No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got both but I downloaded to the PC. I did unzip the file but I'll try it again and see if I missed something. I did it at work this morning while multi-tasking so its possible I missed something.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      I tried downloading the first zip file but when I went to open the documents, they wouldn't open
      *hugs* It worked fine for me.

Pol can it be btw that not all stories are complete?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        *hugs* It worked fine for me.

Pol can it be btw that not all stories are complete?
        Could be. Tammy, the d/l takes a while (1-2 min), the zipped file is HUGE. Maybe that was it. ::: shrug :::
        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4862920/1/

a cute little sam/jack valantine's fic
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            I think by this you mean that if I make a link to a zipped file that just has a pile of fic in it, that's okay? And yes, I believe that most, if not all, still have the original headers as pulled from ff.net.

Just want to be sure I understood your last bit.

Edit. If that's the case, anyone who wants to d/l the zipped folders, go here.
            I was able to extract them and open them just fine. Thanks, Pol, for sharing these with all of us! I've read some of them...but many are new to me.

Very thoughtful of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4862920/1/
              a cute little sam/jack valantine's fic
              Oh I love it. Very nice!! Thanks Sky!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Slightly worn but dignified by wanderingsmith

I just read this and it was really good. Angst, great insight into what makes Jack and Sam tick, and a supply closet. Who could ask for anything more?

Seriously, it is an especially good portrait of Jack post-Season 8.

Comment

I totally posted this question in the wrong thread earlier so apologies for those of you who follow both threads and read this twice!

Does anyone have a recommendation of where I can post a story in script format that won't mess up the formatting? I can upload it as a pdf, doc, txt or anything but when I tried on fanfiction.net, it totally screwed with the formatting. I'd like to post it on ONE site, where I can keep the comments all together. I'd prefer that to be fanfiction.net but unless someone has an easy way of keeping the formatting intact when I upload, that won't work
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                    Who could ask for anything more?
                    Well . . . she didn't have to end it where she did . . . I was just as frustrated as I imagine Jack was . . . LOL!
                    sigpic

Comment

Well . . . she didn't have to end it where she did . . . I was just as frustrated as I imagine Jack was . . . LOL!
                      Perhaps there will be a sequel.

Comment

I totally posted this question in the wrong thread earlier so apologies for those of you who follow both threads and read this twice!

Does anyone have a recommendation of where I can post a story in script format that won't mess up the formatting? I can upload it as a pdf, doc, txt or anything but when I tried on fanfiction.net, it totally screwed with the formatting. I'd like to post it on ONE site, where I can keep the comments all together. I'd prefer that to be fanfiction.net but unless someone has an easy way of keeping the formatting intact when I upload, that won't work
                        You might try Sam and Jack Always and Forever, which is the Adult fic archive for S/J fic. I know you can post non-Adult fic there too.

http://sjalways-forever.jackandsamfo...cent&offset=10

or

Heliopolis, which is a general archive for all pairings and gen fic. No adult or slash stories though.

http://sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/index.php

I wish I could help you out on the formatting thing on FF.net, but I haven't posted anything there recently. I'm not sure what's up with the formatting changes.

Comment

What exactly is happening with your formatting? I haven't posted in awhile, but I never seemed to have the problems that other people had...
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

ff.net strips out ALL formatting now. too many spam attacks. no symbols beyond basic punctuation are allowed, if you want special formatting (Or in my opinion normal formatting) you have to upload it and then use their nice and slow and unweildy editor to 'fix' your fic

It was a big issue because they didn't tell anyone they were stripping out all symbols. they just did it a few months ago, which removed all the chapter breaks, some foreign language letters, heck you can't even have elipses there anymore (the ... that denote a pause in speaking)

You can understand why they did it, but the change was handled in a very high handed manner (as in, oh yeah, as some of you have noticed.....) as a response to complaints from authors as to why their fic were now reduced to endless streams of paragraphs with no chapter markers.

you can't even double space between paragraphs, that is stripped out as well. And you can't even tell people 'hey, it's on my site....' because web addresses are stripped as well.

If an author writes short fic, they probably don't have much of a problem. It was the long fic that was more effected. or poems and other things that had unique formatting. And it wasn't just that things were changed, it was also the lack of communication about the changes

Not that i have an opinion or anything
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Pol - thank you for that zip, I've got limited internet access these days and you just saved me a whole lot of time saving fic to my hard drive to read later.

And this is kind of OT, but I just discovered another time saver when it comes to grabbing multi-chapter fics from fanfic.net - this program will automatically save all the chapters to one file.

(Also, hi, I'm kinda new!)
                              la vita nuova (fic journal)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                                What exactly is happening with your formatting? I haven't posted in awhile, but I never seemed to have the problems that other people had...
                                It's taking all my lovely formatting and left aligining it

If you've got a solution, I'll love you forever because this thing is 100 pages long. I'd prefer to put it up on ff.net vs any other location because I do like how it saves the reviews. Though I haven't looked at the fic posting here at Gateworld as an option. Maybe I'll look into that as well.

Welcome dizzydame!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X