Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
    Thor, I'm pretty sure WR was aiming her comment at the non-Americans in the thread, our friends abroad who might be blissfully unaware of the full-scale consumerist frenzy that is the four-day Thanksgiving weekend.
    Oh no, we're aware of it! The lady pepper-spraying everyone was all over the news!

EDIT: Places I've lived: Sweden, USA (CT) and now England.

Places I've been: Everywhere I've lived (obviously), Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium, France, Ireland, Scotland (yes, it counts!), Switzerland, Portugal, Italy, the Vatican, Greece, Egypt, Canada... and I think that's about it. Had a lay-over in Iceland once, but that doesn't really count.
    My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      Thor, I'm pretty sure WR was aiming her comment at the non-Americans in the thread, our friends abroad who might be blissfully unaware of the full-scale consumerist frenzy that is the four-day Thanksgiving weekend.
      Pretty much. I noticed a few people here didn't know Thanksgiving had just happened before I posted.

There's no reason you guys should know about American Thanksgiving.
      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
        There's no reason you guys should know about American Thanksgiving.
        We learned about it in school, in American history. So there...
        Plus, hard to miss when one is surrounded by Americans in one's online life.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          We learned about it in school, in American history. So there...
          Plus, hard to miss when one is surrounded by Americans in one's online life.
          We kinda suck at history when it comes to Thanksgiving, though.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Thanksgiving is kind of hard to miss when you watch American shows/movies The history behind it though would be more difficult to learn from that since most just show people stuffing turkeys and making/consuming enough food to feed an army.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              Thanksgiving is kind of hard to miss when you watch American shows/movies The history behind it though would be more difficult to learn from that since most just show people stuffing turkeys and making/consuming enough food to feed an army.
              Form the TV I watched (I don't watch it much more), you were lucky if you got Thanksgiving specials. Mostly it was grocery store ads and Christmas ads cam eon shortly after Halloween.

Comment

I hit a spot in my fanfic where I have twelve million things to put in, but no idea how to organize them whatsoever.

I don't even know what thread to post them in.

Comment

I hit a spot in my fanfic where I have twelve million things to put in, but no idea how to organize them whatsoever.

I don't even know what thread to post them in.
                  Try using Treepad Lite Its a note making software, free to download as well, easy to use, it orgonises notes and such of text only items, links and such, I use it, it orginises everything for me

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                    Try using Treepad Lite Its a note making software, free to download as well, easy to use, it orgonises notes and such of text only items, links and such, I use it, it orginises everything for me
                    I've got the notes organized, I just don't know which evens should come first, as there are several of them.

Comment

I've got the notes organized, I just don't know which evens should come first, as there are several of them.
                      Hmmm..... Try rolling dice

Number all the notes, say you have exactly one hundred of them, laeled in terms of numbers, you know, 1, 2, 3, etc, all the way to a hundred, then you pick one number and roll the D100, the number it comes up as is where that numbered note goes, nomatter what its actual number in the list of numbers it is

Say you number a note, 14, Note #14. And you roll the D100 and the spot comes up as spot #71 there fore note #14 becomes event #71 in the list of events.

It helped me a lot at times, though it made little sense to others

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Just use the notes to write out the scenes you want and then shuffle the scenes around when you're done to see in what order they should be.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'll try those. Can't hurt.

Comment

Hi all.
                            Reading some of the posts. Especially those about places they have visited.

The furthest I have been form England, to date, has been Germany. It was shut... As we went over the Easter Weekend. I was in the RAF section of the Combined Cadet Force at the time.
                            Whilst there we visited Holland.

I also have lots of notes with fan fic in. There are at least 5 or 6 notebooks with story ideas around my home.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

heres a question for everyone , of all the single main or recurring characters left on any show who do you think would make the best match and leave out sam/jack ronon/amelia and mckay/keller.
                              sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
                                heres a question for everyone , of all the single main or recurring characters left on any show who do you think would make the best match and leave out sam/jack ronon/amelia and mckay/keller.
                                Personally I don't classify those pairings as best match so I wouldn't put them in my list anyway.

So, more to the point, this is different for everybody. Though I do have one question, does it have to be a pairing that is cannonically possible or can it be entirely fannon based (even though at least one of those three you mentioned was never cannonically proven)?
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X