This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
    The story will be complete by Monday. I'm gonna beta it over the weekend apart from Kamil's part to get grammatical, spelling and consistency done then do his Monday/Tuesday.

I'm going to suggest the title is left off the cover artwork altogether if it can't be added later, unless Sunkrux you need to put it on now so that you're free to do your packing at the weekend. If that is the case then send me the artwork with the title which is winning, by tomorrow, in the position you want it. I doubt I'd change it, though thanks for the creative free rein Sky to do so if necessary, and if I do get a burning desire to do so after Kamil and I have finished it then I'll pm you and see if there is a chance for you to change it. Does that sound okay?

I need high res files of the two cover artworks by end of play Sunday latest so that I can take them to work to do Monday. Kat yours can come to me now or when you're ready because it's good to go with no additions.

Again, I'm blown away by the artwork. Thank you so much!

Julia
    x
    What I can do if you all like, is send you a copy without the title and a copy with the winning title.

I didn't use Photoshop on it, but I can save it as a .jpg or a .png and then if someone needs to add the title to it later (if the title changes) they should be able to use whatever photomanipulation software they have to add it.

The back cover is basically going to be a cave of some sort with the authors names, as well as mine and Kat's on it. I like to "KISS" (keep it simple stupid - referring to me) in that respect, you know. The real work is the story; the love and long hours the authors put in writing it that's what needs to shine, imho.

Julia - I can get you both by Sunday no worries. I'm on the West coast of the US, so what is the absolute time you want it by?
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

sounds like it's all under control.

If there's the need to send it to someone, the main jpeg file will be fine (send me the blank, as in un-worded art) and a sample showing me where you want the title to go along with what font you want me to use.

I know illustrator is best, but i know photoshop and if the need arises i can mimick whatever folks want me to.

but it sounds like it's well under control and will be taken care of long before i'm needed

which is absolutely fantastic! and just the way it should be
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        What I can do if you all like, is send you a copy without the title and a copy with the winning title.

Julia - I can get you both by Sunday no worries. I'm on the West coast of the US, so what is the absolute time you want it by?
        That would be great. One with the title and one without. Thanks. That way, we can deal with any change if necessary.

You're on the same timeline as my twin in LA. So can I have it by your time midday Sunday please. That gives me a few hours before I go to bed to print the covers out. Thanks.

Julia
        x
        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

This is the title I'm going for since it is in the lead by one: Symbiosis
          Hope everyone is ok with that. If not, some one voted wrong.

Ok gang, this is the list as I think it should be:

JuliaR
          Denise (Skydiver) & Tagger
          ShimmeringStar
          Strix varia
          UberSG1Fan (with the umlutes (sp?) over the U as requested)
          scifi thinker
          Chopin Gal
          Michelle (Gate Gal)
          reganX
          annsgc-fan & JanSam
          Tracy Jane
          scarimor
          NZBG - annsgc-fan
          Mandysg1 & Megan Stacey (Gategirl422)
          the dancer of spaz
          Myrth
          Michelle DB (chelle db) & Eveline (RepliCartertje)
          Jena(L.A. Doyle) & Julia (samcarterrules)
          Poz & minigeek
          Kamjul

Spiritual Advisor and Cheerleader Extraordinaire: deejay

But I will be sending a blank copy of the cover so if people don't really like that title, Julia or Sky can change it.

Julia, I'll have both the front and author list to you by tomorrow early (as in I'm about to go set them up and send them too you).

p.s. I apologize if I got any author names incorrect, I was going off the list Sky typed originally and what you all requested. If you didn't request anything, then I'm guessing you're fine with the way it is now. I'm emailing the pages to JuliaR shortly so once they've left me...you'll have to plead with JuliaR to get them changed.
          Last edited by SunKrux; 17 March 2007, 08:38 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Cool, Sunny
            scarimor

Comment

Kamil has put my story part up.

One more to go and then we're done.

Julia
              x

Comment

Julia(G4) - I received your email and have just sent the covers off to you. Hope you get them in time!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                  This is the title I'm going for since it is in the lead by one: Symbiosis
                  Hope everyone is ok with that. If not, some one voted wrong.

Ok gang, this is the list as I think it should be:

JuliaR
                  Denise (Skydiver) & Tagger
                  ShimmeringStar
                  Strix varia
                  UberSG1Fan (with the umlutes (sp?) over the U as requested)
                  scifi thinker
                  Chopin Gal
                  Michelle (Gate Gal)
                  reganX
                  annsgc-fan & JanSam
                  Tracy Jane
                  scarimor
                  NZBG - annsgc-fan
                  Mandysg1 & Megan Stacey (Gategirl422)
                  the dancer of spaz
                  Myrth
                  Michelle DB (chelle db) & Eveline (RepliCartertje)
                  Jena(L.A. Doyle) & Julia (samcarterrules)
                  Poz & minigeek
                  Kamjul

Spiritual Advisor and Cheerleader Extraordinaire: deejay

But I will be sending a blank copy of the cover so if people don't really like that title, Julia or Sky can change it.

Julia, I'll have both the front and author list to you by tomorrow early (as in I'm about to go set them up and send them too you).

p.s. I apologize if I got any author names incorrect, I was going off the list Sky typed originally and what you all requested. If you didn't request anything, then I'm guessing you're fine with the way it is now. I'm emailing the pages to JuliaR shortly so once they've left me...you'll have to plead with JuliaR to get them changed.
                  scfithinker has no space in the name. I thought you had already fixed this. Is it a temporary or permanent typo at this time?
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Okay, the final part is up! It seems we're almost done! Wrote my part yesterday and it's up at the site.

Here's the entire book:

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...d.php?t=1&i=61

My big thanks to *everyone* who contributed and put their time to do this!

Kamil
                    sigpic

Comment

*happy dance* We did it!

Comment

*joins in the happy dance* we finished, its a great story with a great ending Kamil

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
                          Okay, the final part is up! It seems we're almost done! Wrote my part yesterday and it's up at the site.

Here's the entire book:

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...d.php?t=1&i=61

My big thanks to *everyone* who contributed and put their time to do this!

Kamil
                          WooHoo...thank you Kamil...thank you Julia....thank you everyone who made it happen...yeehaa...*happy dance*
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Just a note to say that the final version of the whole story which Kamil has put on the website will be replaced with what actually goes to Amanda this week. It is in beta at the moment and there *will* be changes, as there are continuity errors and other things which are being changed as we speak. The final version will be sent to Kamil for upload when it's finally ready.

Thanks to all of you who took part, writers, artists, cheerleaders etc.

The actual book will head out of the UK on Thursday!

Julia
                            G4

Comment

Just read the two last parts and they are amazing!!! Great work Julia and Kamil!!!

and yay we did

CONGRATS EVERYONE who have written, supported, beta'ed, made a cover!!!!
                              You were all amazing.

I love the team-work!!!

Comment

I'd like to congratulate everyone for all their hard work in completing such a wonderful project.
                                I've been sitting in the gallery, quietly cheering you all on.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X