This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siles View Post
    So far so good. But here comes a tricky qs: what's your take on Sam and Jack?
    I'm not a Sam/Jack shipper, if that's what you're asking. In my version of the Gateverse, there's a level of affection between them, but my storyline is focused on other things.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

If we're mentioning ships.
      Would it be weird if an OC in a fic was dating Janet Frasier ?
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]33625[/ATTACH]

this is it
        Hmm. Bit boring looking, isn't it?

Time for a rethink then.

I need something official looking, like a police detective's shield, that my characters can flash at the local cops in order to get them to back off. Federal agent of some sort I think.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          Hmm. Bit boring looking, isn't it?

Time for a rethink then.

I need something official looking, like a police detective's shield, that my characters can flash at the local cops in order to get them to back off. Federal agent of some sort I think.
          I don't know who your character is supposed to be but if they're an OC you could make them an (AF)OSI special agent. They have badges they can flash.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            I don't know who your character is supposed to be but if they're an OC you could make them an (AF)OSI special agent. They have badges they can flash.
            Major Jack Hunter, formerly of the 75th Rangers US Army, but now the field commander of Team SG-999 the SGC's dedicated Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) unit.

Think of SG-999 being equal parts G.I. Joe, SWAT team, paramedic response unit, and bomb disposal squad.
            My reasoning is there's so much alien tech floating around on Earth, someone has to keep track of it and dispose of the really nasty stuff safely.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
              Not at all. She's single, after all, and had no other canon relationship. Go for it!
              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                Janet is single. The only reference to relationships for her was in "Hathor" when she mentioned an ex-husband. So she's free to date or be involved with pretty much anyone she wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMushroom View Post
                  Not sure if this is the right place to ask...is Heliopolis down permanently? I can't access and are getting nervous...there's some fave fics there I haven't found anywhere else.
                  It seems it was just this weekend, because it's back up now
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Just a reminder, for those looking for general beta help--to give or receive--the Beta Central thread is still open.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I could use some help with something I wrote. It's a tag to the Stargate: Atlantis episode "The Prodigal" and is just under 1500 words. Without giving too much away, Carson is off-world helping a village with it's medical ailments during the events of The Prodigal. While there, he treats a young woman who looks eerily similar to the woman that was killed in front of Carson in order to get him to help with Michael's research (mentioned in "The Kindred, pat 2"). (He had just dreamed about the incident the night before, too.)

The thing that I am struggling with is, what would Carson's reaction be? What I have written is that once he gets a look at the woman he suddenly pauses in shock after realizing who she looks like, and then he says something like "Bl--dy h---." Then comes the scene break.

I don't swear myself, so writing such language is a little bothersome to me, but at the same time I want to write something that would genuinely sound like Carson, but without getting carried away with the drama. What do you all think? Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        Janet is single. The only reference to relationships for her was in "Hathor" when she mentioned an ex-husband. So she's free to date or be involved with pretty much anyone she wants to.
                        In one of the Stargate Companion books (I forget which one), there's a short piece by Teryl Rothery about Janet's family.

Her parents and two older brothers are mentioned.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lyra Lollygagger View Post
                          I could use some help with something I wrote. It's a tag to the Stargate: Atlantis episode "The Prodigal" and is just under 1500 words. Without giving too much away, Carson is off-world helping a village with it's medical ailments during the events of The Prodigal. While there, he treats a young woman who looks eerily similar to the woman that was killed in front of Carson in order to get him to help with Michael's research (mentioned in "The Kindred, pat 2"). (He had just dreamed about the incident the night before, too.)

The thing that I am struggling with is, what would Carson's reaction be? What I have written is that once he gets a look at the woman he suddenly pauses in shock after realizing who she looks like, and then he says something like "Bl--dy h---." Then comes the scene break.

I don't swear myself, so writing such language is a little bothersome to me, but at the same time I want to write something that would genuinely sound like Carson, but without getting carried away with the drama. What do you all think? Any ideas?
                          In the UK, which Carson is obviously from, 'Bloody Hell' is generally considered fairly tame and mild swearing, so I think it would be the least he would say.

That said, Beckett doesn't seem to be the type to use expletives most of the time, so ultimately it would feel fairly appropriate that when he really feels the need to use one, it's still a mild one.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Excuse me! Carson's from Scotland!

But yeah, "bloody hell" is fairly mild these days. You might also want to give "In the name o' the wee man!" a try.

The "wee man" being the tiny effigy of the crucified Christ that some folks have on their crucifixes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thank you for your responses to my question.
                              I'll have to check the companions for the piece by Teryl.
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I met Teryl at a con some years ago (she kissed my head. She has a bit of a thing for bald men), and suggested to her that Rip Torn and Susan Sarandon would be perfect to play Janet's mum and dad.
                                She loved the idea.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X