No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it is fun to add OCs to see how they would interact with canon characters.
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

A friend of mine writes SG-1 tales. And she has a little bit of self indulgence. She has one of her OC's dating Jack O'Neill. But we all know Jack has eyes for Sam.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
        A friend of mine writes SG-1 tales. And she has a little bit of self indulgence. She has one of her OC's dating Jack O'Neill. But we all know Jack has eyes for Sam.
        Nothing wrong with a little fantasy fulfillment from time to time.
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
          Nothing wrong with a little fantasy fulfillment from time to time.
          I can understand that!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I'm of the opinion that a little fantasy doesn't hurt.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I'm the last person to say anything against writing original characters, LOL. My point was just that if you're (generic "you") writing them simply from a desire to avoid having to worry about consistency in character portrayal, your reasoning is flawed.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
              sigpic
              now also appearing on DeviantArt
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                I'm the last person to say anything against writing original characters, LOL. My point was just that if you're (generic "you") writing them simply from a desire to avoid having to worry about consistency in character portrayal, your reasoning is flawed.
                Because you're own character can suffer the same affliction.

Right?
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*sigh* As if I didn't have enough on the plate. The teen got into a small accident yesterday, backed into some guy. The owner of the car is pissed. A police report has been filed and a fine levied (which we have to pay since he has no job, no money, nothing). The fine supposedly kills his chances of having any security clearance job, but I have to talk to his recruiter today to find out for sure. Also have to call our insurance to see how badly this is going to hurt us.

I was fine, until I called hubby, who was so pissed that when I wasn't screaming back at him about what a loser our son was, he hung up on me. Plus, he wants me to take away the kid's driving priveleges, which is fine and dandy when you're only taking care of yourself in another state, but in reality is not so good when you're at ground zero, running a business, taking care of two kids (and getting the younger one where he needs to be), grocery shopping, working, and trying to get an (extremely messy) house ready for sale within the next week or two.

When I got home (I was at karate with Little Bear), Big Bear asked why I was crying and I told him I'd gotten into a fight with his dad about the accident, so then he went on to berate himself about being a loser--no job, smoking, "meh" grades, messing up his dad's car and now this; always seeming to mess up. Had to convince the boy that he was just going through a rough time and that he was NOT a loser. It was NOT a good day.

Today at some point, probably this evening, I may call his dad again and remind him that it could be worse--the boy smokes, yes, but he doesn't do drugs or drink. I've watched a friend go through that Hell with her daughter and if hubby thinks BB is costing us money with his bad luck/poor decisions/laziness, he ought to see how much having a drug addict costs.

I didn't want to push BB to get a job until we had the house on the market, as it will shove more work firmly back into my lap, but I have no choice--hubby doesn't realize how much work is involved and is madder than a wet hen over the money and the lack of income.

We both had jobs, steady jobs, at the age of 15, but that was a different economy and a more forgiving time. There are kids with jobs out there, yes, but the jobs that used to hire high-schoolers because no one else wanted those jobs, are now hiring "downsized" executives and secretaries and furloughed government employees. It ain't easy out there--I got my job because I know the woman, she needed help, and I have the experience. After Christmas, I'm unemployed again.

Things could be worse--as I said, the boy's not addicted to anything except cigs, and he's too broke for his habit most of the time. We found a way, thanks to hubby's smarts, to not be scraping for every dime over this time until I can get to Maryland. Despite everything, my blood pressure is only spiking when events like yesterday happen. The house is coming along, albeit with setbacks now and again because, well, we live here & I run a business out of here, but it's coming along regardless.

Anyway, I so can't wait to have this stupid house sold. The extra work and pressure it's putting on me is not fair and not fun. Rant over. Again.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

A fenderbender shouldn't be an issue for a security clearance of any kind... that's just bad luck. It isn't over here anyway. *shrug*

Remember to breath, okay!

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                      *sigh* As if I didn't have enough on the plate...
                      Spoiler:
                      The teen got into a small accident yesterday, backed into some guy. The owner of the car is pissed. A police report has been filed and a fine levied (which we have to pay since he has no job, no money, nothing). The fine supposedly kills his chances of having any security clearance job, but I have to talk to his recruiter today to find out for sure. Also have to call our insurance to see how badly this is going to hurt us.

I was fine, until I called hubby, who was so pissed that when I wasn't screaming back at him about what a loser our son was, he hung up on me. Plus, he wants me to take away the kid's driving priveleges, which is fine and dandy when you're only taking care of yourself in another state, but in reality is not so good when you're at ground zero, running a business, taking care of two kids (and getting the younger one where he needs to be), grocery shopping, working, and trying to get an (extremely messy) house ready for sale within the next week or two.

