No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this would just mean more stuff to do, but I really wish I could get someone to tell me how to do video commentaries.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
      I know this would just mean more stuff to do, but I really wish I could get someone to tell me how to do video commentaries.
      *is very tempted*

I just came home from a training seminar on Adobe Production Premium... this was one of the points brought up
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
        *is very tempted*

I just came home from a training seminar on Adobe Production Premium... this was one of the points brought up
        Video editing?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I'm tired. My arms ache from sanding the walls and trim of the kitchen and laundry room.
          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
            I'm tired. My arms ache from sanding the walls and trim of the kitchen and laundry room.
            Ugh. I hate that.

The first time I sanded, I had to sand this ugly red-brown paint off very thoroughly. Got t up m nose a lot. At first I thought the sharp chips gave me a nosebleed. Wasn't too comforting to know I was sneezing paint for three days.

Comment

we use a leaf vacuum, suck them up and mulch them...it's dirty work. I'll be sneezing dirt for a while.

that's what them mucus membranes are for. to catch that stuff and keep it out of your lungs
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A filtered gas mask costs like 30$ at home depot

You can even go terrorist style and just wrap a shirt around your mouth and nose, take breaks every 10-20 minutes to get fresh air as it'll be constricting if you're not used to it.

This coming from someone who's worked construction, so yes, it sucks and it's irritating as hell, but not sneezing paint for three days is worth some discomfort.

The best is to use dust free compound which actually flakes off instead of dusts off. Much much cleaner.

EDIT: Actually, that reminds me of something i was thinking! When complicated situations arise from easily solvable problems. I recall a fic once had an SG team trying to take control of a bunker from a deeply routed enemy, and they sent in a marine team using guns and tear gas to try and break the defenders... which made me think. "Hm... why don't they just pump laughing gas into the bunker?" which would case the defenders to either amuse themselves to their demise, or lock themselves in air tight which isn't exactly a solution.

Star Trek Generations had a big one of these, if Picard could go back in time with Kirk to stop the evil dude... why not oh i dunno..

Last edited by Aragon101; 30 July 2011, 04:02 PM.
                Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  that's what them mucus membranes are for. to catch that stuff and keep it out of your lungs
                  Ah, biology. My only option most of the time.

Edit: I love unconventional ways to solve problems. Though thinking like that ruined the last LOTR movie for me.

Edit: My computer crashed again. This time it ate ALL m internet bookmarks. If anyone has fanfiction they want me to read, please send a note so I can remake my fanfics folder.
                  Last edited by WraithRichard; 30 July 2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

*wanders in...looks around, contemplates how quiet it is this weekend...puts up a poster above the watercooler:

"Missing...SF&Coffee. Brilliant storyteller, fierce adventurer, history buff. It is suspected that her last wormhole transit passed too close to the sun during unexpected solar flare activity and she exited the wormhole in the middle ages (Earth). Sam Carter has been notified and is working on the problem. If you see her, please lend all aid to return her to us."

Sighs. Places peanut butter cookies on the counter. Wanders out, dejected.*
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

SF's somewhere in the wilderness and was suffering from laptop withdrawal last contact I had with her. I expect the condition has become severe enough that she's already begun fashioning a rudimentary netbook out of tree bark, mud and trained ants.
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                        SF's somewhere in the wilderness and was suffering from laptop withdrawal last contact I had with her. I expect the condition has become severe enough that she's already begun fashioning a rudimentary netbook out of tree bark, mud and trained ants.
                        Bwhahaha!!! I can see that...
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Edit: I love unconventional ways to solve problems. Though thinking like that ruined the last LOTR movie for me.

Edit: My computer crashed again. This time it ate ALL m internet bookmarks. If anyone has fanfiction they want me to read, please send a note so I can remake my fanfics folder.
                          I solved this problem when it happened to me quite sometime ago. I save all fanfiction I want to read or have read on my computer, and then just in case the computer crashes, I also have the whole thing saved on a flash drive. It's the pits having to reconstruct a list of stories that had been bookmarked.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                            That sounds like me several months ago when I was stripping wallpaper off bedroom walls and the downstairs living space, and then painting the walls in a couple of rooms. I still have one small room and the downstairs to paint. I think I permanently injured my right arm and shoulder from all that scraping/painting/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              I solved this problem when it happened to me quite sometime ago. I save all fanfiction I want to read or have read on my computer, and then just in case the computer crashes, I also have the whole thing saved on a flash drive. It's the pits having to reconstruct a list of stories that had been bookmarked.
                              I'll save them from now on (that does remember the url, right?), but I'm not going to recreate the list an time soon.

Remodeling, naughty cats, washing said cats, lack of food, lack of money, naughty computers, and lack of money have killed most of my initiative (which I might need for other things).

Comment

I'm trying to remember what browser you said you use. Here are some suggestions on how you still might be able to recover your bookmarks on Firefox, Google Chrome, and IE:

For Firefox

You can try what's listed here for Chrome; I once managed to recover Chrome bookmarks.

If it was IE, try some of these suggestions.

Good luck!

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                *wanders in...looks around, contemplates how quiet it is this weekend...puts up a poster above the watercooler:

"Missing...SF&Coffee. Brilliant storyteller, fierce adventurer, history buff. It is suspected that her last wormhole transit passed too close to the sun during unexpected solar flare activity and she exited the wormhole in the middle ages (Earth). Sam Carter has been notified and is working on the problem. If you see her, please lend all aid to return her to us."

Sighs. Places peanut butter cookies on the counter. Wanders out, dejected.*
                                LMAO! Camp is set up (mostly) and I'm sunburnt. Looking forward to going back out there on Friday and staying for the entire following week, though! (I do plan to wear more sunblock.)

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                                Hey, I could market it as environmentally friendly, anyway. I wonder if I could get all the ants out of my house by giving them something constructive to do? *ponders*

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                                sigpic
                                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Working...
                                X