Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
    But no-one expects the Spanish Inquisition...!
    :: Cue Dramatic music ::
    Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
    Them again?
    They keep showing up. They drink all the coffee, don't start a new pot, eat all the goodies and leave a mess. Happens all the time.

*sheesh*
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      I hear you. Completely. Too many boring people in this world!
      I shall answer one quote with another.

Originally posted by Charles Bukowski
      Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
      Sanity is overrated, but if you find it useful, I recommend fueling it with chocolate.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
        Only here do I find a wealth of individuals able to have a conversation composed entirely of Monty Python.
        Well it does mean I can finally post this!

On an ironic note, the P90 is made in Belgium. Not that anyone round here watched the later seasons ...

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
        Sometimes, I feel I must have the wrong job if no one can understand my affection for fringe genres.
        *happy sigh* welcome to the club selene. Welcome to the club. You know you could TRY and 'turn' them. *arches fingers*
        [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
          On an ironic note, the P90 is made in Belgium. Not that anyone round here watched the later seasons ...
          What's the irony of that?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Did you know that there is a knack to flying?
            The knack to flying is knowing how to aim at the ground and miss...

I knew that the P-90 is made in Belgium. :: Hides his copy of 'Janes' Firearms ::
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

In class... which takes me back to Uni and thus to writing during class...

Luckily I already know about texturing in Autodesk Maya which doesn't require my full attention on the lesson at hand.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hi,
                I've already mentioned this on another thread, but I thought that I would share the news with you. I was given a new novel just after midnight today. A work colleague gave me a promotional copy of 'The Hunger Games'.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Attention all wordplay-minded movie fans - this thread needs your support!

Just remember they need to overlap...
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post

We got better!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post

I looked; I'm not bright enough.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                        I looked; I'm not bright enough.
                        Really, maybe you need to turn up the dimmer ?

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                          Really, maybe you need to turn up the dimmer ?
                          Those are dimmer switches?
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                            Those are dimmer switches?
                            Are they ? Looks like you got worse then a newt !! O.o

Comment

I came across this yesterday and was wondering what you all think about this (Twilight ) fanfic writer who basically changed the main characters' names (and probably occupations) of her fic/the movie and then published it as an original e-story. Apparently it's now a bestseller and she got snapped up by a publisher with a $5 million dollar contract and movie rights have also been sold...

I don't know the books (or the original fanfic) but from what I've seen of some of the reviews you either love it or hate it. The writing is apparently very mediocre at best and it seems the author uses a lot of repetition with some folks claiming she's got a rather limited vocabulary. Others think it's brilliant and even claim it's helped their own marriage.

The whole thing kinda made me wonder if something like this is a good or a bad thing for fanfiction's reputation. On one hand it's of course awesome for this woman to get snapped up by a publisher but on the other hand a lot of readers say she basically stole the characterization etc from the books/movie and that Meyer should sue her over copyright issues. Also, the poor writing probably won't help...
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                I came across this yesterday and was wondering what you all think about this (Twilight ) ...
                                Well my first thought was *grasps fem's by the shoulder* DON'T READ THE DAILY MAIL!!!

- and then I didn't read the article, so I really havn't got much to discuss on the matter ... *cough*
                                [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X