When I got home (I was at karate with Little Bear), Big Bear asked why I was crying and I told him I'd gotten into a fight with his dad about the accident, so then he went on to berate himself about being a loser--no job, smoking, "meh" grades, messing up his dad's car and now this; always seeming to mess up. Had to convince the boy that he was just going through a rough time and that he was NOT a loser. It was NOT a good day.

Today at some point, probably this evening, I may call his dad again and remind him that it could be worse--the boy smokes, yes, but he doesn't do drugs or drink. I've watched a friend go through that Hell with her daughter and if hubby thinks BB is costing us money with his bad luck/poor decisions/laziness, he ought to see how much having a drug addict costs.

I didn't want to push BB to get a job until we had the house on the market, as it will shove more work firmly back into my lap, but I have no choice--hubby doesn't realize how much work is involved and is madder than a wet hen over the money and the lack of income.

We both had jobs, steady jobs, at the age of 15, but that was a different economy and a more forgiving time. There are kids with jobs out there, yes, but the jobs that used to hire high-schoolers because no one else wanted those jobs, are now hiring "downsized" executives and secretaries and furloughed government employees. It ain't easy out there--I got my job because I know the woman, she needed help, and I have the experience. After Christmas, I'm unemployed again.

Things could be worse--as I said, the boy's not addicted to anything except cigs, and he's too broke for his habit most of the time. We found a way, thanks to hubby's smarts, to not be scraping for every dime over this time until I can get to Maryland. Despite everything, my blood pressure is only spiking when events like yesterday happen. The house is coming along, albeit with setbacks now and again because, well, we live here & I run a business out of here, but it's coming along regardless.

Anyway, I so can't wait to have this stupid house sold. The extra work and pressure it's putting on me is not fair and not fun. Rant over. Again.
                      Oh my, WW. Sounds like you had a day and a half! I'm glad to hear BB's okay - accidents suck and can bring out the worst in us all as we process through them. Please do talk to the recruiter - I'm having a hard time seeing how a moving violation could compromise hypothetical-in-the-future security clearance. But I can touch base with some of my highly-cleared folks iffen you're curious in the mean time.

Everything else, well, look at it this way - there's some bad energy flowing around right now but it doesn't have to be that way. And it certainly can and will pass. You've got a lot on your plate right now and personally, I think you're handling it pretty damn well considering!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        A fenderbender shouldn't be an issue for a security clearance of any kind... that's just bad luck. It isn't over here anyway. *shrug*

Remember to breath, okay!
                        Thanks, hun! I'm trying. I think I'm going to start doing a mid-day meditation. Gonna get some breakfast, then take off to see the recruiter, who's by the grocery store I have to go to anyway.

Oh my, WW. Sounds like you had a day and a half! I'm glad to hear BB's okay - accidents suck and can bring out the worst in us all as we process through them. Please do talk to the recruiter - I'm having a hard time seeing how a moving violation could compromise hypothetical-in-the-future security clearance. But I can touch base with some of my highly-cleared folks iffen you're curious in the mean time.

Everything else, well, look at it this way - there's some bad energy flowing around right now but it doesn't have to be that way. And it certainly can and will pass. You've got a lot on your plate right now and personally, I think you're handling it pretty damn well considering!
                        Thanks, sweetie. I really appreciate everyone letting me come on here to blow off steam. It can't be pleasant seeing my posts of late, but I need somewhere to get rid of all that negative energy. I think, once the house is sold, it's time to get back to yoga. I won't have to worry about the house stuff then or the job, probably by that point, just the business and the kids. Right now, it's all just so overwhelming and I'm fighting it all alone, for the most part (physically, anyway--thank you all for your love and support).
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Btw, I went ahead and asked some military friends regarding the security clearance issue (I was curious, too) and here's what they had to say:

Originally posted by Mike of US Army
                          It won't effect his security clearance. As long as he's honest with them about his past, he'll still get a clearance.

Originally posted by Eric (and wife) of US Navy
                          It'll affect the investigation in that there will be something extra to investigate, but if he's going for secret or lower, it probably won't matter. My wife got a secret clearance, and she actually had to get a waiver to join the Navy for having too many moving violations. She was in an accident that was her fault in 2010, and they gave her a Top Secret last year.

Comment

I would reckon a fenderbender is much lower on a rep-sheet scale than say an armed robbery? Or murder... I mean right...

Comment

moving violation
                              I'm sorry, I keep giggling at this phrase.

Moving violation

It sounds like something you'd give to someone who was a really, really, bad dancer.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
                                I'm sorry, I keep giggling at this phrase.

Moving violation

It sounds like something you'd give to someone who was a really, really, bad dancer.

I thought everyone called 'em moving violations... (the citations, not the dancers - though now I've got a new dig in the arsenal next time I go dancing with the girls! )

Comment

Working...
                                X