Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubberJesus View Post
    The huge drone platform in Antarctica wouldn't have anything to do with it
    I just can't get behind the idea that a single weapon emplacement can defend an entire planet.

As s09119 pointed out, neither could the SG-1 writers.

Comment

My money is China. They always seem to be making grabs at the ISGC without regards to the possible ramifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
        I just can't get behind the idea that a single weapon emplacement can defend an entire planet.

Which is why I made sure Earth never has to face such a ridiculous defense plan again

The planet is now protected by:

- the Atlantus Outpost, located in Antarctica and housing a platform controlling several thousand drones.

- thirty-eight Tollan ion cannons, modified and recalibrated by the Alliance to be effective against modern shields and ships. They are incapable of penetrating shields as their predecessors could, but they are still very powerful.

- a fleet of over two dozen starships built by various nations, including BC-303s and DSC-304s.

- several hundred F-302 interceptors and over fifty F-302b bombercraft on permanent patrol around the planet.

- ground-based naquadriah-enhanced nuclear missiles capable of breaking orbit and engaging enemy ships.

And maybe an extra surprise or two
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post

The drone platform was designed to defend the entire planet, the ori only had 6 ships in the milky way, i really doubt they'd send in all their ships for one planet, they probably don't even know about the drone platform so they'd send one ship like they always do and that ship would get wiped out then they'd send another one to investigate and that one would get capped which would make them think "hey we just lost 1/3 of our fleet on this planet maybe we shouldn't take them just yet"

Comment

Originally posted by altimasmitty View Post
            I do agree that a better weapon is needed. Even if we used current tech there is much to be improved over the P-90. Check out current weapons they are making to Spec OPS.

http://www.defense-update.com/products/s/scar.htm
            ehh...SCAR? ehh not a fan since the XM8 was taken out because of that...even tho the XM8 is a better weapon system by far...than the SCAR...well i was thinking of using like the Bushmaster ACR since it also has a futuristic design and is BETTER than the FN SCAR! and the 6.8x43mm is very very promising....XD plus it has the implementation of other weapon systems like the SCAR, M4, and G36/XM8....NICE!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
              Yes, the P-90 thing is (pretty much) cannon. Don't you remember in "Children of the Gods" when the bullets bounced off the Jaffa armor? They talked about using more heavy-caliber guns, and next thing you know, voila! P-90s.
              well actually Oniell had the idea of the P90 because it was in between the SMG class and the Carbine class...9mm < 5.7mm

5.7x28mm is made for armor piercing unlike the 9mm

Comment

the P-90 actually has a lower caliber round compared to their original weapon(MP5)
                but remember...the P90's 5.7x28mm is stronger than the MP5's 9mm that cant break armor like the 5.7mm...if you look closely the 5.7mm is half of the 5.56x45mm (M16, M4, G36, etc) round...XD

Comment

My money is China. They always seem to be making grabs at the ISGC without regards to the possible ramifications.
                  ehh CHINA...so damn SHADDY! communists....hate them...so much...lost so many people from it...

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    Is that canon? I was under the impression they were chosen because they're more suited to close-in fighting. SG teams aren't normally in large-scale battles, and therefore have no need for things like high-powered rifles. Plus, they're usually in situations where civilians or delicate technology are factors, so a weapon like the P90 is ideal.

Erm... Why didn't the Ori ever attack the obviously-conquerable Earth? We'll never know...

ehh the P90 has more penetration than of the MP5's 9mm round...5.7mm>armor
                    if they were around civilians or delicate tech...MP5s would be best...but the P90 is better than any SMG around because it can defeat armor with its 5.7x28mm ammo....
                    ...well maybe its cuz the ORI didnt know where Earth was yet? idk...and Earth has the Drone Platform and "surprises" in the works...im just guessing on the "surprises" ahahah XD

Comment

I am all about killing the enemy out right so I would have to agree with V1125 when it comes to killing the enemy in war concern over collateral damage is a far second to VICTORY!!
                      YES! thank you! forget wounding the enemy...i would say the Der'kal wouldnt be able to stand up against larger caliber weapons...maybe from 5.56x45mm to 6.8x43mm to 6.5x39mm to 7.62x51mm (.308 cal) and to 12.7x99mm (.50 cal) my best bet would for the Earth forces to use 6.8mm to 7.62x51mm take down any Der'kal reg...since so far thats our best bet on infantry rifle rounds that would most def take something down with a round or burst from a rifle...

Comment

The drone platform was designed to defend the entire planet, the ori only had 6 ships in the milky way, i really doubt they'd send in all their ships for one planet, they probably don't even know about the drone platform so they'd send one ship like they always do and that ship would get wiped out then they'd send another one to investigate and that one would get capped which would make them think "hey we just lost 1/3 of our fleet on this planet maybe we shouldn't take them just yet"
                        ahhahahahahahhahaha so true!
                        XD

Comment

They had many more ships in the galaxy after "The Shroud," and they are known to send all their ships to attack one planet (remember Chulak in "Flesh and Blood"?). They were perfectly able to conquer Earth, the writers just never let them.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            they are known to send all their ships to attack one planet (remember Chulak in "Flesh and Blood"?).
                            But that was at the start of the Ori invasion of this galaxy, so they would send all their troops to 1 planet to gain a foothold, just like the Normandy landings in 1944.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by Major V1125 View Post
                              ehh CHINA...so damn SHADDY! communists....hate them...so much...lost so many people from it...
                              Bet you one round of green it's not China.

Too damn obvious.

Comment

is the ISGC still in the cheyenne mountain base?
                                Continuing Stargate
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50813

Stargate Universal Sin

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67861

Stargate Dark Frontier
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71213

Uttara Kuru- Afterimage (proper theme for stargate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPYc1boma8

Comment

Working...
                                X