No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel was transformed into a Lantean. O'Neill's first and second encounter with the Repository of Knowledge were failures, but his 'mind meld' transformation by Stevenson was successful. It is a slower, safer version without the knowledge download, so Jack is fully Alterran by this point.

Asgard are NOT more advanced than the Alterra, just a few key pieces of technology they have, like the long range beaming tech, that they improved while the Alterra were gone. Also, the Asgard have a large population, the Alterran do not at this point, so in that regard you could say they are superior.
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Awesome to see you back Aer'ki, I really enjoy reading your posts and as always the new update is awesome!

A quick question about Romulus do you see him as having the same diminshing return of knowledge and understanding that he has with his life force with his tech as well? Also does he have the means to create more city ships?

Great to see you back keep up the good writing
      Better a diamond with a flaw than a peeble without

Comment

looks like daniel forgot to set the alarm the day he was supposed to get military-strategy-downloads, which is nuts because he's responsible for everyone on a planet...
        it's suspicious that remus didn't even consider the possibility of being friendly with the alterra...

so people, what do you think is the chance that romulus is gonna betray his friend and turn to 'the good side'?

by the way aer'ki... how many episode do you plan to write before taking another break?
        Last edited by NIMBUS; 28 July 2011, 01:02 AM.
        ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Camothor- not really sure what your question meant. Romulus's body gradually decays over time, like all Lanteans. He's similar to Merlin, still Lantean but with some upgrades. He grows old, then ascends to cheat his way back into a younger body. Each time he tries to learn how to prolong his life to the selfsufficiency point, but so far he hasn't completely succeeded.
          As for building city ships...yes. Alba Longa is the recreation of the first version, which was destroyed in the war against the Wraith. The design isn't identical, because some technology was lost, but over 10,000 years Romulus and Remus have recovered or rebuilt their tech level equivalent to previous levels, with some variations.
          Nimbus- just planning on this episode for now, sorry.

Comment

Despite this being the only new episode for now, it's still a welcome read after SGU's been canceled.

Comment

so... finished reading chapter 3 ... i'm guessing they are going to ascend... i'll have more spam after 120 degree rotation of earth's on it's axis
              ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

What about Romulas goes to the altreans? I say this cause what ever we post aer'ki will change it.

Comment

@burns but romumus can't physically get to the alterrans... and considering that this is happening 7 months into past [if ryan isn't keeping another secret] he didn't because both daniel and jack were surprised when the attack happened in chapter one.
                  ...btw even if romulus and the girl decided to fly to one of the nearest solar systems with a gate in it... well... remus's army will be waiting there... at least it would be logical that they'd be there.

btw can someone help me understand this bit? specifically the body connection...
                  "I've already brokered an arrangement with the Wraith," Remus said as the door to Romulus's quarters opened in the adjacent room. A few moments later and four armed iktal guards walked into view. "I'm afraid you and your people are only going to be a detriment from this point on. I am sorry to have things end this way, but we do what we must."
                  "Your new body?"
                  Remus smiled. Romulus was ever intelligent. "Their biotechnology is considerably more advanced than ours."
                  edit: did remus turn himself part wraith? and if yes, will his body be taken over - will he become an uber advanced wraith? i know it's unlikely but aer'ki did say in one of the episodes that wraith dna is 'very aggresive'... i guess it depends on how and what changes he did... looool i don't know why i'm spamming this here, i myself don't even believe that this will happen ...i suppose it would be funky if his consciousness would basically get stuck into a wraith body... will see... cheers
                  Last edited by NIMBUS; 29 July 2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the answers Aer'Ki, I was meaning as in everytime that Romulus ascends do you see him loosing a part of his advanced knowledge as his lantean mind is only so advanced? Sort of like what happened to Jack when he had his first encounter with the repository of knowledgea and the asgard said he wasn't advanced enough. Also when Ryan was rebuilding teh asgard their new bodies adn the associated mental capacity determined by there genetic buildup, I hope I make sense otherwise I am on my own tangent again :s
                    Better a diamond with a flaw than a peeble without

