Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyne who likes Jack-whumpage and S/J [canon UST] should check out Celeste Tyroll’s new story, ‘I killed Sam Carter’, over at Heliopolis. It’s awesome!

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Here's some of my favourites:

Su Freund - Too Late:
      http://www.ficwithfins.com/su/ship/toolate.htm
      It's a SAm/Jack Fic (ofcouse! - look at my sig!!!) It's a little original, but are also different from the others!

Then Another by Su Freund - Understandings and Misunderstandings (a serie - 15 parts!). Part one: http://www.ficwithfins.com/su/ship/um1.htm
      It's a very long story, but a *very* good one! - also Sam/Jack!

Zika
      Zika

Belief in Sam and Jack ship in season 10?

P.S. sorry about my english - from Denmark()

Comment

Hi guys! I'm new here, and I haven't figured out how to make links yet, but I am able to tell you that I just posted my fan fic on the archives. It's called "Alpha Site". You cna find it by searching under the "A" listing; there's five listed, and mines first on the list!

Comment

This isn't a fic recommendation but I thought it kind of fit here and I didn't want to waste bandwidth creating a new thread.

I'm looking for an email list to post a lengthy Atlantis fic on. It's nearly finished and is currently around 36,000 words. It's an AU, of sorts. It's very angsty, a little hurt but zilch comfort. I'm looking for a list that provides feedback, preferably on-list which I know a lot of them don't.

I'll be posting it to various websites but I was also hoping to find a list, if someone could recommend one.

Thanks.

Comment

there's a list called SGAfic i think, various pairing specific ones

i can try to look for a link later on tonight if i remember, or just go to the yahoogroups page and search for atlantis lists

there aren't as many as stargate obviously, but there are quite a few
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllieV
              This isn't a fic recommendation but I thought it kind of fit here and I didn't want to waste bandwidth creating a new thread.

I'm looking for an email list to post a lengthy Atlantis fic on. It's nearly finished and is currently around 36,000 words. It's an AU, of sorts. It's very angsty, a little hurt but zilch comfort. I'm looking for a list that provides feedback, preferably on-list which I know a lot of them don't.

I'll be posting it to various websites but I was also hoping to find a list, if someone could recommend one.

Thanks.
              A great group that's very friendly and happy for onlist feedback is SGAHC - they love whumping there too - pretty sure they'll lap it up over there, they seem happy with lots of hurt and AU's and lengthy fics and it's an Atlantis specific group.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sgahc/

Comment

I ruled out SGAHC for various reasons, the main one of which is that there is no whump. There are other reasons, too, which I don't feel I can get into in a public forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  there's a list called SGAfic i think, various pairing specific ones

i can try to look for a link later on tonight if i remember, or just go to the yahoogroups page and search for atlantis lists

there aren't as many as stargate obviously, but there are quite a few
                  Thanks for thinking of that for me.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieV
                    I ruled out SGAHC for various reasons, the main one of which is that there is no whump. There are other reasons, too, which I don't feel I can get into in a public forum.
                    Hmm, they did have some trouble didn't they, few people unsubscribed...
                    Well in that case the only ones I can suggest (and not sure if all allow onlist feedback but thinks so - pretty sure I've given it onlist and no one has bugged me about it)

The one Skydiver mentioned I presume
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SGAfic/

Also
                    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/atlantisfic/

They're the only general ones I can think of but there are several more specific ones I can recommend depending on who the main characters are.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                      Hmm, they did have some trouble didn't they, few people unsubscribed...
                      Not quite what I meant but yeah, part of it.

Comment

oh yey!

i've been looking for a place to do this a while.....finally my chance to inflict my bizzare and throughly warped sence of humour on the lot of ya...

(hey! not just me ya know....after all, *I* didn't write any of this stuff....nope, wasn't me honey...)

Ok, various genre's... (i'm assuming all types are "allowed"..)

