No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm y is Mitchel still using the P90? i thought he switched to the G36K...and what about the other soldiers? what weapons are they using...cuz the P90 isnt as great compared amongst the G36, M4, M249, etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Major V1125 View Post
      hmmm y is Mitchel still using the P90? i thought he switched to the G36K...and what about the other soldiers? what weapons are they using...cuz the P90 isnt as great compared amongst the G36, M4, M249, etc etc
      SG teams traditionally use the P90, it's like their flagship weapon.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

P-90s were chosen because their higher-caliber rounds pierced Goa'uld armor more effectively. Now that the Jaffa are allies, we should (theoretically) see more diversification.
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

WHY DID YOU KILL WALTER!??!??!?! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DIDNT MITCHEL JUST SHOOT HIM IN THE LEG!? NO!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P WALTER something something....XD

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
            P-90s were chosen because their higher-caliber rounds pierced Goa'uld armor more effectively. Now that the Jaffa are allies, we should (theoretically) see more diversification.
            well u know that the P90 uses 5.7x28mm rounds that are only half of the standard NATO 5.56x45mm rounds and those rounds are more effective than the 5.7x28mm in penetration....and the standard weapon of SG teams arent all P90s...some teams (when the show was still on) were using M16s, M4s, M60s, G36Ks, M249s, etc etc and by now through the story...i would think that they would change their weapon since they arent as effective in killing the Derkel outright...=( my suggestion...switch to better weapons other than the P90, using assault rifles arent a bad idea since they're better than the P90....
            Last edited by Major V1125; 08 December 2008, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I do agree that a better weapon is needed. Even if we used current tech there is much to be improved over the P-90. Check out current weapons they are making to Spec OPS.

http://www.defense-update.com/products/s/scar.htm

Comment

Been following this for a while now and have to say you have got real talent for this. Sounds like the sort of stuff they real writers would come up with, one thing I would love to see some more British people or even ships!!!

Like the below!!! LOL

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Is that canon? I was under the impression they were chosen because they're more suited to close-in fighting. SG teams aren't normally in large-scale battles, and therefore have no need for things like high-powered rifles. Plus, they're usually in situations where civilians or delicate technology are factors, so a weapon like the P90 is ideal.

Originally posted by Major V1125 View Post
                  WHY DID YOU KILL WALTER!??!??!?! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DIDNT MITCHEL JUST SHOOT HIM IN THE LEG!? NO!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P WALTER something something....XD
                  Erm... Why didn't the Ori ever attack the obviously-conquerable Earth? We'll never know...
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I am all about killing the enemy out right so I would have to agree with V1125 when it comes to killing the enemy in war concern over collateral damage is a far second to VICTORY!!

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                      Been following this for a while now and have to say you have got real talent for this. Sounds like the sort of stuff they real writers would come up with, one thing I would love to see some more British people or even ships!!!

Like the below!!! LOL
                      haha well those ships are UNSC i think haha from halo and therefore suck lol but its a great series of video games and novels. and ship action is great but it lacks good 'team quality' and actual interaction between characters.
                      sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

Yes, the P-90 thing is (pretty much) cannon. Don't you remember in "Children of the Gods" when the bullets bounced off the Jaffa armor? They talked about using more heavy-caliber guns, and next thing you know, voila! P-90s.
                        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

the P-90 actually has a lower caliber round compared to their original weapon(MP5)

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            Erm... Why didn't the Ori ever attack the obviously-conquerable Earth? We'll never know...
                            The huge drone platform in Antarctica wouldn't have anything to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by altimasmitty View Post
                              I am all about killing the enemy out right so I would have to agree with V1125 when it comes to killing the enemy in war concern over collateral damage is a far second to VICTORY!!
                              Sorry, but I respectfully disagree.

Yes, the P-90 thing is (pretty much) cannon. Don't you remember in "Children of the Gods" when the bullets bounced off the Jaffa armor? They talked about using more heavy-caliber guns, and next thing you know, voila! P-90s.
                              It took them 5 seasons to implement the P-90s, so...

Originally posted by RubberJesus View Post
                              The huge drone platform in Antarctica wouldn't have anything to do with it
                              That can only take out a single Ori cruiser, as we learned in "The Road Not Taken."

Comment

The Alliance struggles with the realization that "Divided We Fall."
                                As the Der'kal lay waste to the Free Jaffa at Dakara, the Alliance is paralyzed by self-serving interests in its most powerful member. The stunning revelation that a major Earth power has been collaborating with the enemy freezes any United Nations action in its tracks, starving the ISGC and humanity's fleet of the go-ahead order they need. And with more and more Jaffa, Tok'ra, and Nox dying in the fighting, frustration is quickly turning to blinding anger in the other prominent races.

On Dakara itself, meanwhile, Teal'c lead the cavalry, arriving to repel the ground invasion launched by the alien menace. But when the aging Jaffa warrior is cut off from his men and forced into combat, one question remains; is this his final hour?

"Divided We Fall" will guest star Richard Dean Anderson as Gen. Jack O'Neill, Christopher Judge as Teal'c, Tony Amendola as Bra'tac, _____ _____ as Lor'al, Evangeline Lily as Col. Via Sanders, and many more!

Comment

Working...
                                X