Stargate: Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    How soon is soon? You can download the main theme Osiris....erm hang on...
    http://stargatehorizon.proboards23.c...ead=1112947059
    If everything works out really well...tomorrow. If it only works out fairly well it would probably be over the weekend.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

How soon is soon? You can download the main theme Osiris....erm hang on...
      http://stargatehorizon.proboards23.c...ead=1112947059
      Wow, it sounds better louder like that. Question: how'd you guys whip that up? Is there an actual compser on the team ...someone with keyboard magic ...?

Originally posted by AlexRubit
      Hey, it seems all of a sudden this thread has come back to life. Hm, I never noticed that about the voice. Maybe it is Martin and we're just covering up his involvement. Or maybe not. You never know for sure when it comes to these things.
      * gasp* Rocket4477 is Martin?? Well .. anything could happen online..heck, Tapping could be lurking under an alias in Smor. LOL! Still, those podcasts are really cool!

Are you guys going to check out for different tunes for each seasons or...just stick with the same tune for all the seasons or...what? 'Course Stargate never shifted tunes just the pictures under the tunes...when are ya gonna get pictures or CGI, y'know?
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
        Wow, it sounds better louder like that. Question: how'd you guys whip that up? Is there an actual compser on the team ...someone with keyboard magic ...?
        The theme, as well as the Draque theme, which is on the downloads page of the website, was composed by Magnus Ringblom, who is an actual composer. He's been composing for some video games as well as some film productions, and fortunately he was kind enough to compose something for us every now and then, when his time allows it. There'll be more themes coming up eventually.

I think the themes he's done so far are really great, and I'm looking forward for more of them coming up in the future. You can check out his website on http://www.magnusringblom.com. There are some nice other themes on there, too.

* gasp* Rocket4477 is Martin?? Well .. anything could happen online..heck, Tapping could be lurking under an alias in Smor. LOL! Still, those podcasts are really cool!
        Yeah, you never know online, do you? Well, now that you bring it up...my real name is actually Brad Wright...anyone buying this?

I'm glad you like the podcasts. I figured maybe audio commentaries also work for a virtual series. I think they do.

Are you guys going to check out for different tunes for each seasons or...just stick with the same tune for all the seasons or...what? 'Course Stargate never shifted tunes just the pictures under the tunes...when are ya gonna get pictures or CGI, y'know?
        What we might do eventually is create a new theme that will come out with an opening title video. Once we have the necessary designers, I'd really like to come up with an actual video sequence, including credits of those involved, which would serve as an opening sequence. And based on that, a slightly alternate theme would then be composed for it.

I can't yet say when the video will actually happen; however, it's very likely we'll be having some CGI pictures quite soon, since a 3D artist will be joining the team.

With regard to music, as I mentioned, it's very likely that some more themes will be coming up in the not to distant future. Those could be based on a specific episode, sequence, or maybe even a character. I've been talking to Magnus about that, and we'd like to do that pretty soon.

Comment

we're going to get CG or i'm going to incite a riot. who's with me?

no, just kidding. well, duh.

anyway, whenever i think of horizon station i cant stop thinking about a goa'uld space station. im sure they look nothing alike. at least, im pretty sure. and whenever i think about the valiant, i get a picture of a small mon calamari crusier from starwars. go figure.
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
            we're going to get CG or i'm going to incite a riot. who's with me?

no, just kidding. well, duh.

anyway, whenever i think of horizon station i cant stop thinking about a goa'uld space station. im sure they look nothing alike. at least, im pretty sure. and whenever i think about the valiant, i get a picture of a small mon calamari crusier from starwars. go figure.
            Yeah, that sounds like some nice designs. Maybe that's what those things look like. Okay, maybe not.

Well, interesting that you should bring up the design of Horizon at this very moment, because...it's now not only likely, but certain that you'll be able to see that station very soon. So, this is an interesting timing.

We've actually had someone working on the station quite some time ago. And we were fortunate to find someone who actually does 3D for a living (which was a great thing in addition to an actual composer). However, since this generous person does do 3D for a living, he wasn't able to work on the Horizon station for some time. Logically the jobs for which he gets paid would have to come first. But just today, actually less than an hour ago, I've received an update as well as a 3D model of the Horizon station. It's not yet complete because it isn't textured yet, but all I can say is: wow! I think it looks great! Nothing like a Goa'uld space station, that's for sure. I think it's a wonderful Vorian design.

