This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fav fanfic authors as follows: ***WARNING: I am a HUGE S/J Shipper***

Vanessa Nichols, Ruth M. King, Sally Reeves, Jo. R. (particularly "Intervention"), Doc aka Sabine Bauer (she's just written a book called "Trial By Fire" published by fandemonium, bit of Jack whumping, but it's all good), Michelle Birkby, DustDevil, Jez, Noda. For Nc-17, Arla and Alli Snow. Karen's also a good author, check them all out at Heliopolis or Sam and Jack Directory.

Andrea M's 'Glass House' is great. Sue Corkill's 'A Wonderful Life'.

Happy Reading

Comment

****HELP WANTED****

Trying to locate a specific fanfic can't remember the title or author. Sam and Jack get stranded on a planet, Sam builds a loom. She tells Jack that she loves him, but he doesn't say it back. When they get home, Sam discovers she is pregant.

It isn't "Godforsaken Planet" by Jen Sweeny either.

BTW another great fic recommendation is "Missing the stars" by Andrea M. and can be found at Stargate Sg-1 novels site.

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
        ****HELP WANTED****

Trying to locate a specific fanfic can't remember the title or author. Sam and Jack get stranded on a planet, Sam builds a loom. She tells Jack that she loves him, but he doesn't say it back. When they get home, Sam discovers she is pregant.

It isn't "Godforsaken Planet" by Jen Sweeny either.

BTW another great fic recommendation is "Missing the stars" by Andrea M. and can be found at Stargate Sg-1 novels site.
        Never mind...I found it. Called "Stranded" by Karen.

Comment

Anyne who likes Jack-whumpage and S/J [canon UST] should check out Celeste Tyroll’s new story, ‘I killed Sam Carter’, over at Heliopolis. It’s awesome!
          I found this trawling around just the other evening and I was absolutely on the edge of my seat throughout the entire thing. It was long (wooohooo!) so I couldn't read it in one sitting. I fell asleep thinking about what was going to happen next and trying to secondguess the author and dived for the pc first thing when I got up to read the second half in one sitting. Couldn't put it down, as they say. <g>

It's dark and very angsty and so detail rich that there were times when I was about screaming with frustration as the situation went on for pages and pages without my being able to even hazard a guess as to what the outcome would be for our heroes, the tension wore me out <g>, but there were a couple of pure character moments that had me laughing out loud when Teal'c and Daniel were just so themselves I almost broke a rib laughing.
          Spoiler:
          Teal'c not telling Daniel Jack was at the cemetary and responding when challenged why not with the absolutely classic Teali'c-ism "If he'd wanted us to know he was there he wouldn't have been hiding." LOL

I was a little disappointed in the end, which I thought was rushed a little and I couldn't really see it happening, but that still didn't stop me loving this one to bits.
          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

0.o It sounds great but I couldn't find it! I had doubts it would be in this archive when I read the part "...over in Heliopolis" but I have no idea where that is either 0.o Forgive me, I'm clueless
            - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
            Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
              Hi
              I've kinda gotten addicted to fanfics over the last two months, and I'm trying to find gen fics concentrating mostly on team based stuff,(I'm a bit shocked with how much is actually out there). Anyway I'm into action/adventure humor etc (non ship) and maybe with a bit of a focus on Daniel.
              So far I've liked Denise, Eve and dietcokechick.

Any recommendations?

P.S. This is my first post ever!!!!

So hello to everyone.
              I am getting some good response to my Stargate Revealed Series. Sounds right up your alley....have fun. The Stargate secret is revealed when aliens come to Earth and page Jack on all frequencies. What are they up to? How does Earth Cope. Posted on the Gateworld Fanfic section.
              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Does anyone have any good general, NON-SHIP fics to recommend?
                Yes, my Stargate Revealed Series here at the Gateworld Fanfic site. Lots of Jack. Lots of team.

What would happen if aliens came to Earth looking for Jack and the secret got out? What do the aliens want? How does Earth cope?

Humor, mystery, point of view, a good time.
                Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

I like to read Ship/action/Adventure stories, but I have been looking for 1 type of story. What I'm looking for is where Sheppard from Atlantis Betrays everyone and where O'neil Betrays everyone. There is also one other romance story I'm looking for and that is Sheppard/Chaya from sancutary.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandar
                    I like to read Ship/action/Adventure stories, but I have been looking for 1 type of story. What I'm looking for is where Sheppard from Atlantis Betrays everyone

I have one that kind of fits into that, the only thing is that Sheppard doesn't do it by his own free will. But that doesn't stop him from doing a lot of damage, it has a bit of action, lots of whumping and one seriously F*&%$# up Major.

