Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S.G.C
    I am halfway through reading the scripts for season 1
    I hope you've been enjoying the episodes so far. Feel free to use the episode polls and threads if you'd like to comment on them.

I must say I really like your signature.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Thanks Alex, by the way incase you dont know im GateHead on the Stargate Horizon forum and I actually have an idea for an episode providing its not in the end of season 1 or season 2, PM me or ask here and i will tell you!

Comment

I just recently found your site while looking around on Gateworld, and I have to say what a great job you and your staff did producing this virtual series. Speaking as a HUGE sci-fi buff and someone who craves anything Stargate related, I was more than pleasantly suprised to find another place to get my fix! I love your unique spin on the Stargate universe and I think the directions you took your stories were fresh and interesting. I read the whole first season in a matter of a week (I'm a fast reader AND I have a lot of time on my hands, hee, hee). I found the podcasts a lot of fun and the Making Of "Collision" was a neat addition. I just wanted to say to you, Alex, and to the rest of your team: I love, love, love, Stargate: Horizon! I can't wait for September 22nd. Keep up the good work and I look forward to all the new things coming with Season 2.
        Chase: "I'd like fish-sticks for lunch!"

Comment

I read the pilot and I'm very impressed, but it's more difficult for me to follow the plot with the script style, rather than novel style, but I hope I get used to it. I'm glad that you have a virtual cast so that I can better visualize the characters, and I hope that there will be more images in the future.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
            I read the pilot and I'm very impressed, but it's more difficult for me to follow the plot with the script style, rather than novel style, but I hope I get used to it. I'm glad that you have a virtual cast so that I can better visualize the characters, and I hope that there will be more images in the future.
            Hey MT!

Without a doubt, you'll be getting some more images. That's one of our primary goals. I've seen some rough drafts, I guess you could call them, and they're pretty cool (although not done). Stay tuned!

--Erik (and, in case you didn't know, I'm rocket )
            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
              Hey MT!

Without a doubt, you'll be getting some more images. That's one of our primary goals. I've seen some rough drafts, I guess you could call them, and they're pretty cool (although not done). Stay tuned!

--Erik (and, in case you didn't know, I'm rocket )
              Rocky!! I haven't talked with you in a while. You're a writer for Horizon? Cool! I'll have to get reading, then.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Rocky!! I haven't talked with you in a while. You're a writer for Horizon? Cool! I'll have to get reading, then.
                Yeah, a new writer though, my debut will be episode five of season two, "Providence." Thanks for reading!
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                  Thanks Alex, by the way incase you dont know im GateHead on the Stargate Horizon forum and I actually have an idea for an episode providing its not in the end of season 1 or season 2, PM me or ask here and i will tell you!
                  Hey, I didn't know it was you.

Right now we're doing pretty good with regards to writers and stories. But if you want to, PM me your idea. I'm interested in seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by prometheus72
                    I just recently found your site while looking around on Gateworld, and I have to say what a great job you and your staff did producing this virtual series. Speaking as a HUGE sci-fi buff and someone who craves anything Stargate related, I was more than pleasantly suprised to find another place to get my fix! I love your unique spin on the Stargate universe and I think the directions you took your stories were fresh and interesting. I read the whole first season in a matter of a week (I'm a fast reader AND I have a lot of time on my hands, hee, hee). I found the podcasts a lot of fun and the Making Of "Collision" was a neat addition. I just wanted to say to you, Alex, and to the rest of your team: I love, love, love, Stargate: Horizon! I can't wait for September 22nd. Keep up the good work and I look forward to all the new things coming with Season 2.
                    Thanks, Prometheus, that's really greatly appreceated!

I'm glad you've been enjoying Season One, and the special features. There'll definitely be more of those coming up; I should also be getting back to doing some podcasts very soon.

And we did try to make the show in a way unique, while at the same time staying very true to what Stargate has always been about. In a way make it different, and explore things that hadn't been done before, while at the same time have it seem familiar. I'm glad you liked it. We're definitely quite excited about Season Two, and the things we've got in store.

Comment

I think it does help a lot to have a virtual cast, since that way you're able to picture the characters just as if you were watching them on TV. Even though it's virtual, it took quite a long time to get the whole cast together. Each of these actors are just perfect for the roles for different reasons, and I keep thinking it's a shame we don't actually get to see them play these characters.

With regard to the scripts, I do believe they become easier to read with the time, because we've changed the format a bit. While the early scripts still use a lot of technical terms (i.e. refering to new angles a lot), the later scripts don't do that. It's taken us a while to find the right way of writing them for the general audience.

I'm glad you've liked what you've read so far.

Comment

Its true. It actually does. Somewhere around 'The Survivors' or 'Rise of the Ashen'. Both are actually good.

My Deviantart|Seeing is Beleivging|Carpe Noctem|Atlantean Wars

Comment

And for the record, I made the signature picture Gundams using!
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yes! Yes you did.

My Deviantart|Seeing is Beleivging|Carpe Noctem|Atlantean Wars

Comment

Working...
                            X