This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
    Sorry for the delay in posting this, but my daughter's been ill the past few days and I'm vistiting my parents so my connection to the internet is sporatic at best.

I originally created a cover that included both front and back, so I decided to just post the entire thing. If you like the left side and don't feel that anything needs to be altered, then I just need someone to tell me what size it needs to be then I can easily crop the image and adjust the size.

I made the image huge because I wasn't sure how it would look printed out, but I have to admit it's fuzzier at the larger sizes because I had a heck of a time finding hi resolution photos to use.

Samanda Cover
    Hi Kat,

Great work please don't change any of the art work its fantastic
    There's one thing my name, if there is room could you write it as Julia(samcarterrules)
    Sorry to be a pain

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Poz and Geek,

Your part was so funny, well done

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but my daughter's been ill the past few days and I'm vistiting my parents so my connection to the internet is sporatic at best.
        I hope she's on the mend.

Oooh, I like that, Kat

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
        Parts 21 and 22 are up!
        lol at
        Spoiler:
        the Star Wars references!
        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          I printed an 81/2 x 11 landscape version of it on the monster-$10,000-makes-toast-and-julienne-fries-colour-printer we have here (it's brand new and it has a bigger interface on it - and more touchscreens - than the friggin' SGC control room!), anyhow, it's quite readable and it looks very nice!

Since there has been a bit of confusion with my original post, I thought I should rectify that little problem. I was only intending on the left side of the cover being my submission. I'm not doing anything with names, that was what Sunny's cover was suppose to do. So i've edited my side to be just what will actually be submitted. I was just being lazy earlier, because I didn't want to take the time to crop and resize my cover until I knew it was going to be ok. Sorry for the confusion.

Kat

Samanda Story Cover
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 14 March 2007, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I originally created a cover that included both front and back, so I decided to just post the entire thing. If you like the left side and don't feel that anything needs to be altered, then I just need someone to tell me what size it needs to be then I can easily crop the image and adjust the size.

I made the image huge because I wasn't sure how it would look printed out, but I have to admit it's fuzzier at the larger sizes because I had a heck of a time finding hi resolution photos to use.

Samanda Cover

ETA: As much as I originally liked the concept of my cover, I started thinking about it last night that I'm not sure how well it's going to look printed out because I'm not sure if you will get the same definitions on paper as you will on a computer screen. Someone may wish to make up a quick, simple cover to use instead, because I unfortunately won't be home till friday so I can't really test print it myself. Sorry for the inconvenience, Kat.
            Nice! Just one thing. It's Jena not Jenna. Oops! Nevermind-I see you changed the cover.

Comment

Just a note to clarify a few things.

The artwork from both Sunkrux and Kat is simply stunning. We will be using both. Nothing *anyone* does in this project will be wasted. It's simply a question of using one set of artwork for the front cover and one for the back. These will be printed out on photoquality paper and using a superduper machine at my workplace (and a helping hand from one of my staff there) will be transferred onto thicker card like material for the covers. These will then be bound in with the printed pages to make the "book".

Sunkrux is putting the author's names on her cover (ie the online names or whichever people have requested). *Inside* the book will be a list for Amanda's eyes only of the author's real names if they have provided them to me. Amanda will also have a record of the authors of each part so that she can see how this truly was a team effort.

Titles? Oh man, there are loads that spring to mind. Just throwing a few extra ones out...

"A phase of life"
              "Illusions"
              "Worlds apart"
              "Symbiosis" - someone said this one already
              "Inclusion"
              "Relative values"
              "Connections"
              "Deception"

Someone make a decision and let Sunkrux know so she can put it on the cover somewhere.

BTW Inside the cover it will say it is "a Samandan story"

Okay back to writing now...

Julia
              x
              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Julia, WE LOVE YOU. You are the bestest organizer ever.

HUGS!
                geek (wait a second! isn't it WAAYYYY past your bed time? ... *checks watch*)

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                Just a note to clarify a few things.

The artwork from both Sunkrux and Kat is simply stunning. We will be using both. Nothing *anyone* does in this project will be wasted. It's simply a question of using one set of artwork for the front cover and one for the back. These will be printed out on photoquality paper and using a superduper machine at my workplace (and a helping hand from one of my staff there) will be transferred onto thicker card like material for the covers. These will then be bound in with the printed pages to make the "book".

Sunkrux is putting the author's names on her cover (ie the online names or whichever people have requested). *Inside* the book will be a list for Amanda's eyes only of the author's real names if they have provided them to me. Amanda will also have a record of the authors of each part so that she can see how this truly was a team effort.

