This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all!

hedwig -I always appreciate the vast knowledge contained in that head of yours

iiradned -I want the DHD present because when Earth sends the MALP through, I don't want SG1 to automatically know they won't be able to dial back.

I had not thought about manual dialing, so I will need to come up with a reason SG1 can't manually dial -thanks for making me think about that (not really a problem, since SG1 will be captured shortly after their arrival).

fems -I forgot about the lexicon entirely! *facepalm* thanks...
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Hi all.
      I've just had a thought.
      Why haven't any SG teams used Microlight aircraft whilst doing off world recon missions ?

I'm considering using a Microlight in one of my fics. But fear it may not be liked by some people.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
        Hi all.
        I've just had a thought.
        Why haven't any SG teams used Microlight aircraft whilst doing off world recon missions ?

I'm considering using a Microlight in one of my fics. But fear it may not be liked by some people.
        If you want to use it, do so. It's your story, and you shouldn't worry about whether some people like the use of a Microlight or not.

Comment

Do we know what reason Mark was given for Jacob's rapid demise?
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
            Do we know what reason Mark was given for Jacob's rapid demise?
            Nothing was ever mentioned as to what Mark was told. So you're free to make it up.

Comment

It's one of the things I wish they'd handled better, even if it was just a comment from Sam about making arrangements for the funeral and giving her brother a cover story about Jacob's death...

Return of his lymphoma is often used in fanon.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I have a question about Daniel Jackson and Cameron Mitchell. I know Mitchell always calls Daniel "Jackson" when talking to/about him, but does anyone know what Daniel calls him? In Avalon he once called him "Colonel" but they'd just met and I've gone through a couple of transcripts but it's like Daniel just avoids calling him anything!
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Very rarely does Daniel refer to Mitchell by any moniker.

Comment

Though it would be in keeping with his character to refer to him as 'Cam' -I'm basing this on his previous interaction with team members...he always said 'Jack' and 'Sam', so it would seem logical that he would fall into the pattern with Cam (after the initial warming up).
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Thank you both; I ended up using "Mitchell" when referring to him because that was what he called him in Arthur's Mantle when talking to the man directly or referring to him.
                      On FFnet or AO3

Comment

You're very welcome!

Comment

At @ 640 lightyears away, is is possible that the Hammond or any other Tauri spaceships have visited the system containing Betelgeuse by current time?

Is the Asgard hyperdrive and the available power enough to make a trip of that magnitude routine? Or is it unlikely because it would be a frivolous use of precious resources?
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            At @ 640 lightyears away, is is possible that the Hammond or any other Tauri spaceships have visited the system containing Betelgeuse by current time?

Is the Asgard hyperdrive and the available power enough to make a trip of that magnitude routine? Or is it unlikely because it would be a frivolous use of precious resources?
                            A 304 equipped with Asgard hyperdrive and a diminished power source in comparison to that found on an Asgard vessel could easily make that trip. The Pegasus galaxy is much further away than that.

Comment

Out of curiosity, why Betelgeuse, specifically?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

It's for background info in a short story I'm working on. Betelgeuse is also referred to as the Valentine Star. It is believed to expand and contract over a six year period -like a very slow heartbeat.

Call me a hopeless romantic...

This is what happens to the brain when watching astronomy shows on PBS.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X