An Affinity what if scene...
    Need to Know by exduck Rated T
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5430477/1/Need_to_Know#
    sigpic

Comment

Post Point of View fic rec, a bit angsty:

Like Kissing A Stranger

Comment

Was reminded of this fic from a discussion on the Sam & Jack ship thread.

Sam & Jack get stuck on an agrarian planet and are unable to dial the gate.
        Jack's a BGen and Sam's a LtCol and engaged to Pete

Gail Delaney's Twilight which be read on Always & Forever, ff.net or on her homepage with pictures!
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Okay, I gotta ask... how many fics out there have Sam and Jack together? Yeah I think she and he always had a thing, but every fic I read tends to have them together.

They weren't together because of military regulation. Usually one is retired or something.

But... how prevalent is this relationship? It seems that 99% of the stories I read had them in a relationship (one may be dead/missing), imply it, or have them in a current relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
            Okay, I gotta ask... how many fics out there have Sam and Jack together? Yeah I think she and he always had a thing, but every fic I read tends to have them together.

They weren't together because of military regulation. Usually one is retired or something.

But... how prevalent is this relationship? It seems that 99% of the stories I read had them in a relationship (one may be dead/missing), imply it, or have them in a current relationship.
            Well, for many people (and not all, I might add) fanfic, whether writing or reading, is a way of exploring the 'what if' scenarios or 'behind the scenes' of the show i.e. the things we never got to see. In some cases, what some people think should have happened.

The fact that Sam and Jack have feelings for each other is canon as this was demonstrated and mentioned many times in the show (Divide and Conquer is a main example here). But because it has never been confirmed, many get frustrated with this.

There are many different type of fics out there, featuring relationships (het and slash), AU's, team etc. Depending on what you are looking for, there are numurous archives out there to suit all tastes. If you don't like a certain type of fic, move on to something you do like. Not everyone sees eye to eye, and even those who enjoy reading the same genre disagree over some of the fics they read.

Comment

jack and sam is the major het pairing of the show, so most het fic will be about them

jack and daniel is the major slash pairing on the show, so most slash fic will be about them

if youi're looking for 'paringless' fic, try looking for fic labeled as 'gen', which should not be based around a pairing
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Please don't feed the troll, especially one who so obviously cannot read the title of this thread.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                  Well, for many people (and not all, I might add) fanfic, whether writing or reading, is a way of exploring the 'what if' scenarios or 'behind the scenes' of the show i.e. the things we never got to see. In some cases, what some people think should have happened.

The fact that Sam and Jack have feelings for each other is canon as this was demonstrated and mentioned many times in the show (Divide and Conquer is a main example here). But because it has never been confirmed, many get frustrated with this.

There are many different type of fics out there, featuring relationships (het and slash), AU's, team etc. Depending on what you are looking for, there are numurous archives out there to suit all tastes. If you don't like a certain type of fic, move on to something you do like. Not everyone sees eye to eye, and even those who enjoy reading the same genre disagree over some of the fics they read.
                  Yes, I know all about the different types of fan fiction relationships. I'm writing a SG/BSG cross right now have have BSG and TSCC stories that I've written. I just wanted to know how prevalent the particular Sam/Jack ship was.

I don't mind the ship, it's just a lot of times it overshadows the larger story.

Comment

Let's just declare 'misunderstanding and apology' please.

Bryan, I'm sure Pol didn't mean anything personal. There's a history of a lot of animosity directed towards shippers and people can be sensitive.

That said, this thread is exclusively for fic featuring the sam and jack pairing, so everything rec'd in here will be along that line. So if the pairing isn't to your taste, then there is a general fic rec thread where you might find more. Or if you're looking for a specific type of fic and there's not already a thread for recs, you can start one and see what people recommend.

Let's all move on.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes, I know all about the different types of fan fiction relationships. I'm writing a SG/BSG cross right now have have BSG and TSCC stories that I've written. I just wanted to know how prevalent the particular Sam/Jack ship was.

I don't mind the ship, it's just a lot of times it overshadows the larger story.
                      Re the bolded bit, it just depends on who you ask the question of. There are those of us who think the Sam/Jack ship is huge. Others are very meh about it. And others claim it doesn't exist at all and never did. If you want to include it in your story, just put it in as much or as little as you want it to be there. It doesn't have to overshadow anything. Make it a small part of your story if you want it there.

Comment

Very true on the "nothing personal." This is a 'ship-friendly thread focused on same. I made an assumption based upon the number of posts you've made (less than 15) and the question you asked in this venue. If I was wrong, then I apologize.

Just an FYI, a quick search on just fanfiction dot net turned up 5,016 works of fanfic. And that was just those labeled "Romance," and not including those labeled "angst" "hurt/comfort," etc... That's also not taking into account the hundreds of fan-sites and alternate hosting sites that archive other S/J fic.
                        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Let's call it a misunderstanding.

One I've been reading and enjoying has been the Master and Commander fic.

Comment

For those of you who are a Mark Carter fan (Me! Me! I Am!) plus a little S/J and well, anything written by Suz (which is always fantastic) should read Oh Brother.

Comment

A nice character beat about how Sam and Jack are perfect for each other.

Calm by flower pot girl
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Okay guys, I need help. I'm (again) in serious Pride and Prejudice mood and I remembered a fic I read ages ago, that had SG-1 members find themselves in England in XVIII (?) century. I don't remember the title, author or even where I read it. All I do remember is that in the beginning Sam and Jack got spilt up from Daniel and Teal'c, they had to deal with some robbers and, I think, spend the night in some inn. When they were reunited with Danny & T they found some town where they stayed for a while. I think there was some scene involving trying on new clothes in a tailor's shop and someone from the town had hots for Sam (I may be remembering it wrong though). Time travel was involved. Does it ring any bells?

Obviously it wasn't Christi's Manouvering Business or its sequel.
                                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X