No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't really participated in this project but I would like to make a suggestion. To eliminate confusion I would agree that the thread title for the "master list" be something general but the initial post should explain our project and invite other ships or interests to create their own lists that can be added by the mods. Just so that it's clear that this thread wouldn't itself include links to fics directly and also that the season lists, etc. that we have compiled are explicitly S/J.

Just my $.02. Ignore me if that's not helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
      Well, before I post the "master list" you want to make categories for the other things we've talked about along the way? (Or I can, if you know what we need - goodness knows you're already policing a bunch of the lists...) That way the master list really is a master list and we can leave the mods alone about it? Perhaps we ought to be asking for other (final, sort of) category ideas over at the appreciation thread...
      I agree with Hlndncr about having a general list, as for the Sam/Jack List this is what we have so far:

Stories are Sam/Jack shippy unless otherwise noted.

Fanfiction Set in a Specific Season

I don't know what other lists everyone else has considered but I'd love to have a pre and post series list. I know those all fall under the AU fic list but it'd be nice to give them there own place like some of our favorite shippy episodes. AU fics can take place during any point during the season, before, or after but it'd be nice to have a place to go if you wanted to only read a specific timeline. It would fit with the Season Lists, but that's just my take on it. We do need someone to create the Cabin list though. Anyone else have ideas on other lists?

Another thought is that someone should go post on the general fanfiction search thread, if it's active, and ask people over there about the lists they've created for other ships. Or we could post on some of the other ships apprication threads if they have one. Even have lists for Atlantis fics, I think I've seen a couple of those floating around.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
        I agree with Hlndncr about having a general list, as for the Sam/Jack List this is what we have so far:

I don't know what other lists everyone else has considered but I'd love to have a pre and post series list. I know those all fall under the AU fic list but it'd be nice to give them there own place like some of our favorite shippy episodes. AU fics can take place during any point during the season, before, or after but it'd be nice to have a place to go if you wanted to only read a specific timeline. It would fit with the Season Lists, but that's just my take on it. We do need someone to create the Cabin list though. Anyone else have ideas on other lists?

Another thought is that someone should go post on the general fanfiction search thread, if it's active, and ask people over there about the lists they've created for other ships. Or we could post on some of the other ships apprication threads if they have one. Even have lists for Atlantis fics, I think I've seen a couple of those floating around.
        Okay, I'll start the Pre and Post season lists as well as the Cabin list so you don't have to take more on, meredithe5. Unless you just really want to handle them. I'm going to run over to the appreciation thread and ask for any other reccomendations people might have. Hey, Ikorni (or anyone else that's into this sort of thing)...how about pre-series, post-series, and cabin banners?

And I think hlndncr is right about letting people know what's the what over on the general fic thread. It'll be nice to have them involved with a master list if they'd like to be. So...I'm on a mission. I like missions!
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Okay, I'll start the Pre and Post season lists as well as the Cabin list so you don't have to take more on, meredithe5. Unless you just really want to handle them. I'm going to run over to the appreciation thread and ask for any other reccomendations people might have. Hey, Ikorni (or anyone else that's into this sort of thing)...how about pre-series, post-series, and cabin banners?

And I think hlndncr is right about letting people know what's the what over on the general fic thread. It'll be nice to have them involved with a master list if they'd like to be. So...I'm on a mission. I like missions!
          Sounds great!! Thanks for making the lists Now we'll just have to fill them in with stories, same goes for the season lists.
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds great!! Thanks for making the lists Now we'll just have to fill them in with stories, same goes for the season lists.
            It's my pleasure.

Things are super-slow at work right now. I might as well be shipping.

Comment

It's my pleasure.

Things are super-slow at work right now. I might as well be shipping.
              Off-topic

Spoiler:
              Lol there's never a bad time to ship I've introduced my dad to the world of Stargate SG-1 and Sam/Jack and he's in love with Sam/Amanda... and has dubbed her the Porthole Princess! I have a feeling he'll call her that if he ever meets Amanda Tapping lol.
              sigpic

Comment

New lists now taking submissions:

Cabin Fics
                Together Without Children
                Pre-Series Fics
                Post-Series Fics

ETA: Banners are needed for each!

Comment

Off-topic

Spoiler:
                  Lol there's never a bad time to ship I've introduced my dad to the world of Stargate SG-1 and Sam/Jack and he's in love with Sam/Amanda... and has dubbed her the Porthole Princess! I have a feeling he'll call her that if he ever meets Amanda Tapping lol.

Spoilered for OT
                  Spoiler:

Dad's are the best, aren't they? Yeah, mine would have loved AT and the show if he'd known it was on. Alas, while he was alive it was on Showtime and I think that's the one channel we didn't have!]

Comment

I've created two lists, one for the other ships so that could be added to the general masterlist post, I've also created one for fics about the other teams, cause there's one for SG.1. I'm thinking of making more but I'm not sure what yet. Anyway hope you don't mind me making this comment in here.
                    sigpic
                    McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
                    Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
                    ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Sure thing. I'll see what I can come up with.
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                        Sure thing. I'll see what I can come up with.
                        You rock! Thank you!

Comment

You guys have been busy with ALL the lists!
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            You guys have been busy with ALL the lists!
                            We took a pretty long break, but it does look like we're back to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
                              I've created two lists, one for the other ships so that could be added to the general masterlist post, I've also created one for fics about the other teams, cause there's one for SG.1. I'm thinking of making more but I'm not sure what yet. Anyway hope you don't mind me making this comment in here.
                              Not at all Could you link them for us so we can add them to the Master List.
                              sigpic

Comment

New lists now taking submissions:

Cabin Fics
                                Together Without Children
                                Pre-Series Fics
                                Post-Series Fics

ETA: Banners are needed for each!
                                OK, I'm done with the post-series banner, not to sure where to give it to you though. Anyway, the link's here. Working on the rest now and will pass them to you as soon as I'm able!
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X