Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know someone you know isn't a gatehead when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mentalmichael
    ROFLMAO!!!

Comment

When you draw detailed drawing of Staragtes (Milky way & Pegasus) in the back of your Maths Book & they ask you what the circle means... (It's happened...)

When you burst out laughing in the middle of maths when you miss-name the Origin in Translations/Enlargements of Shapes as "The Point of Origin" & they just stare at you & edge away slightly... (Again, It's happened...)

When you're riving down the Motorway & the signs say "Keep 2 chevrons Apart" & only you laugh... (Yes, again, sadly it's true...)

When when no-one in your school can Pronounce & Spell Goa'uld apart from you... (But why would they need to?... )

When your in RE & you start talking about Origin as a main religion & they stare blankley at you... (Not yet... )

Comment

When you tell someone you're watching an episode of Stargate, and they tell you how much they like Kurt Russell. (Yes, it's happened. Fortunately thugh, I like Kurt Russell too.)

Your friends think you're in some kind of weird college-student cult when you start quoting them the Book of Origin.

They leave you hanging when you say "and that's short for..."

Comment

when you ramble on about stargate physics to your friends and they start to fall asleep

Comment

When you bring up how f****** amazing the season finales were and they're like, STAFOO.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

...when they don`t laugh at Teal`c`s Jaffa-joke from "Seth"

Cracks me up every time
              Teal'c: I am loyal to the Tau'ri.
              Simmons: Why should I believe you?
              Teal'c: If I were still loyal to the Goa'uld, you would know it.
              Simmons: Really?
              Teal'c: It would become immediately apparent, as I would not hesitate to kill you where you sit.

Comment

...when someone stares bewildered at your Java programmed Stargate dialing program and has no idea what it's for.

I actually am working on a crude Stargate dialing program for Java (just text based, no graphics). My friend just kept staring at it and had no idea what it was. I also, one time, encountered 32 errors after compiling the program one time (Forgot to end some lines with ';') . I said, "Now I know how Sam felt".

Comment

You say Stargate & they think "Jump Gate" and start babbling on about whether or not Babylon 5 was a good show. For the record, I liked it.

You refer to your coffee as "Jaffa" instead of Java and someone corrects you.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

...they ask you once a year if you're still into Star Wars.

One of my friends does that. She's a bit of a Star Wars fan and can't seem to keep the two apart.

Comment

When they fall asleep during a Stargate presentation.

Comment

...you have to fight with them for the remote whenever stargate is on!

Comment

When you unwittingly start pronouncing your friends' full names and then you catch yourself and laugh, and they think you have lost it.

When you are in the middle of giving yourself a marathon of 12 episodes straight and then they say "you watch too much of that star wars gate stuff," even though the box is right in front of them with all the characters on it.

Comment

When someone falls asleep watching stargate(yes this has happened to me before shock horror! )

When you tell someone it is set now they reply with "but they have portal thing don't they"
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
                              When someone falls asleep watching stargate(yes this has happened to me before shock horror! )

When you tell someone it is set now they reply with "but they have portal thing don't they"

how dare you fall alseep during stargate.

well at least you didn't have to listen to the prior go on and on
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                                how dare you fall alseep during stargate.

well at least you didn't have to listen to the prior go on and on
                                I didn't fall asleep someone i know did, i think it was the first ep with the human form repys not sure though..
                                Last edited by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac; 07 April 2006, 07:40 AM.
                                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
                                X