Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well he's being sent to a planet to help daniel with some ancient tech and he steps through and the security point their weapons at him. he came from earth so i'm sure he's well fed and put radek down plenty of times
    sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Okay, I need some help and have a couple of questions.. What would you say is Ronon's, Teyla's, Elizabeth's, Carson's, Sheppard's, and McKay's greatest demon in themselves? Like what's one home truth for them individually that they would have a hard time facing and how would you make them face it?

Thanks for your help!

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
        Okay, I need some help and have a couple of questions.. What would you say is Ronon's, Teyla's, Elizabeth's, Carson's, Sheppard's, and McKay's greatest demon in themselves? Like what's one home truth for them individually that they would have a hard time facing and how would you make them face it?

Thanks for your help!
        Just me:

Ronon's is being rejected by friends.
        Teyla's is either being a bad leader/horrible mother, or being judged by her wraith DNA.
        Elizabeth's and Sheppard are not being a good or strong enough leader and McKay's is making an intellectual mistake; all three of them would definitely fear witnessing someone dying due to their mistake.
        Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
          Just me:

Ronon's is being rejected by friends.
          Teyla's is either being a bad leader/horrible mother, or being judged by her wraith DNA.
          Elizabeth's and Sheppard are not being a good or strong enough leader and McKay's is making an intellectual mistake; all three of them would definitely fear witnessing someone dying due to their mistake.
          Thanks!

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

Radio signals can go through stargates, right? can more than one go through at a time?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

As I understand it, radio waves can travel very easily both ways through a Stargate.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                As I understand it, radio waves can travel very easily both ways through a Stargate.
                Good; I remembered that part correctly. Is it then possible to have three-way conversation or not, though?

Comment

Radio signals can go through stargates, right? can more than one go through at a time?
                  Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                  Good; I remembered that part correctly. Is it then possible to have three-way conversation or not, though?
                  I guess as long the signals do interfere with each other.
                  No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                  It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

My guess is that since the SGC can control a MALP or UAV in real time with full video and sensor telemetry, which must require a lot of bandwidth and radio waves going backwards and forwards simultaneously through the Stargate, a three way radio conversation would be no trouble whatsoever.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

anyone know of some websites other then here and ff to post written stories? i'm looking for feedback on my stories
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
                        anyone know of some websites other then here and ff to post written stories? i'm looking for feedback on my stories
                        AO3

...this is another option, but my experience so far suggests that readers on FFN give more and better feedback.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

thanks sara i guess i'm just looking for some feedback and have been lacking it is all
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            I've never gotten feedback from there.

Meanwhile, I'm having a small issue, but it requires a lot of backstory to explain: Shortly after Atlantis landed on earth, a mystery organization managed to outsmart the military and steal Todd. He was missing for three months until he was found, but there was evidence that someone inside helped him escape. No one saw who helped him, Todd refused to talk about it, and the place blew up shortly after rescue.

In my story it's been six months since then, Atlantis is back in Space (Todd went with it), John is on Earth on medical leave, and Todd has sort of made friends with the new person in charge of Atlantis. Stargate HQ is holding a man named Sa'eed in custody, who has knowledge about both Atlantis and Todd and is politely requesting to see the latter; Todd even recognizes Sa'eed's name. The question is, what do they do with the guy?

I need a valid reason that they would allow him on Atlantis (which military supervision). What to change, other information needed, etc. I keep feeling like everyone's IQ dropped when they consider acquiescing, as he is still part of an organization no one in the Stargate Program knows much about and he and Todd don't want to talk about it.

Comment

Hmmm...I'll have to ponder this awhile, but my initial thought is that Sa'eed could offer some VERY tanalizing information (held hostage until he gets his wish to seet Todd). I think that even then your characters will have to express misgivings about how smart it is to give him what he wants, and those gaurding him will probably be hyper alert.

This is not an impossible scenario: remember when Nerus was allowed into the SGC ('Off the Grid') because he supposedly had info that they wanted.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

agree with Sara on this one
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X