Titles? Oh man, there are loads that spring to mind. Just throwing a few extra ones out...

"A phase of life"
                "Illusions"
                "Worlds apart"
                "Symbiosis" - someone said this one already
                "Inclusion"
                "Relative values"
                "Connections"
                "Deception"

Someone make a decision and let Sunkrux know so she can put it on the cover somewhere.

BTW Inside the cover it will say it is "a Samandan story"

Okay back to writing now...

Julia
                x

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                  Julia, WE LOVE YOU. You are the bestest organizer ever.

HUGS!
                  geek (wait a second! isn't it WAAYYYY past your bed time? ... *checks watch*)
                  Oops caught.....yep it's 1.30 am here and I lied...I can't possible go back to doing my writing now....gotta get up at 6 am and I'm pooped...

Nite nite everyone..and hugs backatcha!

Julia
                  x

Comment

Ok, we now have a poll

Vote for the title you think is best. Vote as soon as you can because Julia will Title the fic when she needs to....and that'll be when it's done. We don't know when that will be, thus i'm leaving it up to her to decide when it's time.

Also, since she's gonna be the one to beta the fic, something more suited may strike her as she finishes betaing it and reading Kamil's part, thus if something better occures to her, i'm gonna leave it to her to change and go with something more appropriate

In the event of a tie, i'll leave it up to her discretion to choose what fits best.

So, spread the word and make your suggestion.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Since there has been a bit of confusion with my original post, I thought I should rectify that little problem. I was only intending on the left side of the cover being my submission. I'm not doing anything with names, that was what Sunny's cover was suppose to do. So i've edited my side to be just what will actually be submitted. I was just being lazy earlier, because I didn't want to take the time to crop and resize my cover until I knew it was going to be ok. Sorry for the confusion.

Kat

Samanda Story Cover

You are SO not lazy. You've had a sick kid. ((((Kat))))

It's still gorgeous.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I have to applaud both Sunny and Kat for the amazing art work

and here's a sugestion for a title: Realm of Existence
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          I have to applaud both Sunny and Kat for the amazing art work

and here's a sugestion for a title: Realm of Existence
                          Hear, hear!!!

Fantastic work, both of you.

Out of town with my daughter at a swim meet for a few days and gateworld hurtles by.... missed all the cover questions, SunKrux, I pm'd you.

Haven't had a chance to read the latest chapters - can't wait!

WOW, is this almost finished?

Great job everyone, what a fun experience!

(((((Hugs to everyone!)))))

I'd normally invite everyone over for a celebratory potluck - but virtual hugs and congratulations will have to do.

Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Love the artwork! Love the last few chapters! Hey, loved all the chapters!
                            This project was just a lot of fun! I'm ready to start a new one. What are we going to do next?

(I'm just playing. Don't throw anything at me, please.)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              Ok, we now have a poll

Vote for the title you think is best. Vote as soon as you can because Julia will Title the fic when she needs to....and that'll be when it's done. We don't know when that will be, thus i'm leaving it up to her to decide when it's time.

Also, since she's gonna be the one to beta the fic, something more suited may strike her as she finishes betaing it and reading Kamil's part, thus if something better occures to her, i'm gonna leave it to her to change and go with something more appropriate

In the event of a tie, i'll leave it up to her discretion to choose what fits best.

So, spread the word and make your suggestion.

The story will be complete by Monday. I'm gonna beta it over the weekend apart from Kamil's part to get grammatical, spelling and consistency done then do his Monday/Tuesday.

I'm going to suggest the title is left off the cover artwork altogether if it can't be added later, unless Sunkrux you need to put it on now so that you're free to do your packing at the weekend. If that is the case then send me the artwork with the title which is winning, by tomorrow, in the position you want it. I doubt I'd change it, though thanks for the creative free rein Sky to do so if necessary, and if I do get a burning desire to do so after Kamil and I have finished it then I'll pm you and see if there is a chance for you to change it. Does that sound okay?

I need high res files of the two cover artworks by end of play Sunday latest so that I can take them to work to do Monday. Kat yours can come to me now or when you're ready because it's good to go with no additions.

Again, I'm blown away by the artwork. Thank you so much!

Julia
                              x

Comment

ok, i've added realm of existence to the poll.

Sunny, it's up to you. if you want to choose the title that's winning and put it on the cover and get it to julia, that's fine with me.

If we want the option of me changing it, i'll just need the layered photoshop file.

I have no issue at all with sunny 'putting it to bed' as it is and getting stuff handed in. I'm babysitting friday night and working the st pat's parade saturday, so my weekend is kinda busy. It's not to say that i can't get it done, i just won't have time until sunday is all
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X