Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Esquin
    My theory. Nebulan's posing as humans.
    Yeah, those Nebulan... I suppose there's a chance we'll see them again in Season Three... everything's possible.

Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

You know most people say anythings possible. When you say everything's possible you mostly just scare me.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
        You know most people say anythings possible.
        I generally do the opposite.

When you say everything's possible you mostly just scare me.
        Normally anything is possible. However, in sci-fi... everything is possible. It's a fine line. A very fine line.

Comment

Well, I've been away for two weeks so I didn't get to read the premiere draft yet, but from what I've seen I'm looking forward to it.

Interesting speculation going on, I guess I can update SGU with the title for 3.01.

EDIT: Just finished reading 3.01 and 3.02, and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed them. But things really get going around 3.03 from what I know about it.
          Last edited by SierraGulf1; 22 July 2006, 08:53 AM.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Thought I'd pop in here to bring one or two latest news from behind the scenes of Season Three. I really need to update my blog again soon too, but for now this should work as well.

As I'm working on both episodes three and four (that is the script for three and the outline for four), I'm finding myself quite challenged with number three. For one, this one's requiring lots of homework, because (and this is pretty interesting) it'll be full of mythological references. That's right, a lot of you have been wanting to see it, and now it's happening. Following Stargate tradition, Horizon will be much more mythology-based in Season Three. And to prove it, episode three has been tentatively named... "Legend and Myth." Haven't actually come up with a title for episode four, though.

Character A will be in "Legend and Myth" as well. Character B was supposed to, but won't. Therefore we might actually finally see the Vorian team leader of Horizon-2. I won't make any promises just yet, because so far his storylines in previous episodes always ended up getting cut from the final draft (which was a shame). That, of course, resulted in us never actually having seen the guy. However, this time he might make it all the way to the episode's final version. Fingers crossed.

And here's one more little piece of info... "Legend and Myth" will partly take place inside a village/town (or maybe even city; that's not too clear yet) on another planet. And the people living there, will reveal something to us which will come as a surprise, and might end up having a huge impact on future storylines.

I know, it's all vague and mysterious. But what else would you expect?

Comment

"Legend and Myth," you say? Sounds great, I look forward to it!

Comment

what about the episode title for 3.02 i mean you got 3.01 and 3.03 what about 3.02 so this vorian commander dude does he have a connection to like sivea or Callen? will you guys do another episode with Chase and Arina is it? and David is he coming back or not? if so will he be reduced to a recurring role or guest character? hey and what about Day'ek Sonak what's up with him? and also could ya please make your mid-season finale like a two-part im sorry but the 3-part episode's are nice but two-parters are better i think. somehow i think you guys are copying SG-1 a little bit with the whole mythology thing. Well let's hope Horizon can live up to SG-1's and Atlantis's Season premire's.

Comment

Lots of questions hidden in that little paragraph. I'll try and answer all of them.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
                  what about the episode title for 3.02 i mean you got 3.01 and 3.03 what about 3.02
                  I haven't mentioned it yet because we were thinking about possibly changing it to something else. We're not quite sure yet actually. But I have a feeling that pretty soon it shall be revealed.

so this vorian commander dude does he have a connection to like sivea or Callen?
                  No personal connection to either of them.

will you guys do another episode with Chase and Arina is it?
                  Yup.

and David is he coming back or not? if so will he be reduced to a recurring role or guest character?
                  I think if he'll be back, he'll definitely be a regular.

hey and what about Day'ek Sonak what's up with him?
                  We've been talking about some interesting ideas for him in Season Three. Joe came up with something that I thought was amazing.

and also could ya please make your mid-season finale like a two-part im sorry but the 3-part episode's are nice but two-parters are better i think.
                  The mid-season three parter of Season Two was supposed to be a two parter originally. But it wouldn't have worked out too well that way.

But if you like two-parters, you'll love this: originally the first three episodes of Season Three were supposed to be a three-parter. However, as the story evolved the first two became much more of a two parter, and the third one does pick up on something that was established in 3.01 and 3.02, but it's definitely more of an episode of its own. The primary story of 3.01 and 3.02 ends in 3.02.

somehow i think you guys are copying SG-1 a little bit with the whole mythology thing.
                  I don't see how. Stargate has always been based on mythologies, and it's kind of taken real life mythologies into a sci-fi setting. That's one of the thingns that, in my oppinion, makes Stargate unique actually.

At first it was Egyptian mythologies (along with some other references), then there's an entire spin-off that's based (and named after) a pretty famous mytholgy. And in Season Nine SG-1 started to explore Arthurian mythologies.

Well let's hope Horizon can live up to SG-1's and Atlantis's Season premire's.
                  I think it definitely does. But then again, I'm terribly biased.

Comment

will you guys do a alternate universe episode?

Comment

This would be great to read!.

Maybe something with a Plot like:
                      The humans never meet the Vorian's and contorl the station, and the Valiant blow up due to a trator aboard. So they have no way to return home (Earth) as the Valiant is the only ship built.

Proud Supporter of:
                      - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                      - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

It's something we've discussed several times actually, even during Season Two. For now there aren't any concrete plans, but an alternate universe or alternate reality episode of some kind is definitely something we'd like to do at some point. So we'll have to see.

Comment

thats cool

Comment

Hey folks,

Just thought I'd pop into this thread once more to keep you all up to date. Things have been changing around massively lately, but they're starting to shape up pretty well.

In my last "status report" I've mentioned that episode three has been titled "Legend and Myth". Quick, forget everything I've said. Well, not everything, but a lot of it.

Instead of episode three, "Legend and Myth" will now most likely (very, very likely) be episode four of Season Three. Episode three will therefore be the first part of "Legend and Myth", and the title I'm currently considering is "The Search." I haven't even mentioned the title to the writing staff yet (that's how recent this development is), but I think it fits pretty well.

So what do you have now, you ask? The season premiere is called "Rogues," because it involves people who have become rogue to the people they used to be with. Episode two has been named, but I'm hesitant to reveal the title just yet. Episode three is the first part of episode four, but the third episode in the four episode opening arc of the season; confusing, isn't it? What do you think how I feel? Anyway, like I said, episode three has been tentatively named "The Search," because, well, we'll be looking for something. Then we may or may not find it in "Legend and Myth."

Working out this arc has been and still is quite a challenge. But now I've finally found my way into episode three, which I'm currently writing. Just taking a break from it actually as I'm typing this (already in the middle of act four). Then, the big challenge will be mapping out episode four, and structuring all the various plot points and pieces that'll have to go in there.

By the way, I also said that character B won't be in episode three? Forget about that too, because character B will now, in fact, be in episode three; and, hopefully, in episode four, too.

Oh, and the Vorian team leader of Horizon-2... we ended up taking him out of the story of episode three again. And it's very unlikely he'll make it into episode four. But, no worries; he will definitely be in some episodes at one point or another this season. Just give him some time.

So, that's the latest. I'll save letting you in on what kind of stories our other writers are working on once I get around to updating my blog. Which, I promise, will be very soon.

Comment

okay so the two part season opener is a four episode opening arc? im confused. also when will this prequel to season 3 air in september like when last week of september or middle?

Comment

okay so the two part season opener is a four episode opening arc? im confused...
                                No, what he means is that Season 3 will have an opening arc of four, but the third and fourth of these will be part of a sub-story spread over two episodes.
                                "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
                                ==============================================================
                                Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
                                Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Working...
                                X