Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cort View Post
    Sweet! Thanks so much
    No problem. I have a few favorites that were located on SJ Always and Forever and now I can't find them. I've been searching other sites for them. This was one of them.
    sigpic
    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I know this one, but I don't remember the author at the moment. I'm thinking it's Tribal Matriarch, but I don't see tht title in her list of stories. She isn't on ff.net. And her list on Heliopolis doesn't include that title. Could be another author, though.
      Unfortunately it's not hers, I too actually thought of her when I was attempting to list the authors who could have written the fic, but couldn't find anything under her name. I was thinking maybe she had removed it, but thanks to TrueRomantic for recognising it as one of JenCamps.

Thank you for looking for me. I've posted a link below if you're interested in re-reading!

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
      Unless I'm mistaken, that's by Jen Camp. She has a profile on ff.net with some fics, but that one isn't there. It was, I believe, posted on Always and Forever, so good luck...I'd say maybe you could try to contact her through ff.net, but unless I'm blind, she doesn't have any contact info and no way to PM her. Perhaps a review of a story?
      OMG!!! Yes, Thank you, It is JenCamp and as soon as you mentioned Always and Forever I remembered how I found it the last time.

If anyone is interested in reading it you can via here Not You Again! (Give the link a few seconds to load past the wayback screen) You will have to return to this page to read the individual chapters each time but its the only way I know to access the Always and Forever site.

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
      No problem. I have a few favorites that were located on SJ Always and Forever and now I can't find them. I've been searching other sites for them. This was one of them.
      Do you know which fic's they are or the authors? I may be able to get to them via the archive site like I have for the fic I linked above.

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
        I used to post over there myself so I know a few of the authors. Any in particular stories or authors you were searching for?
        "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

here is a short stranded story I came across on Heliopolis that I hadn't read before and thought I would share since I know there are others that love them as much as I do

Past the Breakers and the Markers by Nanda

Summary: “On the plus side, Anubis had no way to find them, either.”
          Rated: 13+
          sigpic
          Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

here is a short stranded story I came across on Heliopolis that I hadn't read before and thought I would share since I know there are others that love them as much as I do

Aw, that was cute. I liked it! Thanks for the rec!

Comment

Very cute. Thanks!
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Thank you for the reminder. I read this a long time ago and enjoyed it a lot.

Comment

I'm hunting another fic. I can't recall many of the salient details, but I do remember: something happens and Sam runs off to a beach house (I really think it's in California) after not telling anyone where she was going; the house she rents belongs to an older woman; there's a scene where Jack has a cigarette with the older woman (and Jack's hiding the smoking from Sam); a scene where the woman falls off her porch and Jack and Sam are with her... I could probably come up with some more but I thought perhaps this would ring a bell with somebody.
                  Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                    I'm hunting another fic. I can't recall many of the salient details, but I do remember: something happens and Sam runs off to a beach house (I really think it's in California) after not telling anyone where she was going; the house she rents belongs to an older woman; there's a scene where Jack has a cigarette with the older woman (and Jack's hiding the smoking from Sam); a scene where the woman falls off her porch and Jack and Sam are with her... I could probably come up with some more but I thought perhaps this would ring a bell with somebody.
                    Damn - I know this fic but can't find it - I'll keep looking tonight - I just read it a few days ago.

EDIT: I've been looking for a few hours now but can't find it.
                    Last edited by Chelle DB; 31 May 2012, 03:44 AM.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I apologize for taking up another post, I'd have merely edited my previous post but, alas, I cannot. (Perhaps this is a function of being new to posting at these baords? I can't seem to edit my profile either...)

I remember some other details...

The old woman has dogs (and her name might even be Aggie - or something similar - the woman, that is, not one of the dogs) and those dogs stay with Sam and Jack. There might have even been a scene with a storm and the dogs sleeping in the bedroom/bed with Sam (and possibly Sam & Jack if it's gotten to that point in the story).

The woman has a grown son who is a truck driver.

There's mention at some point of an old Indian motorcycle that might have belonged to the woman's son or departed husband.

Comment

I apologize for taking up another post, I'd have merely edited my previous post but, alas, I cannot. (Perhaps this is a function of being new to posting at these baords? I can't seem to edit my profile either...)
                        It appears you are what's called a "newbie", which means you are on probation for a short period of time. All new people are. After you've made about 15-20 posts, you should be free to edit your own posts and your profile and do some other stuff as well.

There's a thread on the General Forum that says what all the rules and regulations are and explains a lot of questions. You should check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          There's a thread on the General Forum that says what all the rules and regulations are and explains a lot of questions. You should check it out.
                          I think I've hit bits and pieces of the info there (the only reason I suspected my limited range of motion was related to my newness - and can I just say there's something kind of neat about being *new* somewhere again?) but I really think I need to go give that thread some undivided attention. Thank you!

Comment

I think I've hit bits and pieces of the info there (the only reason I suspected my limited range of motion was related to my newness - and can I just say there's something kind of neat about being *new* somewhere again?) but I really think I need to go give that thread some undivided attention. Thank you!
                            We were all newbie's once, me...not so long ago. lol The forums are very welcoming though
                            "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                              We were all newbie's once, me...not so long ago. lol The forums are very welcoming though

We're a lovely bunch of people some crazier than others
                              sigpic
                              Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post

We're a lovely bunch of people some crazier than others
                                Who you callin' crazy?! haha

Comment

Working...
                                X