Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I think my BS meter just exploded
    So you're going to be needing that allergy medication too ? *assumes here that gatefan is allergic to BS *

Also, that is the funniest thing I've read today too

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
      So you're going to be needing that allergy medication too ? *assumes here that gatefan is allergic to BS *

Also, that is the funniest thing I've read today too
      I'm not allergic to BS, just sensitive to it, comes from being a parent I guess
      In addition, my BS meter runs opposite to my "Give a S#!T-o-meter" as well
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Wow. I'm an only child. Look how much I've missed.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          I'm not allergic to BS, just sensitive to it, comes from being a parent I guess
          In addition, my BS meter runs opposite to my "Give a S#!T-o-meter" as well

My BS meter's sensitivity ramped up when I had kids--it gets more and more sensitive with each passing year, now that I've got a teen and a pre-teen. One of my fav songs years ago could be re-worded for the kids--My Give A Dam's Busted (misspelled on purpose). Some days I feel like one of those lionesses on the nature channels--lying there, beaten down exhausted broken bored, with the little ones crawling all over her, biting her ears and taking swipes at her tail with their little claws.
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
            Wow. I'm an only child. Look how much I've missed.
            Me, too. Made it hard to figure how to deal with sibling (in-law) issues when I got married and then later had two kids.
            sigpic
            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Growing up with siblings was quite an experience (usually, a fun one, but it's got its moments - especially in adult hood when you want to smack otherwise intelligent people upside their heads for making stupid...wait, I digress...).

My sister's the oldest, four and a half years older than me, and my brother and I are only a year apart. So while she and I did tend to gang up on him, he and I have always been closer because we shared a lot of friends since we were only a year apart in school.

I don't have kids, but I have a highly developed sensitivity for BS. I think it comes from having siblings. I can sniff it out at a country mile.

(And yeah, the iguana thing really happened. That iguana was one mean SOB. Makes for great stories, though!)
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I can't imagine not having siblings, even if we haven't always gotten along I'm glad I have them.

When I'm at a point in my life where I want and am able to have kids I certainly want more than one. Three is probably better than two, just in case two don't get along there's always the third.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I always wanted siblings, but my mother was firm about not having more kids. Apparently she'd not had the easiest time producing me. I always planned on having children myself, and wanted to have at least two, possibly three or more. Life had other plans for me though, so I've never had any.

My father was an only child as well, though my mother had a brother.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I always wanted siblings, but my mother was firm about not having more kids. Apparently she'd not had the easiest time producing me. I always planned on having children myself, and wanted to have at least two, possibly three or more. Life had other plans for me though, so I've never had any.

My family is huge and very, very blended. I'd need way more space and a captive audience to be able to describe the hows and whys, but there's a horde of us!
                    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      I can't imagine not having siblings, even if we haven't always gotten along I'm glad I have them.

When I'm at a point in my life where I want and am able to have kids I certainly want more than one. Three is probably better than two, just in case two don't get along there's always the third.
                      We were going to try for a third, but #2 was so long in arriving (nearly three years of trying) and a bit of a handful (had he been #1, there would have only been one, despite my wanting my kids to have siblings) and finances at the time were really bad. So I convinced myself that four of us was better than three, since four fits in a booth at a restaurant better.
                      sigpic

Comment

My mom also had a hard time with me. She was one of four, though, and my dad was one of eleven surviving, so I had lots of cousins to play with at family gatherings. We live far away from my cousins now and my SILs have yet to have any children (one can't, one's living halfway around the world and devoted to herself right now).
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm the youngest of three, but my mother had a few miscarriages (years) after me otherwise I would have had at least one half-sibling. Also have a bunch of (by now former) step-siblings, with whom I try to stay in touch despite the breakups of my parents.

My mother only has one sister but my father has two brothers and two sisters (one passed away five years ago though) and my former step-father had six siblings and my former step-mother had four. So I more or less grew up with lots of family members, despite our own small family.
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                            We were going to try for a third, but #2 was so long in arriving (nearly three years of trying) and a bit of a handful (had he been #1, there would have only been one, despite my wanting my kids to have siblings) and finances at the time were really bad. So I convinced myself that four of us was better than three, since four fits in a booth at a restaurant better.
                            Same here. Number One was such a joy that I scoffed at those parents who were sleep deprived (my angelic son slept through the night at 9 weeks), or struggling with their two-year-olds ( mine was a joy), I came to the conclusion we were exemplary parents.

Then we had number two, Michael. Oh, I ate my words. He did not sleep through the night until almost two. He was so loud the neighbours could hear him. Pregnant women in our church muttered about not wanting to have a Michael.

This is how I learned humility.

I must say that now they are adults, they are both delightful, intelligent wonderful young men.
                            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                              Same here. Number One was such a joy that I scoffed at those parents who were sleep deprived (my angelic son slept through the night at 9 weeks), or struggling with their two-year-olds ( mine was a joy), I came to the conclusion we were exemplary parents.

Then we had number two, Michael. Oh, I ate my words. He did not sleep through the night until almost two. He was so loud the neighbours could hear him. Pregnant women in our church muttered about not wanting to have a Michael.

This is how I learned humility.

I must say that now they are adults, they are both delightful, intelligent wonderful young men.
                              Karma is a hard taskmaster
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I am officially way too young to start thinking about kids-- and this is self-declared, not a judgement on young mothers-- let alone actually having them. Oy. And while the parentals would be thrilled to have grandkids, my mother especially so, they'd be happy with me getting a date.

Apparently there comes a point where you're no longer too young to go on dates, but in fact too old to NOT be involved with someone. The bad news is, I'm not a party/club kind of gal, so most of the people I meet are through my friends, and my friends are like me-- they don't like to mix their social groups. So I'm mostly with the same people and there's rarely a new entrant to consider as a possible interest.

*sigh*

It doesn't help that I'm so strange... In the best possible way, of course. A lot of people don't get my sense of humor-- those who do are strictly friends. And I've always been of the opinion that my romantic relationship would have to start off as a good friendship; I've gotta trust 'em before I go out with them.

And I'm getting totally off topic... even in an off topic thread. See? Strange-ness.

Comment

Working...
                                X