Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercurial View Post
    The registration of Heliopolis has been renewed and the site is back up and running.
    Cool
    "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Mercurial View Post
      The registration of Heliopolis has been renewed and the site is back up and running.
      WooHoo!!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I started a new fic this morning called Next of Kin. It is by Vinividivinci and I love her stuff. It is a WIP though.
        sigpic
        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Hi there,

None of you know me probably, but I used to be very into Sam/Jack. And recently I'm feeling an urge to reread SJ fanfic ... especially now that I own an ereader
          I have lots of fic saved on my computer, but seem to be missing the fic of Shiaw Mei Mei. I do have her site, but does anyone by any chance has her fic conveniently saved into word already? I would be very happy if someone would send through PM.

And to throw in a rec Though I'm sure everyone has read it lol. Not how I pictured this by Veep.
          SG-1 and General O'Neill are being held at a breeding camp. Can they escape and what will they have to do?
          This is the link to PG version on FFnet, there's also an adult version on Helio.

Oh ... waves at Amy and Chelle ... guess some people will know me
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            Hi there,

None of you know me probably, but I used to be very into Sam/Jack. And recently I'm feeling an urge to reread SJ fanfic ... especially now that I own an ereader
            I have lots of fic saved on my computer, but seem to be missing the fic of Shiaw Mei Mei. I do have her site, but does anyone by any chance has her fic conveniently saved into word already? I would be very happy if someone would send through PM.

And to throw in a rec Though I'm sure everyone has read it lol. Not how I pictured this by Veep. This is the link to PG version on FFnet, there's also an adult version on Helio.

Lies!!!! Long time no see!
            sigpic
            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Hi there,

And to throw in a rec Though I'm sure everyone has read it lol. Not how I pictured this by Veep. This is the link to PG version on FFnet, there's also an adult version on Helio.

You presume too much! Certainly, there are people who remember you!
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                Lies!!!! Long time no see!
                Yay! I know!
                Time has gone really fast. With being pregnant and having a baby! Who is now almost 2 years old btw ... lol.

In the meanwhile I did manage to watch all seasons of SG1 and SGA too .. hehe.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                You presume too much! Certainly, there are people who remember you!
                I notice! That makes me happy

Although I'm not really into fandom anymore (though, still in touch with peole I met through fandom, how awesome is that) Sam and Jack will always have a place in my shippy heart, not my first, but very much the best ship, not to mention all the wonderful fanfic!

And thanks to Hedwig I'm now converting all MeiMeis fic to my ereader Thank you!
                sigpic

Comment

Yay! I know!
                  Time has gone really fast. With being pregnant and having a baby! Who is now almost 2 years old btw ... lol.

In the meanwhile I did manage to watch all seasons of SG1 and SGA too .. hehe.

I notice! That makes me happy

Although I'm not really into fandom anymore (though, still in touch with peole I met through fandom, how awesome is that) Sam and Jack will always have a place in my shippy heart, not my first, but very much the best ship, not to mention all the wonderful fanfic!

And thanks to Hedwig I'm now converting all MeiMeis fic to my ereader Thank you!
                  What kind of ereader do you have? I'm curious because I have a Sony ereader, which accepts certain formats that my Nook ereader doesn't accept. Do you have a program of some kind to convert the stories to fit your ereader?

Comment

Does anyone know any Sam/Jack fics where Sam is still a host to Jolinar? I wonder how that will affect Sam/Jack in the long run...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      What kind of ereader do you have? I'm curious because I have a Sony ereader, which accepts certain formats that my Nook ereader doesn't accept. Do you have a program of some kind to convert the stories to fit your ereader?
                      I have a Kobo touch. It reads PDF and EPUB, I use Epub.
                      I have DLed a very nice little programme that converts FFnet fics into epub: http://fanfictiondownloader.net/ (with thanks to Sky). Super super easy.
                      As for other stuff: I save them in word, then print them to PDF (with Bullzip or cute PDF printer).
                      Then I use Calibre, which I use anyway to keep my whole library organised, for converting from PDF to EPUB. (Calibre doesn't support Worddocs, hence the printing to PDF).

