No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The additional ships are all smaller than Columnars. At present, the large moon-base shipyard in Kestardra is the only facility with construction slips large enough to construct Columnars. There are other, smaller facilities capable of producing the 'support ships', however most are still constructed in Kestardra at a very high production rate.
    To put it in perspective, a Columnar outmasses an Alterran cruiser 80 to 1. So if the Kestardra can produce a Columnar in one slip in approximately one year's time, it can produce 80 cruisers per slip, in one year's time. That's why the Alterra can build up such a large number of support ships in lieu of continued Columnar production.
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
      The additional ships are all smaller than Columnars. At present, the large moon-base shipyard in Kestardra is the only facility with construction slips large enough to construct Columnars. There are other, smaller facilities capable of producing the 'support ships', however most are still constructed in Kestardra at a very high production rate.
      To put it in perspective, a Columnar outmasses an Alterran cruiser 80 to 1. So if the Kestardra can produce a Columnar in one slip in approximately one year's time, it can produce 80 cruisers per slip, in one year's time. That's why the Alterra can build up such a large number of support ships in lieu of continued Columnar production.
      Very cool! Thanks for the answer

Comment

So how many slips does the moon-yard have inside of it?
        Better a diamond with a flaw than a peeble without

Comment

14 slips...but they can be sub-divided into smaller sections for simultaneous work on smaller ships.

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
            what alba longans have done isn't as bad as the stuff vanir did... i don't know how fond alterrans are of life-forms like iktal, but imo they will be fine, especially considering that 99,9% of ALs are only guilty of just going with it and ignoring the ethics, they might have to do some overtime but otherwise they'll get a pass, at least imo
            P
            is Remus an Alba Longan or is he his own faction? can't remember

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
            Lots of great info to take in.

Once Stevenson gets the real scope of the Wraith and their capacity, I think they will begin a very devastating campaign against the Wraith.

I'd still like to see a direct confrontation between Stevenson, and this 'warmaster' Wraith.
            the Lanteans/ Alterrans will have to come up with maybe a lot more powerful new combat hardware and strategy/tactics to do so

Wonder other than telepathy, what this Warmaster has; any Kadarva abilities?
            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Remus and Romulus and their 'followers' still consider themselves Lantean. Alba Longa was their home city, so they can also be referred to in that way, although Remus and Romulus are the only two original Alba Longan's still living.
              The 2nd city of Alba Longa is one of several inhabitations of their people at present, so those 'Alba Longans' aren't the same as the originals. Since they are now dead, killed by Remus, all remaining "Alba Longan Lanteans" can be referred to as Remans if it helps, but to them they still consider themselves Lanteans.

Comment

Oh, a side note. I added a couple of pics to the wiki of Romulus and Remus. I know some of you have said you prefer to imagine what they look like, but I found two that get fairly close to what I visualized so I put them up anyway.

Comment

Great new pictures. It really helps to visualize the faces of these characters.

Comment

Well at least with this wiki being updated there is a way to for the wait of the next update to be less bearable

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
                      Well at least with this wiki being updated there is a way to for the wait of the next update to be less bearable
                      You mean to be less unbearable?
                      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
                        Oh, a side note. I added a couple of pics to the wiki of Romulus and Remus. I know some of you have said you prefer to imagine what they look like, but I found two that get fairly close to what I visualized so I put them up anyway.
                        Which actor/character did u use to visualize Remus?

Comment

The pic of Remus comes from one of the Dungeons and Dragons movies. The pic of Romulus does as well. I was channel surfing one day and saw their pair of them together and the connection just clicked...after I'd written the episode.

Comment

Was hoping for an update by now. I think i might read the whole series again for the 3rd time!

Comment

yea if i wouldn't need to sleep i'd join you...
                              ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Me too, prob including re-reading again!

Comment

Working...
                                X