thread has probably run its course. The original author has had his say, we've had our say, he's riposted that he doesn't give a rat's arse what we think, so is there really any point in dragging it out any further or in sinking to the level of personal insults? Fun, but not very productive.

Comment

Originally posted by ancient-archangemon
      i like caps i like big letters and yeap im most defenetly a jerk comes with me being human and all ya know as for the spelling dont care how i speell dont care how gramatically acurate i am i just post to have fun
      Mistakes and caps do make it harder to read, especially when you obviously have the ability to use better spelling in other threads.

Originally posted by ancient-archangemon
      i just hope this seasson we get to see the furlings
      Goodgodno, I hope we never see the Furlings! There isn't a VFX in the universe that could live up to that name!
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Please, can we stick to the discussion? The topic is quite clear - if you don't agree with what Archemon has said then state why you don't agree. Or why you might agree.

The topic of this thread isn't telling someone how they should post, or your pet peeves with the way people write.

With the former - I have to say that I am very uncomfortable with telling someone how they should express their opinions. There are quite a few people in this thread that I have in the past had to say to others to stop telling them how to post. If you have a personal issue with a particular poster, then deal with it privately. Don't clog up a discussion thread with it.

With the latter, that's a different topic entirely. Please feel free to post in the Off Topic folder a thread along those lines. Don't take it upon yourself to police how other people write their posts - if you don't like it then just don't read it. Or, if you feel they are genuinely not realising that their posts won't be read because they're writing in caps or using text speak, then politely tell let them no. Don't rant at them or stamp on them. Especially if they're newbies - you might have seen it all before and know all the netiquette rules, but that doesn't mean everyone does. Have a little patience OK?

I've read back over this thread and there is nothing that Archemenon has said that is excessive, or could be termed 'bashing'. I'm concerned that people are reading the posts that this person has made in the light of a number of different negative threads that have started - bear in mind that this is a different person, who may not have even read those threads.
        sigpic

Comment

You've pointed out some good aspects there gypsy. Sunken in well
          __

__

Comment

"digimon digital monsters digimon are the GOA"... i mean... champions"

uhh.. we should have a old classic debate...

Comment

first of gypsy we do i find this " the netiquette rules" honestly i have only figured how to post hehehe really would apreciate the help tough

on a second note
              digimon rule !!! anyways so what do you people hope to see in seasson 8 ?

like i said i like the idea of seein the furlings and maybe the nox heck i would even be glad to see some tollans

Comment

Working...
              X