Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
    In general I find LJ to be a pain in the mikta, but there are some who read only over there. My fic is over at ff.net (linky below)...and I have a link to my LJ which I've created a master post (at the top) that you can see a list (but there are things I haven't moved to LJ yet, so it's not quite comprehensive).

If the writer is savvy, they've tagged their fic, so you can click on "User Info" and you'll see next to the name "X tags" (x being the number). If you click on it, it will list all their tags and usually I look for "fanfic" or "s/j" or "sam/jack" or some variation thereof.
    I've tried LJ several times, and gotten so frustrated each time that I've given up. Maybe one day I'll try again. . .

Until then, FF.net is my friend.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by akamaimom View Post
      i've tried lj several times, and gotten so frustrated each time that i've given up. Maybe one day i'll try again. . .

Until then, ff.net is my friend.
      ditto
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
        In general I find LJ to be a pain in the mikta, but there are some who read only over there. My fic is over at ff.net (linky below)...and I have a link to my LJ which I've created a master post (at the top) that you can see a list (but there are things I haven't moved to LJ yet, so it's not quite comprehensive).

If the writer is savvy, they've tagged their fic, so you can click on "User Info" and you'll see next to the name "X tags" (x being the number). If you click on it, it will list all their tags and usually I look for "fanfic" or "s/j" or "sam/jack" or some variation thereof.
        Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        I've tried LJ several times, and gotten so frustrated each time that I've given up. Maybe one day I'll try again. . .

Until then, FF.net is my friend.
        Originally posted by Pol View Post
        ditto
        I felt the same way at first, but considering the number of writers that post there exclusively and not on FFN, it's worth the hassle. It seemed a lot of writers got fed up with FFN after they screwed with the formatting and went to LJ.
        Nynaeve is right about the tags. It makes it so much easier. It's a pain when they don't tag. Also some, like Annerbhp have a "Master Fic List" at the top of their home page which is the easiest way to find a writer's fic.
        Over the next few days I'll get a list together, with hyperlinks that go directly to the Jack and Sam stories.
        God knows you can never get enough J&S stories.
        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by cdm View Post
          I felt the same way at first, but considering the number of writers that post there exclusively and not on FFN, it's worth the hassle. It seemed a lot of writers got fed up with FFN after they screwed with the formatting and went to LJ.
          Nynaeve is right about the tags. It makes it so much easier. It's a pain when they don't tag. Also some, like Annerbhp have a "Master Fic List" at the top of their home page which is the easiest way to find a writer's fic.
          Over the next few days I'll get a list together, with hyperlinks that go directly to the Jack and Sam stories.
          God knows you can never get enough J&S stories.
          Thanks, that would be really great to have a list with links!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            I was just wondering if someone can help me with 2 fics that I'm looking for.
            I thought one of them was called "it will never be over" but I can't find that title but basically it's about Sam and Jack being married with 2 kids and they are getting a divorce and Sam gets pregnant with the third baby after she sleeps with Jack after they break up. Then in the court room, Jack finds out about the baby but Sam's lawyer tries to tell Jack it's not his baby but when Sam faints, she tells Jack that the baby is his.

Hope someone can find at least one of these fics. Cheers.
            This one is "Personal Battles" by Venom_69

The second part of the story is entitled "The Battle's Never Really Over," so that is probably what you were thinking of.

I know I have read the other story too, I just don't remember the author right now. I'll look around my hard drive and see if I can find it later.

ETA: Could the second story be "What Life Throws at You" by Shanna?
            Last edited by Melora; 18 November 2010, 06:59 PM. Reason: found story

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
              Good God, I spent the entire day looking for this story at FF.net, I knew I had read it! It was driving me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                This one is "Personal Battles" by Venom_69
                The second part of the story is entitled "The Battle's Never Really Over," so that is probably what you were thinking of.
                I know I have read the other story too, I just don't remember the author right now. I'll look around my hard drive and see if I can find it later.
                Yay!! That's them But the first one is longer than I remember and it did go by the title "The battles never really over". But thank you...I've bookmarked them again...I think I lost them when my old computer had a meltdown.
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

It's really interesting to read how ppl feel about LJ vs FF.net. I hate FFN. I find it clunky and redundant. I read there only when ppl post links and there's no LJ version available. LJ, I love. I find it much easier and elegant. Also easier for me to comment there because I'm always logged in. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I have the worst time finding fic on LJ, that's why I don't read fic there.
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

i like ff.net simply because i can download the fic off there. on LJ it's too hard to find and i have to cut and paste and deal iwth the posters' sometimes unreadable styles. (like small white print on black....unreadable)

both places have their merits and drawbacks
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I like FF.net because it's easier to find many fics in a single place. Besides, the communities and the search engine can be useful for finding specific fics (like 'stranded in a planet' or baby fics, for example).

I'm an LJ lover, though. I'm mostly there for the communities, because I'm not the most frequent blogger. I think that in order to enjoy LJ you gotta have an account. It doesn't need to be a paid account of anything, and you certainly don't need to blog. But when you join the communities and start reading the updates in your friends list, it gets much easier to find fics. And once you like an author, you can always go to their LJ and search for other fics - most authors have search tags or even a masterlist of fics.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i like ff.net simply because i can download the fic off there. on LJ it's too hard to find and i have to cut and paste and deal iwth the posters' sometimes unreadable styles. (like small white print on black....unreadable)

both places have their merits and drawbacks
                          I used to copy and past stories from LJ, but recently I discovered if I click "save" under "file", and then "text" (under "save as type"), it will save the whole document. I might have to do a little adjusting in the saved file, but it hasn't been a problem.

Comment

Hey, it have been exploreing everyone fic recs for a while now, but there is one i am particularily looking for a fic where Sam get turned into a baby by an Ancient device and Jack ends up bring her up, and when she gets older, Sam finds herself attracted to Jack, and if i remember correctly they make love in a barn, but i might be wrong on that last bit. I know i read it on FF.Net, could be rated M.

Thanks Kelly

Comment

I know we had this discussion before so excuse me if I'm bringing it up again but...

Nook or Kindle??? What works better for fanfic? My old Sony Reader can accept Word but it doesn't have the WiFi capability and less storage space. But what about those PDFs instead of Word? I forgot, is there a program for speedy PDFs like that for Word when copying fanfic dot net?

Advice and tips welcome!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                It's really interesting to read how ppl feel about LJ vs FF.net. I hate FFN. I find it clunky and redundant. I read there only when ppl post links and there's no LJ version available. LJ, I love. I find it much easier and elegant. Also easier for me to comment there because I'm always logged in. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
                                LJ works okay, but in general I find it too busy. I don't like posting either...but I do. I do like that it's a better venue for graphics because I wish I could post graphics with my stories sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X