Season Three!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiletron
    No, what he means is that Season 3 will have an opening arc of four, but the third and fourth of these will be part of a sub-story spread over two episodes.
    Yeah, that's pretty much right. And the first two episodes will also have a sub plot of their own, which is resolved at the end of episode two, but which leads into the main plot of the next two episodes. It's kind of like two two-parters back to back, if you will.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
      also when will this prequel to season 3 air in september like when last week of september or middle?
      The prequel will be airing in late September. Probably around four weeks prior to the premiere of Season Three.

Comment

My head just exploded reading that.

Well, I don't know much about 3.03 and 3.04 since I just returned from several weeks of camp, but I'm now back and can delve back into being front and center with Horizon. 3.07, as it seems it might be, will feature several returning characters and deals with more of the season's overall arc.
        Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
        Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
        Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
        Stargate Destiny, Fan
        Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Everyone listen up!!! It's confusing-head-exploding-but-at-the-same-time-very-insightful-news-updating-time!!!

First off, I still haven't gotten around to updating my blog. So I figured, let's just post another status report here; oddly it's quicker than when I update the blog, probably because I'll tend to talk about all sorts of other things too when I'm blogging (after all, isn't that what blogging's all about?). But here... here I'm forced to stick to the matter at hand: updates regarding Horizon. Nothing more, nothing less. Otherwise, I fear, the space-time-continum might collapse. And I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for that.

I'm now working on the script for episode four of the season, and while last week I still thought that "Legend and Myth" was an appropriate title, I'm now considering something of which I think is more appropriate for this particular episode. Brace yourselves for... "The Search, Part Two." Because that's just simply what it is, a continuation of the search.

Now, those of you who've read the Season Two finale, "Revolution," I think you might be able to figure out just what it is we could be looking for. A helpful hint: it has to do with... No, I can't really say. The finale gave it away already, anyway.

So, our current episode list looks like this:

3.01 "Rogues"
          3.02 "The Circle"
          3.03 "The Search, Part One"
          3.04 "The Search, Part Two"
          3.05 "Untitled Tok'ra"
          3.06 "Incommunicado"
          3.07 "My Enemy's Enemy"

Wait! Slow down! Hold on! Did I just unveil several new episode titles?! I think I might have. And I'll have to say, the stories behind them do look really great. I can only speak for myself, but I think everyone on staff is pretty excited about the stories we're telling this season. It should make for some interesting episodes.

Turns out character B will not be in "The Search, Part Two," but she'll most likely get what is really actually a C-Plot in the untitled Tok'ra story. Yup. Character B is, in fact, a female character.

Let's see, what else? I still want to save some news for my blog (which I will be updating, even if you have no reason to believe me; I'll do it when you expect it the least). I will say that just today I've pitched an idea involving one of our characters making a rather unique experience, which could have long-term effects; but right now I'm waiting to see what the other writers' thoughts on this are.

So that's about it for tonight. Haven't started work on the prequel yet, but we'll be doing that pretty soon to ensure it'll be ready on time. We're just two and a half months away from the season premiere. It might seem like quite a while, but time does tend to fly by.

By the way, I know that a lot of what I say has the tendency to lead to more questions and/or speculations. Feel free to make use of the Ask The Horizon Team thread, for any kinds of questions. Doesn't really matter what. Even if it's not a question about Horizon we'd let it slide by. Maybe we'd be surprised, or maybe we wouldn't be surprised, but... we'd let it slide either way. So go ahead and try it...

Comment

I was wondering if Sivea will get back together with Bay'lar in Season 3 or if she will only remain friends and possibly a romance will start with her and Grant (like I hope happens)?

Comment

Originally posted by suqata
              I was wondering if Sivea will get back together with Bay'lar in Season 3 or if she will only remain friends and possibly a romance will start with her and Grant (like I hope happens)?
              That's an interesting question. I really liked the developments between Sivea and Bay'lar in "In Times of Despair." Their relationship has certainly changed in that particular episode, and by the end of it they agreed that - for now, anyway - they'd remain friends.

So it could go in any direction really. Same goes for Grant and Sivea, by the way. Of course I can't actually reveal too much more at this point, only that there are earliest plans in the works for an episode that's currently just known as "Untitled Sivea/Bay'lar." But that just means it's a story that somehow involves Sivea and Bay'lar. It doesn't mean it alters their relationship the way it is now.

As a direct answer to your questions, all I could really say - in no particular order - would be: maybe, maybe, and maybe.

Comment

Well in that case I guess maybe will have to work. I love what you guys are doing as I just finished the final episode of season 2 yesterday. Keep up the good work and get season 3 out to us asap. With SG-1 being cancelled and off the air in the near future I'll have a void to fill and this seems like a great plug.

Comment

I just hope something happens. I lurv ship!
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Alex:

With the cancellation of SG-1, do you think that you will still have a problem with continuity?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyBravo65
                      Alex:

With the cancellation of SG-1, do you think that you will still have a problem with continuity?
                      SG-1 coming to an end won't have any affects on the difficulties of maintaining continuity, since it's merely a chapter (one series) of Stargate coming to an end, but not Stargate as a whole; far from it.

We've actually just talked about this the other day in the online writer's room, and even though our chances of having more of the SG-1 cast making an appearance on Horizon might be raised a little, there's still a difficulty that comes with that. SG-1 will continue in one way or another; perhaps as a series of feature films (which is what I personally would love to see). But either way, SG-1 as well as Stargate as a whole will still be out there. And while that's the case, we'll always have to be careful with continuity.

On the one hand we could make things easier on ourselves by not worrying too much about it, but right now we're trying to stick with continuity whenever possible. That has been and will continue to be a challenge.

Comment

Well, you guys have been doing a fantastic job so far, and now w/SG-1 being cancelled the staff will really have to step up it's game for all of us SG-1 junkies :-). I look forward to Season 3, it sounds like I'll be on the edge of my seat.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyBravo65
                          Well, you guys have been doing a fantastic job so far, and now w/SG-1 being cancelled the staff will really have to step up it's game for all of us SG-1 junkies :-). I look forward to Season 3, it sounds like I'll be on the edge of my seat.
                          Interestingly, and this was decided before it was known that SG-1 would end, Season Three will be connecting Horizon a little more to the SG-1 universe. We might see more familiar elements and/or characters popping up this season.

Comment

Just one question about season three. About this Colonel Saunders, who is he, the actor and not the character? I would also need a picture refrence for him. I reconize the name but i need more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley
                              Just one question about season three. About this Colonel Saunders, who is he, the actor and not the character? I would also need a picture refrence for him. I reconize the name but i need more info.
                              http://www.lacoctelera.com/myfiles/q...dyssey%205.jpg

That's a link to a picture of him. You can find some more info here as well!

I just finished the first draft of "The Search, Part Two." I'm really very happy with the role he's got in this four episode arc. He's just the ideal actor for this particular character.

Comment

Sorry I must have missed it but when will Season 3 be released? I'm really getting anxious for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X