No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those muffins sound very yummy! I'd green you SB, but it won't let me.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

help the noob, what does green you mean
      sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
        help the noob, what does green you mean
        It means appreciating someone's post by clicking on the little star in the left corner under your avatar. The green influences the green bars you have under your name and when you go to 'my controls' you can see who has greened you for which post under 'Latest Reputation Received' and why (if they filled anything in when clicking on the star).
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Green is reputation, those little green blocks over your pic.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

On the topic of green, I want to thank everyone for mine!

Comment

There used to be red ones too... but they were done away with since people liked to abuse the system.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So now we have an enforced "if you can't say anything nice..." policy. Probably for the best though.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                  So now we have an enforced "if you can't say anything nice..." policy. Probably for the best though.
                  I have seen at least one instance in which this has led to a skewed view on the topic, since negative views or critics aren't appreciated.

Comment

I'm feeling very accomplished today; I finally finished the first two chapters of my next fic!

It took me a while because I was struggling with the last scene of the first chapter but now that I finally worked through it, it turned out to be 9000+ words. For this story I've set my word count to 3000-6000 words per chapter so I chopped it in half, which was easy since the last chapter takes place a few days later than the rest (I hadn't expected it to be 5000+ words though) and now I actually have two chapters done!
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Congrats on the accomplishment!

Comment

Thanks! Usually I can spit out a 5000 word chapter in a few hours but the beginning of a fic is always the hardest and since I got stuck with my last fic (which I managed to complete after weeks) the muse seems to go AWOL every now and then, making it harder to write a complete chapter in one go.

Because of my writer's block last time I decided on a new approach for this fic and have started writing out plot lines per chapter and have done so for about 30 chapters now so I decided to get the show on the road and start writing. But the setup is very important so I kept hesitating and letting myself get distracted for the last scene because I was afraid it wouldn't work out the way I envisioned... but it has, so now I'm happy!

I'm also a bit too psyched now so sleep isn't really coming either... Might as well get started on that third chapter!
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Sounds like you're doing really well! Congrats!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                          sigpic
                          now also appearing on DeviantArt
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Well done, fems!
                            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

A lovely young lady at work has actually asked to read some of my fic...!
                              I think she's a closet Stargate fan...
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

thanks for the help everyone
                                sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Working...
                                X