Missing in Action

Comment

Anyone got any good recommendations for the following SGA characters, they are minor characters but I do like a decent fic that looks into those who we don't get to see much on show: Sora, Kavanagh, Miko Kusinagi, Dr. Simpson, Grodin or Kolya.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                        A great group that's very friendly and happy for onlist feedback is SGAHC - they love whumping there too - pretty sure they'll lap it up over there, they seem happy with lots of hurt and AU's and lengthy fics and it's an Atlantis specific group.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sgahc/
                        Definitely agree. It's the most active Yahoo Stargate Atlantis fanfic group out there, with yes, h/c (whump) fic, but also angst, humor, drama. Once in a while there's some adult (but not Nc-17) fic but it's clearly labeled.

They take tiny pieces as well as novellas (I know that since I posted an 80+ part angst/whump fic there last month)

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                          Anyone got any good recommendations for the following SGA characters, they are minor characters but I do like a decent fic that looks into those who we don't get to see much on show: Sora, Kavanagh, Miko Kusinagi, Dr. Simpson, Grodin or Kolya.
                          Haven't seen SORA in any fic. KAVANAGH is relegated to be the class-A jerk in fics (well, he's been such an idiot in the series) but he hasn't been the main character. MIKO has been mentioned in passing; ditto with SIMPSON. GRODIN's dead, but he has shown up in some fic, but not a main character, and KOYLA has shown up in fics, usually as Shep's nemesis and of course, Koyla never fares well.

Of the supporting cast, I'd say ZELENKA gets the best showing in fanfiction. He's such a fun character to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                            Haven't seen SORA in any fic. KAVANAGH is relegated to be the class-A jerk in fics (well, he's been such an idiot in the series) but he hasn't been the main character. MIKO has been mentioned in passing; ditto with SIMPSON. GRODIN's [spoiler] dead[spoiler], but he has shown up in some fic, but not a main character, and KOYLA has shown up in fics, usually as Shep's nemesis and of course, Koyla never fares well.

Of the supporting cast, I'd say ZELENKA gets the best showing in fanfiction. He's such a fun character to work with.
                            You haven't seen Sora in any fic? I posted one for her on SGAHC the other day (writing another one as I type), but generally I've read all of about 2 or 3 with her in, all her Pov.

Kavanagh, I've read as many as I've managed to find and yes he's usually a jerk but not always, even seen one or two from his Pov which were interesting (I posted Kav fic links on the appreciation thread for him but I seem to be the only one recommending fics there so far). I'm planning on writing some fics where he's less whiney, but still grouchy and jerk like, just feel like barely any fics treat him as more than a device for plot or someone to complain about. I'd like some character for him in fic, even if he is a jerk too just like on the show.

Simpson, I've only seen one fic from her view (which was also a fic with a Kav pov but Kav/Simpson ship - quite interesting but not the only ship there) and zero mentions of her even as background character so I'm extra desparate for fic recs for her is anyone ever finds any. As it is I'm writing a geeky whump fic with alot of her pov in but writing your own fic for something isn't the same as reading other people's fic for what you want.

I've seen Miko play a good role in several fics including a Miko/Rodney fic, as well as in a darkfic AU at the end a bit and even a funny one with Miko/Rodney where he's trying to convince her she doesn't like him.

Oh and I spoiled Grodin bit because there are many fans from other countries on the boards now coming from season 1, I believe its still airing in France, Australia and a few other countries. Sadly I've not seen any fics with him as a main character.

Seen more fic almost for Kolya than Simpson, even a few sympathetic fics where he isn't just the baddie. Anyway I can dig up links on any of the characters I was requesting for but I'm still rather hopnig someone has found something I haven't managed to.

Comment

Hey guys, great new fic by Sue Corkill called "Letters from the Abyss". It is S/J oriented and NC-17

Comment

I would recommend anything by Knocknashee (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/774208/), especially:
                                "Everybody Hurts": http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2486162/1/
                                "The Last Day of Our Acquaintance": http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2534497/1/

And I wrote a prequel/sequel to "The Last Day..." that I'm particularly proud of:
                                "Safety Glass": http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2536240/1/

Originally posted by Alexandar
                                There is also one other romance story I'm looking for and that is Sheppard/Chaya from sancutary.
                                I have one that sort of fits that... it's an episode tag to "Sanctuary", and there's a little Shep/Chaya romance... for a while...
                                "Behind the Façade": http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2270843/1/]
                                Last edited by CeeKay Sheppard; 19 August 2005, 06:35 AM.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X