No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I hate dragging my feet other writing my Personal Statement, mainly because i hate writing Personal Statements. :/
    [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Job application Choo? Or are you updating your CV?
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
        Job application Choo? Or are you updating your CV?
        *sigh* University at some point.

Note= Really boring, self loathing, real life ramble coming up next. Feel free to skip and carry on writing about off world activities
        Spoiler:
        My teenage years weren't exactly 'party filled' and my lack of qualifications, basic art skill and direction always catches up to me. I just need more and can't find it where I am, but at the same time going over my past is like a whole parade of "well that didn't go anywhere did it..."

Kids these days huh?

EDIT: on the plus side, the electric heater works! Woo hoo! Warmth
        [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
          Note= Really boring, self loathing, real life ramble coming up next. Feel free to skip and carry on writing about off world activities
          Spoiler:
          My teenage years weren't exactly 'party filled' and my lack of qualifications, basic art skill and direction always catches up to me. I just need more and can't find it where I am, but at the same time going over my past is like a whole parade of "well that didn't go anywhere did it..."
          That sounds eerily familiar...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If I may ask (feel free to tell me to mind my own business): If they weren't party filled and you have a lack of qualifications, then what were you doing those years?
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              If I may ask (feel free to tell me to mind my own business): If they weren't party filled and you have a lack of qualifications, then what were you doing those years?
              Its a bit private. Nothing 'bad', just lots of "small" things that build up into many "big" things and I'm going to move on from all of those things (well I am "technically" )

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              That sounds eerily familiar...
              Don't tell me .... i have an evil identical twin!?!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                Don't tell me .... i have an evil identical twin!?!
                Who says I'm evil?

Comment

Who says I'm evil?
                  Well, i wasn't emplying YOU Falcon Horus!! **head desk** (see that foot, yeah i'm just going to put that in my mouth. It'll save time in the future!)

Although, on the other hand (foot): I HAVE A TWIN!?!

sigpic

Comment

Lol!!

Comment

Okay next English question..... what alternative is their to 'So..'.

I'm worried this personal statement is turning into "So I did this....' and 'So i did that...'

So- DAMMIT! *sigh* This is why i'm an artist. Anyone got any ideas for alternative ways to start a sentence instead of 'So..'?

sigpic

Comment

Well...

Comment

You're not actually starting your sentences with "So..." are you?

I don't know what a personal statement entails exactly, but I gather it's rather important and official.

*googles*

Aha! Okay, I think I get it (and I'm very glad we don't need them for university ).

You're using 'so' for enumeration? Because there are far better words out there than 'so'.

"I did this..."
                          - furthermore
                          - consequently
                          - moreover
                          - however
                          - followed by
                          - then
                          - in addition
                          - subsequently
                          - afterwards

... and so on
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Well...

*glares*

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            I don't know what a personal statement entails exactly, but I gather it's rather important and official.

*googles*

Aha! Okay, I think I get it (and I'm very glad we don't need them for university ).
                            **double glare**
                            Just don't mention tuition fees and everything will be fine!

Originally posted by fem
                            You're using 'so' for enumeration? Because there are far better words out there than 'so'.

... and so on
                            Thanks Fems! That helped a lot

And yes, i had to Google enumeration. Hey, cut me some slack, i'm going to University to do ART!!

sigpic

Comment

So... what about those tuition fees, eh?
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

That's okay, I needed a (translation) dictionary to find the right word, too!

Although, now that I think about it... a friend of mine who goes to art school may have had to do something similar (but it was for a specialized program).
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X