Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STARGATE SG 1 & ATLANTIS WERE DID IT GO WRONG ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's actually very interesting. I think they would because of what they are designed for and how they work. athough we don't really know. But if it can destroy a entire fleet in a few seconds, then it could certainly wipe out some replicators
    __

__

Comment

But there's always the chance that the replicators are somehow immune from the 'glowy things' and manage to incorporate glowiness into their own mechano structure. Then we are royally screwed.

Comment

Ancient-Enhanced Evvvvil Glowy Replicators in the Shape of Jellyfish?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
          Ancient-Enhanced Evvvvil Glowy Replicators in the Shape of Jellyfish?
          Yupsureyabetcha

It's just the new kind of villian this show needs. SG1 needs more glowing machines to do battle with.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            we figure out how to work the ancient glowy-jellyfish-of-doom weapon (by the way, I want that listed as the official name in the Omnipedia )
            No promises.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how one can spell "archangemon" and "asgard" and then muck up something like "LOSS CITY".

1. The Replicators have grown as an adversary (as we shall see), but it's "our" show...we have to kick their butts! It's in the script!

2. No. We don't have a Stargate anymore. That's why the whole show takes place around SGC. Because there is no Stargate. Yep.

3. We knew the time device wouldn't work by the end of Unnatural Selection. It's sci-fi...these things never work.

For Atlantis: I suppose that they could have found the Lost City, found the weapons, know immediately how to make them work, kill all the Goa'uld and any remaining Tok'ra, assume there are no other baddies anywhere in the galaxy, and then used the Stargate to take vacations. Great idea! It would save all the millions of dollars it takes to produce the show(s) every week!

Nice work for a first post. You're entitled to your opinion and no one is going to force you to watch, so thank you for sharing.
              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
              once done, cannot be undone...
              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

You can't just keep things simple on a show, the demand will fall and it will simply be a complete failure
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Roatbaum
                  perhaps not come to this forum to bash our show?
                  You haven't been here much...keep reading the board and you will realize that all about half the people do, is bash the show... ...I think it's stupid, but they are "fans of the earlier seasons," and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
                  "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by David
                    No promises.
                    pleeeeeeaaaaaassssssssse?

sigpic

Comment

Glowy-Jellyfish-of-Doom = GJOD... oh my, what a fantastic name for a weapon!
                      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                      once done, cannot be undone...
                      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
                        You haven't been here much...keep reading the board and you will realize that all about half the people do, is bash the show... ...I think it's stupid, but they are "fans of the earlier seasons," and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
                        whatever. As am I.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                          Glowy-Jellyfish-of-Doom = GJOD... oh my, what a fantastic name for a weapon!
                          It is! Maybe we need a poll....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
                            Excuse me. It is Tuesday, the end of my work week, and I'm 'stressed' ?(good excuse for bad behaivour? I think not) Didn't mean to be 'snappish'
                            I apoligize if the first reply came across that way.

Comment

No worries, Roat. You aren't the problem. THIS time. I rather liked your first response. Almost Teal'c-like in its zen attitude.

Comment

Man, you came here to bash the show, basically. Unfortunately you haven't really found anyone to agree. You see, and I know that I put Farscape in my posts entirely too often, but it tends to work since I love both shows and I can't help but talk about SG-1 at FMD sometimes, either...

I love Farscape because of all the drama and character development behind it. SG-1 has progressed from a show about going places and doing things with loveable characters, to a show about going places, doing things, and loveable characters that have lives and feel real. That's what the creators of Farscape have always tried to do, and I'm falling for Stargate now, more than ever, since the show is evolving into that.

Besides, come on. It's been seven years. They need to focus more no the war, on the main plot. That's what they're aiming for lately. I mean, don't get me wrong. They've always had a good grip on keeping the plot running smoothly but, hey, is it so wrong for me to honestly say I love episodes involving the Goa'uld being fought against, and the Asgard, and the Tok'ra, and the Jaffa, and pivotal moments in the timeline of the show, moreso than the ones where they go places and just... do things, with other people? I don't think it is. I think there's a good balance still, even now, for "filler episodes" as they're called and "plot-based episodes". I like both a lot with Stargate but it's the latter that always pulls me in the most. Because when it comes down to it, I'd rather watch an episode where Earth is in peril, and all the high drama that produces, than an episode where SG-1 goes to another planet and something goes wrong with the natives.
                                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                                X