Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Since this conversation began, I've been musing how fun it is that there is such a plethora of quality fic that needs to be kept and saved. What a pleasant problem!
    Remember, I've been pulling fic and saving it for ages. You can find it here. Seriously...loads of fic.

And, just an FYI for space? On my PDA (a Palm TX), I have a 2G expansion card. I've never, in my wildest days of loading that puppy up with fic, ever filled that card past 5% full. That's 95% empty space on just the 2gig card alone, let alone the 250MB of space on the device itself. 16 G is a ton of room if you're only going to do fic.
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Remember, I've been pulling fic and saving it for ages. You can find it here. Seriously...loads of fic.

And, just an FYI for space? On my PDA (a Palm TX), I have a 2G expansion card. I've never, in my wildest days of loading that puppy up with fic, ever filled that card past 5% full. That's 95% empty space on just the 2gig card alone, let alone the 250MB of space on the device itself. 16 G is a ton of room if you're only going to do fic.
      Good to know!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

She's not kidding.

*Huggles Palm*

sigpic
        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

i have hundreds and hundreds of fic on my HD and it takes up almost 800 megs...so yeah, a 16 gig ipad would be sufficient unless you want to have music and movies on it
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            i have hundreds and hundreds of fic on my HD and it takes up almost 800 megs...so yeah, a 16 gig ipad would be sufficient unless you want to have music and movies on it
            Wow, you mean there is something else out there other than fic? This is revolutionary, I wonder what's next...
            sigpic
            Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Just a gentle reminder about the Gateworld Fanfic Competition--we're into Round 2!

If you are so inclined, the link below will take you to the stories and the polling box. This time it's all anonymous, so vote for the three that you like best!

Enjoy!

Fanfic Competition
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Just a gentle reminder about the Gateworld Fanfic Competition--we're into Round 2!

If you are so inclined, the link below will take you to the stories and the polling box. This time it's all anonymous, so vote for the three that you like best!

Enjoy!

Fanfic Competition
                Voted
                Thank you for the link!
                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Enjoy!

Fanfic Competition
                  I voted.

Comment

i do that with my iphone too lol
                    sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                      Been perusing SelDear's stuff on LJ - found this and just absolutely adored it:

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
                      So sweet!! Thanks.
                      sigpic

Comment

OT but fic related. I just loaded 200 books onto my iPad, (the 32 gig), plus 300 photos, the latter half of Season 3 & the first half of 4, some music (a huge playlist), and about 20 apps and the "I'm fill bar" has barely moved.

20 of those books are "real" books (Nora Roberts, and other novels).

My stepson, who was waving his Sony eReader at me when I sold mine, said last night, "I'm jealous!"

Ease of reading in bed...awesome. Light dims super low as sis my PDA, so all are happy with me.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          OT but fic related. I just loaded 200 books onto my iPad, (the 32 gig), plus 300 photos, the latter half of Season 3 & the first half of 4, some music (a huge playlist), and about 20 apps and the "I'm fill bar" has barely moved.

My stepson, who was waving his Sony eReader at me when I sold mine, said last night, "I'm jealous!"

Ease of reading in bed...awesome. Light dims super low as sis my PDA, so all are happy with me.

iPad is the only electronic that when I see the commercials I go "Yes, yes it is." (whatever the commercial is saying LOL)

Comment

Me too. Jealous jealous jealous.

Spoiler:
                            I wanted an iPad for Mom's Day, but my practical spouse air conditioned my studio instead (and the kids gave me Guitar Hero for the Wii--my 11 year old son said , "But mom--it was the ONLY thing in the WHOLE store!" Mm-hmm). So, I won't be sweltering in there this summer, but I will be sadly lacking in new gadgets with which to play. . .
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

i want one. maybe generation two.

I want one with expandability...I like having something where i can dump everything on and not have to keep syncing and resyncing.

Maybe next year around tax time (i sometimes use my refund on a new toy) they'll have one or a competitor will have something that's just as good without the propriataryness and quirks of apple. movies, music, books, minimal typing/word processing, that's even less bulky than a net book
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Pol, thanks for the iPad testimonial. *stares at Sony Reader and mumbles* Nonetheless, I'm loaded with over 100 fanfic stories and 20+ regular books for beach reading next week. My annual beach fanfic story is What Will It Take by SG-1Fanfic. It's long, poignant, romantic, hurt/comfort/angst and adventure all rolled into one! I never tire of it.

Everybody what is your ONE favorite fanfic story of all time that you have read multiple times? I know this is a hard question and I know there are more than myself who read and re-read favorites, so what's yours?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X