Atlantis
                        If you wan't a giggle, and like Sheppard/McKay interaction with a fair bit of Beckett & Zelenka; Geeks and Goons series by Koschka, can be found on fanfiction.net. This is definately the best SGA fic i've read, and it's not slash(though one is a little pre-slash). It's still definately Gen, lots of hurt/comfort, Humour, fair bit of action - hell bit of everything in this. told from Sheppards POV ('cept one), and probably rates PG13 for language and icky verbal graphics.

SG-1
                        I should state for the record at this point that i absolutely *hate* ship fiction...any paring but especially Jack/Sam (how can there be so much literary rubbish out there????????how? HOW???). Having said that i feel i should reccomend this authoress purely because she's a damn fine writer. Ladies & Gents if you want ship, go read anything by Celeste Tyroll (can be found on Jackfic website)

Now, for the slash....As with the ship, i don't like it. Not canon, and not really in line with what we know about the characters. BUT...again as with ship, if it's written well, it can prove to the best read you'll get in months...

So, i strongly suggest you check out these two authoresses..

Biblio; www.jd-divas.com, and Anais; http://versaphile.com/anais/

Biblio and others at jd-divas have done friendship fic's too, all well worth a look. I reccomend specifically 'A curse and a Blessing' - a three parter, part one being purely friendship - lots and lots of warm fluffy's, but lots of laughts too.)

As for Anais - if you read nothing else on that site (and some of it *is* a little dark) then at least read the epic 'Dr Jacksons' Diary' - written Bridget Jones style, a year long tale of the neurotic, oft nut-job and paranoid spacemonkey Dr. J, and the ever elusive coffee pot and cookie jar....oh hell, *now* where'd i put that gun....

And finally, we return to the relative safety and sanity(?!) of Gen fiction. For Jack fans, the Jackfic site is a good place to go, and i can reccommend several author(esses) including Flatkatsi, Gumnet, Gallagator and Charli Booker - Charli especially has written some excellent fic and i specifically suggest you check out amongst others, the episode related series 'This Nest of Sparrows'.

Lastly, i apologise a) for being dumdum and not knowing how to put links - i've tried to supply urls where i can, and b) if i've offended anyone here...t'was not my intention, mon petit bunnies...please forgive me?

VK
                        FBI - Special Agent VonKnibble. Head of the Post-Whump Protectorate
                        There is no point in arguing with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Hah!

I take it back. not dumdum at all.......blessed forum automatically provides links for ya.....awww, how nice!

Here's a few i missed;

http://www.jackfic.com

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/738014/ (Koschka)

Happy reading folks
                          FBI - Special Agent VonKnibble. Head of the Post-Whump Protectorate
                          There is no point in arguing with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

i can almost guarantee that pretty much everyone will find something they like here

Feel free to forward this message to any mailing lists or forums you
                            believe
                            might be interested.

As promised, the Stargate Novel Archive has (finally) been updated with
                            260+
                            new stories. You can find the archive at:

http://sgnovels.shahrazad.net

Happy reading!
                            Acacia

the novel site is the home for nice long stories
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ladies an' Germs, fan-fic stories starring the inafamous Team SG-999 are now available for your delectation at www.sg-999.org.uk enjoy.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

There's a few I found recently by Aeryn (oy, UberAeyrn! Any relation?): The Onion Girl, Drowning, and Dawning, the latter two being a duology. Yes, they're shippy, and yes, they all made me tear up, which may say more about my patheticness than the fic itself. Anyway, they're excellent. Nicely (read: very) angsty. Take a look.
                                --ADDED APPROX. TEN MINUTES LATER--
                                Claira's currently me fav fanfic author. 72 000 is an incredible post-Jolinar fic. Her BSG fanfiction's nothing to sneeze at, either.
                                --THREE MINUTES AFTER THAT--
                                Yes, there is a relation. Duh. About ready to bite me on the nose, too...anyway, Aeryn, I [heart] your fics.
                                Last edited by zats; 28 June 2005, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X