X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
    How... upperclass in Birmingham?
    How?
    I was at a school in Wolverhampton for 5 years so I have the ear for the Birmingham accent.
    It also helps that I have family in Birmingham.

I have also been told I have a good 'Telephone' voice.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
      I have also been told I have a good 'Telephone' voice.
      Is that the same thing as a good "radio" voice?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Is that the same thing as a good "radio" voice?
        Yes.
        I was known as the 'Radio 4 man' by a former female work colleague.
        As my voice is clear and understandable over the tannoy.

Comment

Well at least you weren't Radio 1 Man, talking unintelligible gibberish while overly loud and annoying "music" plays in the background.

...I just realised I've crossed the threshold into 'old', haven't I?
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
            Well at least you weren't Radio 1 Man, talking unintelligible gibberish while overly loud and annoying "music" plays in the background.

I have no idea what Radio 1 Man is... so no threshold to cross on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I have no idea what Radio 1 Man is... so no threshold to cross on my part.
              BBC Radio 4 is quite high brow, generally aimed at a more mature and intellectual audience and featuring very well spoken presenters.

BBC Radio 1...isn't. It's aimed at teens and young people and basically just plays music for their demographic, so I just crossed the "these damn kids wouldn't know what proper music is!" threshold.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Morning All
                sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Don't worry, I sometimes only know two artists in the Top 40

(Ah Iron Maiden. Judas Priest. Black Sabbath. How 'quaint' XD)

EDIT: About a hundred pages into the classic that is 'Dune'. Little bit interesting so far.
                  Last edited by Choo1701; 06 November 2011, 05:28 AM.
                  [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

My thoughts on getting older...

Just sit back and enjoy life...
                    And you know your getting old when... You hear a song from your youth in the charts... And you remember hearing it when it was first released...

Comment

BBC Radio 4 is quite high brow, generally aimed at a more mature and intellectual audience and featuring very well spoken presenters.

BBC Radio 1...isn't. It's aimed at teens and young people and basically just plays music for their demographic, so I just crossed the "these damn kids wouldn't know what proper music is!" threshold.
                      Ah, I see.

Comment

And you know your getting old when... You hear a song from your youth in the charts... And you remember hearing it when it was first released...
                        That happened to me the other day with some freshmen... oh god is it terrifying to realize xD
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I fall into the "target demographic" for Radio 1... but gimme the Shipping Forecast any day over that crap!
                          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

I wrote something... Legend of the Seeker drabble, but I wrote something. Looks like my Angels of the Sea CD was a good idea. Very relaxing.

*is happy*

Comment

Ah yes... Doubleback comes to mind,.... ZZ Top were good fellows on most of their songs

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                That happened to me the other day with some freshmen... oh god is it terrifying to realize xD
                                Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                                Ah yes... Doubleback comes to mind,.... ZZ Top were good fellows on most of their songs
                                *laughs quietly*

We all get older -- if we're lucky.

The slightly unnerving part can be when you hear a song you loved in high school or college, and then realize a moment later that someone has the radio tuned to the oldies station. I began having that experience perhaps five years ago, and it gave me a few bad turns at first. I think I'm used to it now, though.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                                sigpic
                                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Working...
                                X