No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, it can be anyone with anyone... I'm a multishipper to begin with but they have to match on some level otherwise there's no point. Of all the pairings in existence there are definitely a couple that make absolute no sense to me but since our rose-tinted glasses are personal - to everyone their likes I guess.

I'll tackle SG1 and SGA, cause I've never watched SGU nor shall I ever watch it.

SG1:

I really liked Daniel with Sha're, but when Sha're was gone I loved the subtle hints between Daniel and Janet in the background. I firmly believe they would have made a great match. Alas, again his luck with the women ends in death. Daniel/Vala has an edge, I give them that.

For a time I joined the Sam/Janet bandwagon - read some great and awesome fics, one in particular has always stood out for me where Janet gets stuck inside a giant pyramid along with a deathly creature.

I always wanted Jonas to find some happiness but couldn't quite figure out the right match for him, although that girl who got infected with the Goa'uld seemed a good choice. Andf of course, when he was trying to ask that nurse out...

And that's all I have at the moment for SG1... onto SGA - it's more fresh in the brain:

I have plenty of thoughts about plenty of characters... except some of them are dead, lost, or hooked-up canon-wise.

I kinda like Teyla/Kanaan though so they definitely make my list - though they are under the hooked-up canon-wise heading.

John - personally I could ideally see him with Elizabeth (who's currently floating in space somewhere) or Kate (who drew the short straw in Doppelganger).

Rodney's match for me remains Katie Brown. I have to admit that I find the current setting of Rodney/Keller a bit of a mismatch for a lot of different reasons. They can work though when written well but on the show itself... not really.

Carson and Laura were great.

Lorne should have gotten a boy/girlfriend - Like Jonas on SG1 he should have gotten a bit of happiness. I see him paired with a variety of characters, and personally I could very well link him with Laura, Teyla, Kate, Parrish.

I'm not entirely averse to Ronon/Amelia. And Chuck - I ponder on many occasions who he would have liked to have in his arms.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      That's ok -it has been quiet lately.

If it helps -the pairing game: I always thought Walter Harriman deserved somebody, but I could never think of someone to match him. Same for Siler.
      Walter... hmmm. Good question.

And personally, I've always thought of Siler as married. In my fanfic universe, he's married and has kids, including a teenaged daughter. She actually has a cameo in one of my future stories, as does his wife.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Who knows, maybe Walter and Siler are a couple...
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          I can easily see that they at least have some bromance going on.
          Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

just don't see the gay couples too much in the spec ops world and if they are they don't show it but i love all the input everyone
            sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
              just don't see the gay couples too much in the spec ops world and if they are they don't show it but i love all the input everyone
              Now, that DADT's history (sort of) it's open season...

Comment

Carson is a fun character to write, that scottish accent though makes it slightly hard, but the rest of the time he is just too dang fun to write

Scene from Ascension War II

Carson: Allow me to introduce to you, your new doctor
                Radek: *confused, Carson mouths to go along with it*
                Sehppard: Dr Windbag I presume ?
                Radek: well blow me down
                John faints, Radek is confused, Carson is trying not to laugh as they lug John to a bed to sleep off the sedatives

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                  Walter... hmmm. Good question.

And personally, I've always thought of Siler as married. In my fanfic universe, he's married and has kids, including a teenaged daughter. She actually has a cameo in one of my future stories, as does his wife.
                  That's interesting -another person I know on another thread wrote Siler a wife and child into her fic (SG-1 was invited to the christening). I'm glad other people out there got as attached to the secondary characters as I did...

And SF -I am GOING to get an e-reader, and I am GOING to get Flora's stories read and start ATWLB...

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  I just can't see it...on a number of levels.

I could almost see Siler having a crush on Sam...
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

All this talk of romance...

A good friend of mine discovered I like Dr. Frasier. And I ended up in a fan fic as Janet's boyfriend.

I started writing a fic in which an original male character of mine was dating a member of the Tok'ra.
                    With both the host and Symbiote liking him.
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

i always thought her getting killed off was really bad for the series but replacing her with the Generals daughter wasnt a bad choice
                      sigpic

Comment

When a friend told me what was going to happen to Janet...
                        I was very upset...

Comment

i think the whole fanbase was, i know i was and the dr's role never was the same
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                            When a friend told me what was going to happen to Janet...
                            I was very upset...
                            I had never seen that season until this year (on Netflix)...I was so shocked and bereft...
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I still cry and yell at the screen...
                              When ever I watch the episode.

Comment

I can say with absolute certainty that I will never watch Heroes again. Seen it once and that's it.

Comment

Working...
                                X