Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
    **pops in, peeks around, then starts jumping up & down** I HAVE A/C!!!
    Yay!!!!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      Has anyone gone and checked out my new thread?
      I popped in and checked and read. But I've yet to post...

WW may have A/C... I look out of the Gatehouse window and it's raining...
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
        I popped in and checked and read. But I've yet to post...

WW may have A/C... I look out of the Gatehouse window and it's raining...
        We could do with a bit of rain here.
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

It's also windy. Which isn't fun as I get wet when I open the window to book trailers in...

But I'm the UK. So I'm ok... Living with our 'wacky' weather...
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
            It's also windy. Which isn't fun as I get wet when I open the window to book trailers in...

But I'm the UK. So I'm ok... Living with our 'wacky' weather...
            Yes. And we're receiving the tail end of your 'wacky' weather. Would you kindly inform it to keep to it's own side of the sea?
            sigpic
            sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
              Yes. And we're receiving the tail end of your 'wacky' weather. Would you kindly inform it to keep to it's own side of the sea?
              I'm just hoping that ours will change for the cooler soon. It's already cooled down some--been running between the 80s and mid-90s. Comfortable-ish. With a/c. Hubby says it's been "cool but not cold" in the mornings in MD. It's funny, they keep the warehouse around 68F there and hubby walks around with his jacket on. His guys laugh at him. Wonder if he'll get a space heater for his office.
              sigpic
              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I'm just hoping that ours will change for the cooler soon. It's already cooled down some--been running between the 80s and mid-90s. Comfortable-ish. With a/c. Hubby says it's been "cool but not cold" in the mornings in MD. It's funny, they keep the warehouse around 68F there and hubby walks around with his jacket on. His guys laugh at him. Wonder if he'll get a space heater for his office.
                I would also laugh. Point and laugh actually.

It's 17C today and I'm thinking it's wonderfully warm for October. *skips about sans coat*
                sigpic
                sig by Jper

Comment

Yup, 17°Celsius for October is warm enough to go around town without a jacket on. Though later I will be wearing a jacket when I'm cycling to school.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I would also laugh. Point and laugh actually.

It's 17C today and I'm thinking it's wonderfully warm for October. *skips about sans coat*
                    They're probably not pointing--after all, he IS the boss, but yeah, I can't blame them. We're both originally from New England, but we've become acclimated to Florida unfortunately.
                    sigpic

Comment

Depending on whether it was recently warmer or cooler, 68° F is right about at the dividing line between whether I'll put on a sweater/jacket/long-sleeved shirt or not.

Right now it's 76° and damp here on the North Coast. Quite nice for early October!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                      sigpic
                      now also appearing on DeviantArt
                      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

They're probably not pointing--after all, he IS the boss, but yeah, I can't blame them.
                        They might just be really clever about it, pretending that the saw an eagle or something.

We're both originally from New England, but we've become acclimated to Florida unfortunately.
                        It's frightening how quickly you can acclimate. I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa, and if they had a day as dreary and windy as today with a high of only 17C, no one would want to go out and everyone would be utter miseries wearing every jersey and coat they could find.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Jper

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                          Spoilered for info on my personal life people may or may not want.
                          Spoiler:
                          The new boy, Dex, came home this weekend.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w394/amaradangeli/RL%20Photos/9baafd51-b070-46d2-a3c5-4a22442ebf23_zps67c484bd.jpg

Dex is a full time job. These are his meds...

But I love him already! He's a sweet, sweet boy and is going to be a wonderful addition to the family.
                          I LOVE seeing pet photos! He's handsome.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Are you defending the cat? Cause him biting me hurt as well...
                          *snort*

Thanks, all!
                          *GW tried to censor b*tch even when it wasn't a "curse word". ::sigh::
                          >.<

hahahaha...

I've also been bit by horses, birds, rabbits, cats and goats (though they don't hurt so much as the others). One of the sheer joys of growing up on a working farm.
                          I loved hearing about how everybody grew up.

Spanish Wells @1964.jpg

images.jpg

imagesCAIQOBKA.jpg

I remember bright white sunlight beating down on the hot sand beneath my feet, the ever present sound and smell of the ocean, as well as it's feel: a thick rime of salt always on my skin from the ocean spray blowing over the thin strip of earth that we called home.

I remember our school yard on the beach, and the recess games of keep away with the winter swells; sometimes one of us would be a bit too slow running from palm tree to palm tree on the eroded sand spit and would have to be sent home to answer to stern parents, quaking in our dripping clothes.

Space was limited, families extensive: we played inside and out, we roamed the island in safety, and feared only doing wrong, because word would get back to our parents before we did. I never knew a time when I couldn't swim, but there was far more water than land around me. The trees were short, because in hurricane zones, if you stand tall, you fall. The ground cover was sparse and prickly -only the hardiest grasses grow where the soil is just sand and rock scoured constantly by tropical winds.

We always had cats, and a few people had small dogs -I made friends with all of them. My brother had chickens, and over on the larger island, some men of the community had goats.

The island would certainly qualify as "rural" small town, even in this odd environment. No cattle or horses (there's not enough forage to support it), but we were frequently given hatchling seagulls to raise; in a few weeks they would be fully mature and fly off. Combing the beaches for shells, digging on the sandbars for sand dollars, cautiously investigating marine life that lived close to the shore, all of these things are the foundations of my best memories.

I would love to go this year, as it's to be the last, but I don't know if I'll be able to. We'll be moving only a couple months before that, and in a new area, and fate alone knows what will happen family health-wise at that point. I'll wait until the last minute and maybe see if I can get a ticket. Maybe. Honestly, there's a lot of stuff that comes to the D.C. area, which will be much closer for me at that point. Why? You going?
                          Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                          Ahem. Here's your new, LOCAL con.
                          (Assuming y'all are up there by then. When does your son finish school? In any case, it's an annual con, so I'm thinking we could make it a standing plan.)
                          *plots* hmmm...I think that's @ 6 hrs for me?? Interesting...

**pops in, peeks around, then starts jumping up & down** I HAVE A/C!!!
                          YAY!!

They're probably not pointing--after all, he IS the boss, but yeah, I can't blame them. We're both originally from New England, but we've become acclimated to Florida unfortunately.
                          It's frightening how quickly you can acclimate. I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa, and if they had a day as dreary and windy as today with a high of only 17C, no one would want to go out and everyone would be utter miseries wearing every jersey and coat they could find.
                          I used to think 65F was cold...now I think it's JUST RIGHT. I'm hot when I go home to the Bahamas.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

In comparison ... and I shall take a picture tomorrow if I can ... I really grew up in a boring area. I'd kill for any of those landscapes.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hiya Sarah!

Well, we had our yard sale today--made some okay money, got rid of a lot of cra--stuff. The teen made two runs to Goodwill, one run to the storage unit I rented, and a run to try to find an open pawn shop (no luck there ). His wonderful GF helped the whole day, pitching in with the clean out of the garage and then helping me do a really good clean on the living room while waiting for the teen to come home. If he doesn't marry her, I might.

Our realtor came by today and told us stuff that I already knew--we need to clean up all the clutter. So, the boys are on clutter patrol for the next week and a half--they have until the 15th to get it gone or I will, one way or the other. I'm also getting together a "to fix" list for the handyman, so we can get stuff done. MY room looks pretty good; it's theirs that make people shudder and cross themselves.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well done, WW!! Keep up the good work.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X