Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    It's taking all my lovely formatting and left aligining it

If you've got a solution, I'll love you forever because this thing is 100 pages long. I'd prefer to put it up on ff.net vs any other location. Though I haven't looked at the fic posting here at Gateworld.

The fic uploader at GW is down and has been down for a while now. I'm not sure when they are going to have it up and running again. Until that time, no one can post fic at GW. If your story is Jack-centric, you can also post it at Jackfic.com.

Comment

it's jackfic.net

.com doesn't exist anymore
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        It's taking all my lovely formatting and left aligining it

If you've got a solution, I'll love you forever because this thing is 100 pages long. I'd prefer to put it up on ff.net vs any other location because I do like how it saves the reviews. Though I haven't looked at the fic posting here at Gateworld as an option. Maybe I'll look into that as well.

Welcome dizzydame!
        Sorry hon. I don't have a solution for that... But then, because of the way I write most of my stories, it's never really been a problem for me...

And do you happen to have the links for those fics in your zip file? Because I'd rather put my faves into my ff downloader instead of save them into Word. If so, could you maybe PM them to me?
        Last edited by TrueRomantic; 18 February 2009, 04:44 PM.
        sigpic
        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Ok, well, I uploaded the teaser onto ff.net. I hate how it looks but hopefully it'll be easy enough to follow.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1717603/TamsIam

I haven't gotten around to re-downloading Pol's zip file yet
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Here's one:

I'm in the middle of the astonishingly well written fic Liberating Males. Kiddies, be sure to check the rating on this story, but good golly it's a fantastically written work of fiction.

(sorry for the crosspost if you also read this on the shipper thread).
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

In the can't put it down category, Jadedfirefly's The Ninth Chevron is unbelievable.

My apologies if you're seeing this in more than one spot, I'm gonna rec it everywhere.

Fantastic plot, well-written (NO typo's!!), great grammar, excellent, truly excellent character portrayal's. And, best of all, subtle S/J ship (but not overwhelming for non shipper's).

Run, do not walk, to this fic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                In the can't put it down category, Jadedfirefly's The Ninth Chevron is unbelievable.

My apologies if you're seeing this in more than one spot, I'm gonna rec it everywhere.

Fantastic plot, well-written (NO typo's!!), great grammar, excellent, truly excellent character portrayal's. And, best of all, subtle S/J ship (but not overwhelming for non shipper's).

Run, do not walk, to this fic.
                I've been watching this one with interest, Pol...but was waiting until it was finished.

It's my hang-up, but I don't like having multiple stories going at a time. I like to wait until something is done...then read it all at once.

Can you tell us if it's finished?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                  I've been watching this one with interest, Pol...but was waiting until it was finished.

It's my hang-up, but I don't like having multiple stories going at a time. I like to wait until something is done...then read it all at once.

She finished it a while ago, so you can now enjoy.

I believe she is working on another WIP right now called "Do Not Go Gentle," which is also excellent. It has a tiny little bit of ship, but is mostly a really good Sam!whump story. I'll try to remember to drop by and post when she completes it.

Do Not Go Gentle

Comment

i wish ff.net would send out messages to those watching stories when theyr'e complete.

i hate reading a wip while it's in progress, i want the whole thing done.....so i just keep the latest author alert and, when i dont' see a new one after a few days, go and look for that 'complete' or 'the end' tag

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I try not to get involved in WIP's because I don't like to get invested in a good story only to never see it finished.

I agree The Ninth Chevron is a very good story. One of the best.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post

I'm with you, I don't do WIP's. You'll know something's finished if I rec it, 'cause I hate to be left hanging. I was in the middle of a great JAG fic the other day that simply...ended! No resolution, nothing. I emailed the author and she said, "Oh, no. I got bored, it won't ever be completed." Are you kidding? Then take it down!

SOrry, minor rant.

Yup, The Ninth Chevron is finished, and most brilliantly done.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i wish ff.net would send out messages to those watching stories when theyr'e complete.

i hate reading a wip while it's in progress, i want the whole thing done.....so i just keep the latest author alert and, when i dont' see a new one after a few days, go and look for that 'complete' or 'the end' tag
                          See...that's me too. And just a couple of times, I've been burned by a fic that was never finished. I'm just trying to lessen my chances of disappointment.

Thanks for the word that it's complete, Melora! I'll download it tonight.

Comment

when i look at ff.net, if i don't see 'complete' beside a fic, i don't even look into it

so folks, if you upload fic onto ff.net, please mark complete

sigpic

Comment

But only if it really is.
                              sigpic
                              Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/118638.html

It's a link to links to some short prompt fics. Lots of fun to read.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X