Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole time travel thing does screw up the timeline a bit no wonder the ancients didn't like it
    With all these opportunities (3 and counting) to go to Atlantis I guess TPTB aren't too willing to let Dannyboy get to Pegasus. I'd like to see that However it doesn't look too likely this season. Poor Daniel. Anyway did they manage to bring the whole database back to earth or just some? Maybe someone could answer also how much do you think the Daedalus will be travelling between the MW and Pegasus? I haven't been reading any of the writers blogs so I might have missed an obvious answer to this question.
    Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
    1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
    2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
    3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

It will travel quite often and they can bring the whole database back if they have enough hard drives
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
        Actually the daedalus is leaving in the ep 'Avalon'

The list he means is the one transmitted on the ep 'Letters from Pegasus'
        Nope this doesnt make sense........its taken two years for mitchell to recover.......mobeus only took place at the most a year and half later..

The shows appear to no longer be synced in time to one another. There are way to many discrepencies for it to be synced - like why daniel thinks hes going to atlantis to explore when its under attack and they could need to blow the self destruct any second. A few others. Theres quite a few posts about this.

Comment

It does seem a little out of snyc time wise, but that doesn't matter I mean Altantis season one stated after sg1 season 8 so it would make sence that the two shows have eps that are off. A little confusioning if you follow them both but acceptible. I do hope it keeps getting better
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            Actually the daedalus is leaving in the ep 'Avalon'

The list he means is the one transmitted on the ep 'Letters from Pegasus'

Not for the first time though. The Daedalus is making regular trips between Earth and Pegasus. It's making it's second trip by the toime Avalon rolls around.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I hope the PTB use the three parter as an opertunity to start SGA with catching up to SG-1 time wise.

Perfecto!

Comment

The database could have also been transmited when they used the ZPM to send troops on Atlantis, as radio goes both ways! Also the Daedalus was supposed to get there so fast because of the ZPM powering the hyperdrive! Making round trips would seem rather time consuming!
                Also in Letters... they sent videos, a list of names doesn't seem to much! (the 2 weeks comment does show it's unlikely).
                And remember Moebius never really happend for SG-1, they got the ZPM at the end of s8, but in Atlantis they had it at the beginning of Siege 2 (When they found the ZPM they didn't semm aware of the situation in Atlantis, as they would have been if Letters already happened)! So SGA was in front at the end of s8(sg-1)/s1(sga)!
                Last edited by @Li3n; 22 July 2005, 01:34 AM.
                Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

We have no idea how fast the Daedalus' hyperdrive could get it to and from the Pegasus galaxy without the ZPM. They used the ZPM to get there as quickly as possible because they needed to help the expedition fend off the Wraith with it. That doesn't preclude the idea of Atlantis keeping the ZPM while the Daedalus ferries people back and forth with like a couple weeks' travel time round-trip. Hammond was willing to take the Prometheus, which is even slower than the Daedalus, to check up on the Atlantis expedition, so obviously it's feasible for the Daedalus to make it there on its own power, it'd just take a bit longer. As long as they're not actively using the Daedalus to defend Earth, which they shouldn't be, considering we've gotten rid of all the major threats at this point, I don't see why it would be too time consuming to make round trips between Earth and Atlantis.

I doubt the list of names was transmitted when the troops arrived on Atlantis. Everyone was a bit preoccupied with the troops' arrival and then setting up the defenses.

SGA was ahead at the end of last season, but what does that have to do with this season? Months have elapsed between "Moebius" and "Avalon," whereas mere seconds have elapsed between "The Siege II" and "The Siege III."
                  Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                  Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                  Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                  Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

No, it went to Atlantis in order to stave off the attack, thus the return trip would be the first time they went home, which would be after The Siege part 3 and before Intruder. In Intruder, Caldwell says he is on his 3rd trip trekking the distance between the 2 galaxies, but not in those words, but that is what he is saying.

Comment

Considering that they could only save maybe 9 percent of the databse, than they only brought back maybe 9 percent of the database.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                        We have no idea how fast the Daedalus' hyperdrive could get it to and from the Pegasus galaxy without the ZPM. They used the ZPM to get there as quickly as possible because they needed to help the expedition fend off the Wraith with it. That doesn't preclude the idea of Atlantis keeping the ZPM while the Daedalus ferries people back and forth with like a couple weeks' travel time round-trip. Hammond was willing to take the Prometheus, which is even slower than the Daedalus, to check up on the Atlantis expedition, so obviously it's feasible for the Daedalus to make it there on its own power, it'd just take a bit longer. As long as they're not actively using the Daedalus to defend Earth, which they shouldn't be, considering we've gotten rid of all the major threats at this point, I don't see why it would be too time consuming to make round trips between Earth and Atlantis.

