Season Three!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suqata
    Sorry I must have missed it but when will Season 3 be released? I'm really getting anxious for it.
    Season Three will premiere on October 26.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Just saying thanks for that information.
      I am also really looking foward to the new season, you have done a good job of selling it so far and I really like Horizon so far, and from what you have leaked it will just get better. Great Job for great writing.

Comment

so what happened to Gorlon did he perish in the Sphere when the weapon exploded and who would he be on atlantis problaby your guys's version of Koyla.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
          so what happened to Gorlon did he perish in the Sphere when the weapon exploded and who would he be on atlantis problaby your guys's version of Koyla.
          For all we know, Gorlon was killed when the biosphere was destroyed. But... who knows for sure?

With regard to who he'd be on Atlantis, I think I should underline that we don't look at either Atlantis nor SG-1, and then come up with "our version" of those shows. No matter how much all of us enjoy both of the televised shows, they don't influence us when it comes to this show. Quite the contrary, Horizon is meant to be different and stand on its own, while still being Stargate. Very much as if it were another televised spin off.

So I don't think Gorlon would be anyone on Atlantis. I do see what you mean, though, in that there might be a slight parallel between Gorlon and Koyla and their relationships to Grant and Shepperd respectively. But they're definitely very different characters.

Comment

so when does the prequel for Season 3 come out sometime in the near future i hope.

Comment

so when does the prequel for Season 3 come out sometime in the near future i hope.
              Most likely by the end of this month, or early October. There should be an announcement regarding the exact date very soon.

Comment

you know alex i have been hearing since the end of season two that there were going to be some making of's stuff for various episodes of season two what happened to that and when are you going to update your blog?

Comment

you know alex i have been hearing since the end of season two that there were going to be some making of's stuff for various episodes of season two what happened to that and when are you going to update your blog?
                  Yeah, that's very true. And I do feel I have to apologize for that. I haven't been getting the time to do all that as much as I'd like to, and I think it's a shame. I should underline that I haven't forgotten about it, but the truth is often I'll just won't have the time.

The reasons are simple, though. What I'm basically juggling here is writing and/or producing 24 episodes a season (some take up more of my time than others, depending on whether or not I'm writing them), finding time to do the prequel, working a full-time job (38.5 hours a week, often including weekends), and a personal live (yes, folks, I know there's been some debate regarding this, but it does exist ).

So often it comes down to choosing either to work on an episode, or work on a special feature, like a Making Of. And usually I will then choose to work on an episode, to ensure that we'll be ready once the season premieres. However, fortunately I'm happy to say that we're on a great schedule. In fact, we've never been this far ahead. We have episodes in development up until 3.13. Yup, 3.13, which is amazing progress. Mike's currently working on the outline for part two of the mid-season two parter.

So with things going this great, I should have some more time available to devote to special features very soon. Maybe they'll be Making Of's, or maybe podcasts. Either way, I'm eager to getting back to them. I will say that I really want to start doing podcasts on a weekly basis, starting with Season Three. I can't make any promises, but I'll say it's something I'd really love to do.

So, I'll have to ask you to be patient for just a little while longer; but eventually there'll be more special features coming up. And I'll definitely get around to updating my blog very soon.

Comment

I've been reading a few of the comments left by fans here for ideas, and I have to say I am pleased in the interest in helping us with the third season. When writers are drafting episodes it is very supportive when the community tells us what they want to see
                    "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
                    ==============================================================
                    Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
                    Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Okay folks, time for a little update for those of you eagerly anticipating new info regarding Season Three.

As many of you know by now, we've now got a total of seven writers on board. While each of them are working on their respective episodes, which are all in different stages of development, I've finished the first drafts of "The Search, Parts One and Two," and, while I'll still be doing some minor rewriting on those, I've moved on to the next episode, which is 3.05. The formerly untitled Tok'ra episode, also known as the untitled Lenori/Kayla story, now tentatively named "Preservation."

