No announcement yet.

You Know You're a Stargate Fan When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you start referring to your motorcycle as the Daedalus...

Comment

when you design ships for the sgc.

Comment

You memorize the Earth address for Milky Way, Atlantis, and Universe.

You memorize other SG-1 and Atlantis gate addresses.

You print out the DHD symbols and tape them to the wall and pretend you are dialing the gate while pushing on the symbols.

You stand in the middle of your living room and pretend you are about to be beamed or ringed up.

Everytime you are about to merge onto the highway you say "opening a hyperspace window" or "engaging hyperdrive". And when you exit the highway you exclaim "exiting hyperspace".

You think the Hazard light button in your car is the point of origin.

You create a printout of the DHD and put it in your car pretending it to be a jumper.

You speak like teal'c

You say "John Shepherd" just like Todd does.

You make all the sound effects with your mouth of the incoming wormhole, rings, and asgard beam.

You pretend the umbrella is a staff weapon by holding it horizontal and pressing the open button, and you make the staff weapon sound effect as if its firing.

You create a stargate out of cardboard.

You draw or tape the ring platform on the floor.

Comment

When you've revived this thread.

Comment

... you've lost count of how many times you've watched it so you just say that you've watched it 'a lot'...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

You feel ashamed you've watched it just for 7 times and not more.
              sigpic

Comment

...when you've got background TV on, and well:

The IT Crowd:
                Reynhom: "Congratulations on Project Icarus Roy!"

My immediate thought? OMG! Roy must have been the IT guy on Project Icarus!
                "The Stargate is exploding the planet!"
                "Well, have you tried turning it on and off again?"

Comment

...When you are watching other shows and you're thinking 'this show could use a Stargate'

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                  "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                  a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

...When watching other shows some of Jack's funny observations pop into your head (where appropriate)...

Comment

When you go back and look at a bunch of old comments and think, that makes sense in context.

(but now it's just, "What was I thinking?")

Comment

You're watching a scientific-type show and you find yourself thinking "Sam Carter would be entranced by this", and Jack O'Neill would understand none of it.

Here's a recent headline I came across. They need to consult Sam Carter as to how best to accomplish this protection from asteroids, etc.:

Global Effort Needed to Defend Earth from Asteroids, Astronauts Tell UN
                        Last edited by hedwig; 08 December 2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

When you can play out most episodes and moments in your head. And you start to say a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenSG1 View Post
                            When you can play out most episodes and moments in your head. And you start to say a lot more.
                            I can do that!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              I can do that!

That's one of the best things!

Comment

You are having a conversation with someone and they say something innocent and unrelated to Stargate, but it reminds you of Stargate and then you smile, making them not sure if you were smiling at what they said or not, which can be uncomfortable if they were actually being serious...

Comment

Working...
                                X