Hope that helps!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                        Does anyone know any Sam/Jack fics where Sam is still a host to Jolinar? I wonder how that will affect Sam/Jack in the long run...
                        Denise's Changing Fate series is pretty good. If I remember correctly there is an S/J slant, and the premise of the fic is that Jolinar was able to get through the Gate with Sam during ITLOD. Lemme see if I can link.... Yup. Here's a link to Changing Fate on FF.net.

It's posted elsewhere as well, but FF.net was the most easily accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                          Almost all such fics that I have come across have Sam stay with the Tok'ra and Sam and Jack never get much, if ever any, traction.

There are a couple of fics that had an S/J taste to them. In one (I've forgotten the title) Jolinar took Sam to the Gate and stayed with the Tok'ra. Fast forward to One Hundred Days, Jack is stuck and Sam/Jolinar crashes on Edora. While Sam was away Martouf/Lantash basically where they left of. While on Edora or before (it's been so long) Jolinar dies while keeping Sam alive. The Tok'ra rescue Sam but leave Jack behind. Sam arranges for Jack to be rescued and the SGC and Tok'ra begin a relationship. The fic ends with Sam and Jack agreeing to see to is there is something there.

Another more recent fic with Sam still a host to Jolinar is Unbearable Choices by Gen Varel. Jolinar takes Sam through the gate by taking Daniel hostage and gets away. Sam and Jolinar agree to remain unblended but together. Sam also agrees to only let Martouf sleep and only sleep in the same bed. Sam with Jolinar's full consent makes agreement that their arrangement is strictly temporary and let Sam return to the SGC. During one mission Jack and Sam meet up. Jack thinks Sam is a Goa'uld host and doesn't trust her. But Jack does help with Sam's mission. Afterwards Sam agrees to take Jack to the Tok'ra base to basically set-up an arrangement with the SGC. The fic ends there but Gen has two sequels planned.
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                            Almost all such fics that I have come across have Sam stay with the Tok'ra and Sam and Jack never get much, if ever any, traction.

There are a couple of fics that had an S/J taste to them. In one (I've forgotten the title) Jolinar took Sam to the Gate and stayed with the Tok'ra. Fast forward to One Hundred Days, Jack is stuck and Sam/Jolinar crashes on Edora. While Sam was away Martouf/Lantash basically where they left of. While on Edora or before (it's been so long) Jolinar dies while keeping Sam alive. The Tok'ra rescue Sam but leave Jack behind. Sam arranges for Jack to be rescued and the SGC and Tok'ra begin a relationship. The fic ends with Sam and Jack agreeing to see to is there is something there.

Another more recent fic with Sam still a host to Jolinar is Unbearable Choices by Gen Varel. Jolinar takes Sam through the gate by taking Daniel hostage and gets away. Sam and Jolinar agree to remain unblended but together. Sam also agrees to only let Martouf sleep and only sleep in the same bed. Sam with Jolinar's full consent makes agreement that their arrangement is strictly temporary and let Sam return to the SGC. During one mission Jack and Sam meet up. Jack thinks Sam is a Goa'uld host and doesn't trust her. But Jack does help with Sam's mission. Afterwards Sam agrees to take Jack to the Tok'ra base to basically set-up an arrangement with the SGC. The fic ends there but Gen has two sequels planned.
                            Huh. This is the one that might have had the S/J slant. I read them too quickly, too close together.

So the one I recc'd may or may not have that slant was speaking of... Heheheh.

Comment

I also have the secrecy trilogy but I can't recall if it's jolinar or another tokra sam has
                              I do remember that she stays blended
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Is that the one where a blended Sam has to help Martouf rescue Rosha? Who apparently isn't dead?

Comment

Working...
                                X