Comment

i have to reread the last chapter ... but here... few spammy thoughts...
                      ...it was funny when i read that sheppard's ship's name is 'skywalker', but it killed me when i found out the avatar's moniker
                      ...about the next chapter - i got a feeling that iktal control can be interfered with if not stolen
                      ...and i know that what i'm going to write now is a bit douchy/evil, but because of how advanced the alterra are, i expect them to deal with the shielded landing-sites in a-not-brute-force-way. sheppard's reaction to several tower shield-power increase didn't point to that, but i'm still hoping that he hasn't yet had all of funky-tech-available-info downloaded into his grapefruit...
                      haven't thought this through (as everything else i write/have written) but i had an idea about dealing with those towers - planetary gravity centre shift (epic aye? ) - he could tip them, damage them with 'falling' ground , hell he could send everyone outside of a ship with an artificial gravity or the ship itself or shield-tower into space or flying only to die/get destroyed on impact after the gravity centre has been restored ...of course this only works if the lantean cities have artificial gravity generators or whatever ...lool it's just a crazy idea rant ... i think it's more likely that romulus has ascended and will interfere to flip his former buddy the bird

@camothor as i understand it the answer is - no ...according to what we learned from liona, when one descends he remains as he was at the moment of ascension... in fact the problem asgard and jack had isn't related in any way with ascending/descending imo... jack had to roll back to before-head-sucker-jack because his brain-hard-drive was too small for the knowledge extracting in it, and the asgard couldn't be put into bodies with hard-drives too small for their consciousnesses. because upon descending you get the same body you had before, it's hard-drives can't suddenly have too little space... at least it's what i think about the subject
                      Last edited by NIMBUS; 30 July 2011, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Camothor- When Romulus ascends, then descends, he descends with a healthy young body. Bit of a cheat, but he's still Lantean in physiology. He doesn't possess the 'ascended knowledge', so his mental capacity isn't an issue. He did, however, in the past upgrade his body a bit, like Merlin did, so he has powers above and beyond that of a normal Lantean, but not up to Alterran levels, which is why his body keeps growing old over time. Alterran is essentially a different species from Lantean, and all Romulus can do is upgrade his Lantean physiology. Technically a cheat by ascended rules, but since he didn't take any knowledge with him(just a few memories) he wasn't stopped since he was now out of the ascended plain.
                        As for the Asgard, their physiology had to be updated to accomodate their enhanced minds. Their old bodies weren't mentally advanced enough, their new bodies weren't physically advanced enough...so Ryan split the difference, taking the best of both worlds, but their appearance is a cross between the two. Their minds, however, are 100% intact.

Comment

Just read Chapter 5. Very hard ending.

I think I can guess who that being at the end belongs to.......

Comment

Ahh, so its over. We'll have to wait again.

Comment

hi
                              just started to read and it's great!!!!

any some sam/jack moments?

any connction to sgu?

Comment

reread the last episode (6) ...spoiler contains some thoughts and predictions (which won't be correct but whatevs )
                                [soiler]
                                ...it's surprising that AE got involved into ryan's plans this early. we can't be sure about involvement this tiny in other realities but still - weird... oh and yea, AE basically 'released the lovakora of pagasus', guess what's gonna be their next step...

...i still think that romulus managed to ascend again and will help the alterra down the road, because he's one of the good guys (during the escape he wanted to help others and didn't think only about himself...). romulus being ascended and a cerebral chap, will probably figure things out how they really are and imo will attempt to help ryan, idk how lethal it's gonna end up for him, but i've got that feeling. also it really isn't looking good for ryan if he's going to NEED a rouge ascended's help after AE involvement this tiny.

...btw has ryan forgotten about the dimension merlin used to hide stuff - it probably would work against the wraith as well... i mean transfer the city into that dimension, activate the explosive tumour growing radiation and BOOM ...lol ...but seriously i think that from now on everyone of their cities will be either able to fly or say bye to that spacial location in one way or the other... lol it would have been funnier if they had basically used merlin's mantle device on all the wraith and the 'uglies' on planet and left them there , basically remade the episode where cam and sam got stuck out of our dimension (sg1 s9e18), just without the happy ending

...that explosive decompression line was funny

...also just to mess with AE predictions of future (this seams to be a major weapon they have, and the only one they are actively using), ryan should incorporate all the dimensions that aren't accessible from afleheym into all of his plans, because your dice-roll predictions get way worse when you don't know the amount of dice in the game
                                [/spoiler]

@roni123 ...about sam/jack moments - they've interacted a bit but nothing major [in any sense] happened
                                ...and no sgu connection, aer'ki started this fic before that series existed
                                Last edited by NIMBUS; 03 August 2011, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X