Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, sometimes you can't help that an actor will be typecasted. I don't think Kiefer Sutherland will ever be able to escape it in his lifetime. It's not a good thing, but it's going to continue to be done with actors on large name TV shows for long periods of time.

Case in point, the recently released "The Sentinel" movie. Kiefer's job is quite like his one on 24. I guess he just plays a good secret agent, but he can also play a great bad guy.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
      Julian Sands as Council Vahret
      Julian Sands appeared on Stargate SG-1, but in quite a bit of makeup and in a seperate galaxy, so it's quite possible that he simply looks like the Doci. His accent and devious acting style makes him ideal as a shady character, as can be seen in his portrayal of the Doci; and as Vladmir Bierko on 24.
      Don't forget his role as Valmot in the Jackie Chan cartoon series. I allways thought he played a good antagonist on that show.

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
      William Devane as Henry Hayes
      Not much of a choice here, since he was a preestablished character from Stargate SG-1. Most famous for his portrayal of honest politicians and/or antagonistic bad guys. In our case, he's the president, although his second term has ended.
      I was curious what is Henry Hayes' role now in the Horizon timeline? Which episodes is he in?

Also i like that yer thinking of usin Arron Douglas from BSG. I'd suggest usin more BSG actors just ta even it out with all the 24 actors ya got.

Comment

He's in the midseason three parter of season two, "The Devil to Pay," "Path of Revelation, Part One," and "Path of Revelation, Part Two." Of course, after doing the math one can see that at that point Hayes was very close to his second term being over.

Of course, if he isn't reelected if/when SG1 gets to 2008, our continuity will be ruined. However, he's a good president, and we're confident he'll win re-election.

As for Julian Sands, I never watched Jackie Chan cartoon series. I agree that he's a very good actor, and his character has a few upcoming appearances on Horizon.

Yeah, and evening things out wouldn't be bad. We could also use a Firefly actor or two, if we find a character who we know an actor would play well. Since we don't hold auditions, we really have to stick with actors from shows we're familiar with, and for us that's Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis (although we can't really use those two. Ben Browder is an exception because Alex chose him before he signed on for S9, and Julian Sands is because his appearance was so short and in another galaxy with makeup, and finally Dion Johnstone usually has makeup and the one time he didn't the character didn't really look like that), 24, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, and perhaps a few other things one of us might have seen in the past.

I think Aaron Douglas is a great idea, and I see no problem with going with that. I just need to get off my lazy ass and add him to the list.
        Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Just updated the list with two new additions:

Steven Culp as Day'ek Sonak. We've had him for a while, I just forgot to put him up the first time around.

Aaron Douglas as Vorian Technician. Liked the choice, Foley, so it shall be.
          Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Yep
            Thank you by the way. Still trying to find someone for Loral. I also really like the choice of Steven Culp, he is a really good actor. He is alos someone who was in Startrek, he played Major Hayes. So I really liked him in that and I think he would make a descent Sonak.

Comment

Any ideas for an actor for Beaumont?

Proud Supporter of:
              - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
              - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Loral and Beaumont still elude me. For Beaumont we'd need a fellow with a good french accent, and for Loral a female capable of playing devious and cunning well. Due to the obvious Enoly makeup that would be required, appearance wouldn't matter too much.

EDIT: Actually, as soon as I went to the private staff forms after typing this I saw that Alex had found a very good actress for Loral. The look in her eyes in her promo photo pretty much shows what she's capable of. She's Molly Brink of Star Trek: Enterprise and CSI.
                Last edited by SierraGulf1; 31 May 2006, 02:36 PM.
                Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Hey!

I've only just found out about Horizon and will start reading it from the beginning asap. I've been all over the website, and just wondered about the cast. Do you just pick whoever you think fits the character? Did you have to have their permission to use them for this?
                  Just curious!

Thanks!
                  Alex

Comment

Originally posted by xela odel
                    Hey!

I've only just found out about Horizon and will start reading it from the beginning asap. I've been all over the website, and just wondered about the cast. Do you just pick whoever you think fits the character? Did you have to have their permission to use them for this?
                    Just curious!

Thanks!
                    Alex
                    We just write the characters, and then talk about what type of actor (or what actors specifically) would fit them best. Then, we decide on one, and... voila. That's all there's to it.

We don't have their permission, because all we really do is put up pictures of them. Of course I hope they wouldn't mind us doing that.
                    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I will say something, though: the crew for 24 do know the best talent to get for their show
                      "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
                      ==============================================================
                      Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
                      Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

...Which is why we, er, "borrow" them. As Alex has said, they're extremely talented regardless of where they come from.
                        Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

To celerbrate the release of season three (I am considering the Prequel a realease of season three) I am proposing that we add two new characters to the list. We need to find a actor, possibly for Devan's son. That is if he is going to be in any more eps after this.
                          The other person, since she is going to probably become an important character early in season three is Julia Connors. Thoughts?
                          I already have someone for Devan's son.

Comment

Well, season three is going to involve quite a bit about the war, and, well Ma'kin is fighting it, so I think it's safe to say we'll see him again. Julia might also play a significant role. So, who did you have in mind for Ma'kin?
                            Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

I don't know of how much of 'The Unit' you watch, but Demore Barnes I think would make a descent fit for the role. I looked him up on the IMDB, and he is still a very young actor.

Comment

Unfortuneately, I don't watch The Unit, but he does look like he might be fitting in the role. I think he might make a suitable actor, so we'll see what Alex says. I might look up some clips of him to be sure.
                                Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X