Still working out some details of the story. The challenge here is to juggle all the various storylines; it's a very character driven story, that kind of serves as a bridge between the opening arc and the following episodes. In some ways the episode is similiar in style to "In Times Of Despair," in that there's a lot of different storylines going on, that each deal with some of our characters. The A-Plot would probably have to be the Lenori/Kayla storyline.

In addition, this episode will also bring back a rather familiar, small, gray alien with large black eyes. Hmmm. Now, there's something to speculate about.

After I finish this episode, I'm already looking forward to getting to work on that "Pleasure Planet" episode. The one that features the return of a character we all love and enjoy having around. A character that's known for always bringing along one or two surprises when she pops up.

I know, I know. Haven't even halfway finished the episode I'm currently working on, and I'm already thinking about the next one. But it'll be quite a fun one, that's for sure.

Now, before I go, I'll post an update on the first seven episodes of the season; the titles can also be found in the Horizon episode guide at http://www.sg-universe.net.

3.01 Rogues
                      3.02 The Circle
                      3.03 The Search, Part One
                      3.04 The Search, Part Two
                      3.05 Preservation
                      3.06 Trepidation
                      3.07 My Enemy's Enemy

And now I'll leave you with one final piece of info to speculate about, episode 3.08 will be definitely a quite unique episode in many ways. It'll be kind of an ultimate character episode for Chase, and finally the guy will be getting some more background development (looks like we might even meet a family member), and I'll say three words that should raise some eye brows (we aim to raise eye brows): Wild Wild West!
                      Last edited by Alex Rubit; 14 September 2006, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Hm, hello! I'm popping back in again after a while of not saying much... There's really too little out to use for speculation, but I can say that so far, I'm really looking forward to "The Search, Part II" - the landmark 50th episode of Horizon, a truly special occurance! Congratulations for more than three thousand pages of high quality writing!

Comment

I realized it was the fiftieth episode but... 3000 pages? Wow. And Alex wrote at least 3/4 of them.
                          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                          Stargate Destiny, Fan
                          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Well, just pointing out that season three is now less than two weeks away, with the prequel less than two days after a short delay.
                            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                            Stargate Destiny, Fan
                            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Alright people the season three premier 'Rogues' is right around the corner, less than a week away infact. So let us get some last minute speculation going.
                              Alex has already given us alot to go on, but not alot at the same time. So let us get cracking. Who or what are going to be the Rogues? What about this new alien race, are they going to be friend or will they be foe? Will they want to conquer the universe? Or will they help the Horizon team on their mission?
                              What of the Enoly? While the war rages on what are they doing to rebuild and regroup after so many devestating losses?
                              Will we see the Aschen?
                              Will Horizon-1 find the book in time to prevent a galactic emergency?
                              One last thing, who is going to be character three, and what will her role be in the series?
                              Have at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                                Alright people the season three premier 'Rogues' is right around the corner, less than a week away infact. So let us get some last minute speculation going.
                                Alex has already given us alot to go on, but not alot at the same time. So let us get cracking. Who or what are going to be the Rogues? What about this new alien race, are they going to be friend or will they be foe? Will they want to conquer the universe? Or will they help the Horizon team on their mission?
                                Just to make sure there aren't any missunderstandings, this new alien race (not necessarily enemy, but who knows) will make their first appearance in the "Sivea/Bay'lar Episode" that Marc is writing. They won't be in the season premiere, even though someone might actually mention their name again in that episode.

What of the Enoly? While the war rages on what are they doing to rebuild and regroup after so many devestating losses?
                                That's an interesting question.

Will we see the Aschen?
                                That's an interesting question.

Will Horizon-1 find the book in time to prevent a galactic emergency?
                                Uh... that's an interesting question.

One last thing, who is going to be character three, and what will her role be in the series?
                                Have at it.
                                I'll just say it's a character who's got a history with one of our regulars, which I believe was mentioned before. She's in the first three episodes, and I think the scenes with her and this particular regular turned out great. I think there's a nice dymanic there.

Comment

Working...
                                X