Now, when this model will be published depends on when the final version of it will be done. It will be a complete 3D model, which can be used for various shots from different angles, and we plan to use it for a video title sequence as well.

So, it's possible it'll be a few weeks until it's ready, but I can tell you with certainty that it will be coming up soon. In addition to that we have, as I mentioned, now a full time 3D artist on the team, and he's already started working on some designs as well. I think there are some great things coming up. In fact, it seems like we're only now - as Season Two approaches - really getting started.

I sure hope that was good enough to prevent a riot. But I guess I'll better make sure I'll stay at my undisclosed location, just in case.

Comment

well its good to hear that we'll finally get to be seeing some 3d art. and a video sequence would be cool as well. im wondering, are you going to use clips of the actors in their own shows or what. thats one of things im interested in. anyway, ill tell my people to put away their pitchforks and torches

for now...

Comment

well its good to hear that we'll finally get to be seeing some 3d art. and a video sequence would be cool as well. im wondering, are you going to use clips of the actors in their own shows or what. thats one of things im interested in. anyway, ill tell my people to put away their pitchforks and torches

for now...
                Probably not, there are copyright issues there.
                Rocky

Comment

Wow nice, we'll finally get to see Horizon
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

i know, it should be great.

Comment

Just an update for me:

so...... Stargate hrizon is an audio version of Stargate, they make episodes but tape them audio wise....right, cool, ive seen the website and it looks good......so..........it it out yet? im ocnfused
                      Last edited by Heru'urs_first_prime; 02 August 2005, 12:46 AM. Reason: fergot something

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Heru'urs_first_prime
                        Just an update for me:

so...... Stargate hrizon is an audio version of Stargate, they make episodes but tape them audio wise....right, cool, ive seen the website and it looks good......so..........it it out yet? im ocnfused
                        Stargate: Horizon is a virtual/online spin off. That means it's conceived like a second spin off series, which could in fact be on television. The episodes are not in audio but written; however, there are podcast audio commentaries, which are just like DVD commentaries actually. I think it's safe to say we're one of the few, if not the first virtual series, that is doing audio commentaries for episodes.

The episodes themselves are written in standard industry script format; however, the scripts are written with a bit more detail than you usually would write scripts for a television series. That's meant to make them more interesting for a general audience to read. So you won't just find mainly dialog, but actually a very clear description of what you see, what the characters are feeling like, etc. Basically everyone reading the episodes should have the feeling they're watching them on television.

As mentioned, it's a spin off, so the series has its own main characters, but everything takes place in the known Stargate universe. One of our rules is not to contradict anything that's been established or which might be currently happening on SG-1 and Atlantis, so Horizon takes place a couple of years after the current television seasons.

The episodes are out already. In fact, the entire first season is available on the episode page of the website. You'll find 22 episodes there. Season Two is already in production, and will premiere on September 22nd. And for Season Two we'll be having several additional features like image galleries for the episodes, and we're also aiming for having another musical theme coming out soon.

Now that you know what it is, I recommend that you check it out.

Comment

it would be kind of cool to have people actually do like a broadcast of the episodes, having people read the parts of the characters

Comment

it would be kind of cool to have people actually do like a broadcast of the episodes, having people read the parts of the characters
                            That's an interesting thought. However, we'd have to find people who would not only sound right, but who'd also be able to do voice acting. If you'd want to do that on a profesional level, I imagine it would make it hard to find people for all the characters if you include guest parts.

Of course there's this very specific way for how the characters sound. So if this were to happen at some point, and we couldn't get the actual cast to do it, it would have to at least be similiar voices.

Comment

And of course, nobody would be interested and the people who would wouldn't be good enough to do it right. dam sods law!
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

And of course, nobody would be interested and the people who would wouldn't be good enough to do it right. dam sods law!
                                It might be possible to find people who could do that, but finding new people every time a new guest character shows up could be a bit harder.

Well, the truth is right now we've pretty much got our hands full with just producing the show, which will include the designs for episodes this season. It's quite an effort, especially with the additional meetings for the various episode designs (let's just call them concept meetings). So alone finding the time for also doing audio versions of the episodes could be a bit of a problem at this point. But you never know what might be coming up at some point in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X