No announcement yet.

You Know You're A Gate Head When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you were meant to be kicking and screaming, not them!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Do i atleast get some time to practice my kicking an screaming. I'm a bit out of practice.

Comment

Hhhm.

Back to discussion: I was watching the Simpsons episode with the 3 eyed fish and grinned the whole way through thinking about Moebius fish thing and also the whole Burns as Goa'uld from (I think) Lost City.

Aah. Bliss. I'm such a gatehead!

Comment

I think i watch the simpsons to much

It could be another symptom of gateheadedness

Comment

The two go hand in hand. If you want to understand Gate, you need basic knowledge of Trek and Wars, and intimate knowledge of Oz and Simpsons.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              The two go hand in hand. If you want to understand Gate, you need basic knowledge of Trek and Wars, and intimate knowledge of Oz and Simpsons.
              In that case, I've got two out of four. But that's mostly to understand Jack's comments, isn't it? If you want to fully understand Carter or Daniel on the other hand, you need more expansive resources, for example you may want to include the basics of modern theoretical physics & Greek mythology.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiret
                If you want to fully understand Carter or Daniel on the other hand, you need more expansive resources, for example you may want to include the basics of modern theoretical physics & Greek mythology.
                i think im guilty of understanding all that stuff! yes i do know what sam is talking about and in greater depth as well which is just sad
                - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

your a gate head if u have a tatto of a snake on ur head!!!lol...uh oh i just looked in the mirror...i need a skin graft!!!
                  tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                  yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                  Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

In that case, I've got two out of four. But that's mostly to understand Jack's comments, isn't it? If you want to fully understand Carter or Daniel on the other hand, you need more expansive resources, for example you may want to include the basics of modern theoretical physics & Greek mythology.
                    You know your a gatehead when, you play dumb and pretend not to understand this stuff (when you realy do, just to anoy people) i blame it all on Magnets.....

Comment

Exactly. I love mythology and science. Am a languages student, but love playing dim.

Comment

...you can sing the Atlantis theme in solfegge:

(C minor (or possibly another mode – haven't got the harmonies yet))
                        Do sol do te sol fa sol
                        Do sol do ti sol
                        Re do ti fa fa la sol
                        (modulation to D minor/mode)
                        Do do re te do
                        Fa re te do
                        Do re fa
                        (modulation back to original key)
                        Do sol do te sol fa sol
                        Do sol do mi ti
                        Fa mi re la fa la sol
                        Do
                        Last edited by CeeKay Sheppard; 12 December 2005, 12:04 PM.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                          ...you can sing the Atlantis theme in solfegge:
                          I can almost sing the SG1 theme in solfege. I mess up the middle part of it.

Comment

I can almost sing the SG1 theme in solfege. I mess up the middle part of it.
                            Cool! Nothing about it – do you have any idea how long it took me to figure out the SGA theme, one interval at a time? Oy...

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                              Cool! Nothing about it – do you have any idea how long it took me to figure out the SGA theme, one interval at a time? Oy...
                              Well, unfortunately my music professor was rather scary and so that's partly why I learned solfege so well. I have a pretty good ear, but prior to last year I was rather lousy at solfege...until she scared it into me! Not the most enjoyable way to learn, but oh well!

Comment

Years of music exams for me... sight singing and all. I can improvise and play by ear pretty well, though. Was just trying out your SGA theme. Made me smile.

Comment

Working...
                                X