Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
    Cuts on hands, cuts on feet? What are you people doing?

We went to a Maya exhibit today. I was looking at the pyramids and said, "Goa'uld built those." A woman standing next to me. "Indeed, I saw that episode this week with Daniel Jackson."
    *wipes tears from eyes* Oh! This made my day!
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Scraping sticky crap off giant windows with a razor blade. None of the cuts were actually made with the blade; the stuff was new enough to still stick, but old enough to be sharp and brittle on the edges.

Today I continue my lucky streak by having smashed my finger with a ladder
      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

watch ancient aliens on history channel and you may start to believe the Goa'uld may exist
        sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
          watch ancient aliens on history channel and you may start to believe the Goa'uld may exist

I said the very same thing while watching that on Netflix lol.

Comment

Suffice to say my Die Hard reenactment went a) spectacularly wrong or b) spectacularly right, depending on your point of view.

The truth is that I had a mock interview last week that I had to treat like an actual interview (because we were being marked). My smartest shoes have barely been worn (one funeral several years ago, I think), so they ended up biting into my feet quite badly, but I didn't notice until after the interview.

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
            My entire right hand is covered in so many tiny cuts it hurts to take a shower. It also keeps trying to ball up into a fist.
            Ouch!

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
            Scraping sticky crap off giant windows with a razor blade. None of the cuts were actually made with the blade; the stuff was new enough to still stick, but old enough to be sharp and brittle on the edges.

Today I continue my lucky streak by having smashed my finger with a ladder
            Damn, and I thought I was having a bad week. Hope they all heal soon, WR.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
              Suffice to say my Die Hard reenactment went a) spectacularly wrong or b) spectacularly right, depending on your point of view.
              And here I was personally thinking cuts on feet, legs, hands, chest, small of the back, nap of the neck and face and arms was bad O.o

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Destructive much!!

Damn it, the I on my keyboard is glitchng... argh!!!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Some of you lead very dangerous lives.
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I've had a couple weeks from hell already. Let's see...

Currently I'm sitting here with three stitches in my right leg, and a scalded left thumb. The thumb scald is from hot tea in a travel mug that refused to ever really behave and which has just been consigned to the trash as a result. The stitches in my leg are from having a small odd bump under the skin excised this afternoon. ("Probably nothing", the doc said, but gave me the option to leave it or have it removed. I opted for removal, commenting that a scar at least would not become larger over time. And maybe now the mother ship won't be able to track me.)

So that's today. Was off work today, too, despite having just started a brand-new temp gig that paid more money than my old one. Started that one a week ago last Friday, and the people I worked for even called my temp agency gushing with praise for me. Changed my hours to flex to accommodate some automotive work I needed done ($600 I didn't really have available to spend, but when your brakes AND your radiator fritz on you, there isn't much choice), then called up the agency again yesterday and canceled my contract when I actually used said flex time to get these things fixed. Pissed me right the hell off. So I'm going back to my old, lower-paying temp gig until something better turns up. Don't even talk to me about my budget right now...

Yeah, 2012 has just begun, and already I'm thinking of firing it...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
                      Same here...LOL.

Hubs and I will be watching a show like that and we will look at each other and say "Goa'uld!"

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                      Yeah, 2012 has just begun, and already I'm thinking of firing it...
                      Perhaps it's a temp that can be replaced???
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Better it than me!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I hear B'ob is looking for work...
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            Oddly I'm trying to as well. I'm just not very good with applications forms. *looks at the curious symbiote in the cooler* No.

BTW: and I posted this on another forum and no one laughed. But I know you guys have got a sense of humor, so HUZZAH!
                            [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                              Once he returns from enslaving enjoying B'obados Barbados he's definitely joining the unemployed masses (though mainly to try and convince them he is, in fact, their god and will overthrow the evil JobCentre).

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                              Oddly I'm trying to as well. I'm just not very good with applications forms. *looks at the curious symbiote in the cooler* No.
                              Application form?! Where?! KEEP IT AWAY FROM ME!!! I dream of application forms, and CVs, and interviews.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post

BTW: and I posted this on another forum and no one laughed. But I know you guys have got a sense of humor, so HUZZAH!
                                Ah yes, Hells Grannies, good fun Monty Python is, good fun indeed

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X