I doubt the list of names was transmitted when the troops arrived on Atlantis. Everyone was a bit preoccupied with the troops' arrival and then setting up the defenses.

SGA was ahead at the end of last season, but what does that have to do with this season? Months have elapsed between "Moebius" and "Avalon," whereas mere seconds have elapsed between "The Siege II" and "The Siege III."
                        But we just don't know when O'Neill quit being the commander of the SGC, so we don't know where Atlantis is when the timeline is considered. In The Intruder, they went to Earth using the Stargate(Weir said they went to Earth in an instant, and now the Daedalus seems like an inconvenience), and we see Beau Bridges is in charge, but we just don't know when he took charge.

Comment

I believe they are now(presently Avalon pt II and Intruder) on same time line.

As Caldwell has said in Intruder this is his 3rd time of intergalactic travel, he didnt specify from mw to pega but its assumed as he had no time to otherwise.

I'm assuming that during the time of Avalon pt 1 the flashbakc scenes of Intruder were happening. which means that they should be on tract, they may be a couple days, or perhaps weeks apart at points but thats alright.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                            I believe they are now(presently Avalon pt II and Intruder) on same time line.

As Caldwell has said in Intruder this is his 3rd time of intergalactic travel, he didnt specify from mw to pega but its assumed as he had no time to otherwise.

I'm assuming that during the time of Avalon pt 1 the flashbakc scenes of Intruder were happening. which means that they should be on tract, they may be a couple days, or perhaps weeks apart at points but thats alright.
                            The beginning of Avalon is happening during The Siege part 2. Remember, Daniel misses his ride because of being unconscious. And if they had the ZPM, he could've just gated there, which he couldn't do. It's during The Siege part 2 because with the ZPM it only takes 4 days to get there, but without it, it takes under 3 weeks, and Daniel needed the ride because the ZPM was powering the ships engines in order to get there quickly and it was the only way to deliver the ZPM. And here's a question, when the ZPM was brought to Atlantis, and powered up, why didn't they just fly away? The city is an intergalactic spaceship, so why not just fly it back to Earth and try to solve the Wraith problem there?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                              We have no idea how fast the Daedalus' hyperdrive could get it to and from the Pegasus galaxy without the ZPM.
                              They say in the SGA 2-2 The Intruder that it takes 18 days for the Daedalus to make the trip.

I had orignally thought Daniel meant the list came with the burst of info from the Letters from Pegasus episode and it can easily be fitted in the message as we found out that they can compact tons of info in that short burst and that's also why they have enough room for everyone to send a video.

It's pretty clear to me know that SG-1 is slightly ahead of SGA right now as Avalon took place after SGA team had came back for 2 weeks or so (Weir said that they have been away from Atlantis for 2 month and it takes 18 days to make the trip and they are 2 days away from getting back). So, Avalon (trilogy) took place before episode 2 of SGA but definitely after 2-1 of SGA (Seige 3).
                              I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

I believe I can answer this question based on facts presented in both series. I am going to first state the facts, draw conclusions based on those facts, and then make a final hypothesis. Warning: Until confirmed by canon events or one of TPTB, this is all speculation...

Facts:

- In the Stargate Atlantis episode "The Intruder," we learn that the Daedalus returned to Earth after the events of "The Siege, Part III" and then again left Earth for Pegasus.

- We also learn in "The Intruder" that it takes 18 days one-way between Earth and Atlantis.

-We know that the Daedalus was two days from Atlantis in during the events in "The Intruder."

- We know that SG-1 had been broken up for at least a month before the events of "Avalon, Part One" because of General Landry's statement in that episode that Teal'c had leaft the program "more than a month ago."

- We know the Daedalus had left Earth during the events of "Avalon, Part One."

- The events of "Avalon, Part Two" took place immediately after the events of "Avalon, Part One."

- The events of "The Intruder" took place at least a month after the events in "The Siege, Part III."

Conclusions:

- The Daedalus flight Daniel was scheduled to take was the second flight that left for Atlantis, not the first one.

- The events of "Avalon, Part One" take place at least three weeks after the events in "The Siege, Part III" because that is approximately how long it would have taken the Daedalus to return to Earth without the ZPM. Assuming they left immediately after the events of "The Siege, Part III."

Relavent Unknowns:

- How long SG-1 had been broken up

- How long the Daedalus remained in Pegasus after the events of "The Siege, Part III."

- How long Daedalus remained on Earth before leaving again for Atlantis as per the events in "The Intruder."

Hypothesis:

After doing some fuzzy math, I speculate that, as of the end of "The Intruder" and "Avalon, Part Two," SG-1 is approximately three weeks behind Atlantis. This is based primarily on the fact that in "Avalon, Part One" the Daedalus had just left for Atlantis, and in "The Intruder," the Daedalus had just arrived at Atlantis.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X